Sponsored

Order + purchase of Ford Bronco vs Tesla??

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford experience:
Ordered my Bronco in Oct 2021 and it was delivered almost exactly 1 year later in Oct 2022. Lots of drama, not knowing if price protection was going to be honored, will there be dealer ADM, no reliable information from the dealer as I don't think they knew, delivery date moved a bunch of times, etc., etc.

Tesla experience:
Ordered the car, received the car, no drama, no questions about the price, delivered on time to the minute. Handled my trade-in like it was a breeze and gave me more than I expected, and the icing on the cake - Tesla's auto loan interest rate was almost 3% lower than the banks.

Ford is going to have to catch up to the Tesla experience because at this point in time my next vehicle will very likely be another Tesla. I love my Bronco and plan to keep it forever, but after it's paid off it will be my fun car and I'll get another work vehicle which unless things change I'd go right to Tesla.

Ford is going to have to change otherwise they'll be left behind!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
And, it shows Ford how to improve so future Bronco buyers could hopefully have a better experience!

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Obviously to offend you! ;)

It's comparing experiences, and the more you know??
No, I'm rarely offended, but you're comparing a company (Tesla) who has had the same vehicles offered for the past ?? years, to Ford who had like 150,000 reservations in the first year for a new model.

As people say here, it's apples to oranges. :LOL:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I'm rarely offended, but you're comparing a company (Tesla) who has had the same vehicles offered for the past ?? years, to Ford who had like 150,000 reservations in the first year for a new model.

As people say here, it's apples to oranges. :LOL:

More like apples to tacos.

Anyone comparing Tesla to a Bronco might as well just use public transportation. Just because I can easily buy something I don't need doesn't decrease my desire for things I do need.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford experience:
Ordered my Bronco in Oct 2021 and it was delivered almost exactly 1 year later in Oct 2022. Lots of drama, not knowing if price protection was going to be honored, will there be dealer ADM, no reliable information from the dealer as I don't think they knew, delivery date moved a bunch of times, etc., etc.

Tesla experience:
Ordered the car, received the car, no drama, no questions about the price, delivered on time to the minute. Handled my trade-in like it was a breeze and gave me more than I expected, and the icing on the cake - Tesla's auto loan interest rate was almost 3% lower than the banks.

Ford is going to have to catch up to the Tesla experience because at this point in time my next vehicle will very likely be another Tesla. I love my Bronco and plan to keep it forever, but after it's paid off it will be my fun car and I'll get another work vehicle which unless things change I'd go right to Tesla.

So what tesla did you order?

Think the Bronco ordering experience is closer to the Cybertruck experience... Not a model Y or Model 3 order.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford experience:

Tesla experience:

Cool. Now pray the Tesla never gets in an accident.

The 6+ months you'll wait for parts should be fantastic to participate in!

I've noticed your average Tesla driver is always concerned about the globes health so don't forget you owe John Q. Public $7,500 worth of free rides to offset the money you took from the taxpayer. Do your part!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So what tesla did you order?

Think the Bronco ordering experience is closer to the Cybertruck experience... Not a model Y or Model 3 order.
Teslaphiles do not mention the Vaporwear truck. Its like fight club. Duh.

Nor do they demand being offered any new styling or different paint colors every decade weather it was possible to do such a thing or not.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow - just wow!
How quickly everyone forgets the first year of the Tesla production (or lack thereof) and that was NOT during a global pandemic.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If we want to compare "Apple to Apples"...

Tesla was expecting $100 from people to reserve their hyphothetical Triangle truck back in October 2019. Since then, Ford has introduced and actually SOLD the following vehicles:

1. The Bronco
2. The Bronco Sport
3. The Maverick
4. The Mustang EV
5. The F-150 Lightning
6. The EV e-Transit Van

...Since the introduction of their hypothetical triangle truck, Tesla has not introduced ANY other new vehicles.

Last edited:

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I promise, FMC wants to sell direct to consumer, but the government says…

FUB6G

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully op does not live near any backyard swimming pools... or walls for that matter.

Bluecruse 2.0 is definitely something Ford does better than Tesla's Autopilot. More of an apples to apples comparison.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford experience:

Tesla experience:

There's a reason that Tesla is raking in huge profits and Ford LOST $2 billion last year. Ford has some great products but is one of the worst, most inefficiently run companies in the industry. Dealerships, as a whole, are an outdated concept. In decades past, people went to dealerships to learn about and see the current model lineup and be educated on various features, take a test drive, and get assistance in ordering a vehicle. But, let's face it. Today, with the internet and youtube, the average consumer knows more about a companies products than the average salesman, sales manager or general manager of a dealership. I still haven't received my Bronco after nearly a year and a half and, all along the way, I've been educating my salesman and sales manager on the Ford Bronco. I had to educate my sales manager about the private offer certificate I was due. He claimed to never had heard of them. Explain to me why we need dealerships? All they do is create a middleman and increase prices.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
More like apples to tacos.

Anyone comparing Tesla to a Bronco might as well just use public transportation. Just because I can easily buy something I don't need doesn't decrease my desire for things I do need.
I think you're missing the point the OP was trying to make. He's not comparing a model Y to a Bronco. He's comparing the buying experience and the efficiency in which Tesla can deliver a product compared to the absolute horror show involved with ordering a vehicle through Ford.
Sponsored