Sponsored

Order + purchase of Ford Bronco vs Tesla??

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a reason that Tesla is raking in huge profits and Ford LOST $2 billion last year. Ford has some great products but is one of the worst, most inefficiently run companies in the industry. Dealerships, as a whole, are an outdated concept. In decades past, people went to dealerships to learn about and see the current model lineup and be educated on various features, take a test drive, and get assistance in ordering a vehicle. But, let's face it. Today, with the internet and youtube, the average consumer knows more about a companies products than the average salesman, sales manager or general manager of a dealership. I still haven't received my Bronco after nearly a year and a half and, all along the way, I've been educating my salesman and sales manager on the Ford Bronco. I had to educate my sales manager about the private offer certificate I was due. He claimed to never had heard of them. Explain to me why we need dealerships? All they do is create a middleman and increase prices.
Uhh... Tesla's milking US taxpayers:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/31/investing/tesla-profitability/index.html
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you're missing the point the OP was trying to make. He's not comparing a model Y to a Bronco. He's comparing the buying experience and the efficiency in which Tesla can deliver a product compared to the absolute horror show involved with ordering a vehicle through Ford.

No, I didn't miss his point at all, but you seemed to miss mine. What does it matter if I can easily buy a Tesla if I don't want a Tesla? You know, you can also just go down to your local dealership of whatever brand and they've already got brand new vehicles right there to buy with no waiting. Still has no impact on wanting and getting a Bronco. I don't give a rats arse how easy Teslas are to get.

If you want a Tesla, get a Tesla and be happy. If you want a Bronco, jump through the hoops required and be happy too.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the moral
of the posts is that all these legacy run auto companies have seen their market shares decline every decade but refuse to change how they’re run. Same idea on a vid I put up last night.

Some of us may recall in the 80’s to early 90’s the big three domestic brands would dominate auto sales in every category. Now the big three domestic brands have given up on sedans and compact cars to focus on SUV and trucks. While, yes they still mostly dominate sells in SUV and trucks I’m sure they have seen that market share erode and if they simply just keep up or keep the same business model then they should expect to be less relevant in a few short decades cause now there are new domestic EV brands poaching their sales.

Sponsored

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hope you live near a certified Tesla repair shop or body shop.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes dealerships are outdated but service stations will need to exsist regardless. That is the one thing that dealers hold over fords heads. Have fun selling cars that noone can service wile maintaining tracking of warranties.

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another comparison is the Rivian buying experience. I ordered an R1S Feb 2021 and received it March of 23. 25 months to the day from my order.

What they did do is update me fairly regularly through the process with specifics on building an entire factory to make the vehicle through the pandemic, making the R1T, R1S, and the new Amazon delivery vans at the same time, all new to market, and then set me up with an online portal to do the entire purchase process including my trade in and loan, while also giving me a “guide” that was extremely helpful to talk directly to, then dropped it off at my house exactly when they said they would.

In addition, I had a small trim piece that was misaligned and they sent a tech to my home to fix it.

I also love my Bronco and do realize my EV SUV isn’t the same as my Bronco. They’re both awesome SUVs and the Rivian version of Goat modes are actually quite a bit smoother to use than my Bronco but I digress…

The buying experience because of wait time sucked for both for sure but the dealer/ buyer experience is far and away won my the brand new company Rivian than it is by Ford.

Same goes for service if my vehicles. Going to most dealers is a process of scheduling out weeks in advance, showing up on time for a simple job, and being told they may have time to look at it in 3 days. “No you can’t reschedule and drop it to be serviced same day, we don’t do that, you schedule to have it dropped and put in line to be looked at when we get around to it…”

It’s a broken model no matter how much I love my vehicle.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another comparison is the Rivian buying experience. I ordered an R1S Feb 2021 and received it March of 23. 25 months to the day from my order. .............
I know many Bronco buyers waited longer (or are still waiting), but 25 months seems way beyond the industry standard.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know many Bronco buyers waited longer (or are still waiting), but 25 months seems way beyond the industry standard.
I am still waiting on my R1S and don't expect it till this fall. The Bronco experience prepared me for the wait. I have only visited the Rivian service center once for a test drive, so I don't have any experience with delivery yet. But I expect it will be better than the FORD one. Not worrying about a last minute ADM, not fighting for all the promised price protections, (dealer screwed me out of the mid year price rebate).

Sponsored

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do you compare an appliance to a fun toy? If you want an appliance there are plenty of Ford Escape/Explorers in stock everywhere, no wait and you can even get a discount...

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're missing the point the OP was trying to make. He's not comparing a model Y to a Bronco. He's comparing the buying experience and the efficiency in which Tesla can deliver a product compared to the absolute horror show involved with ordering a vehicle through Ford.
You get it, but everyone resisting or defending Ford is stuck in the past.

There is no drama with the tesla purchase, no surprises, no fear, no ADM.

Walk onto a Ford dealer today and try to buy a F150 which they've been making for years,
- will you pay MSRP - good luck!!
- ADM??
- extra's forced upon you
- high interest rate

Non of that happened during my tesla purchase. Frankly, it was as easy and drama free as buying a pair of shoes off amazon!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let's see how Tesla does with the cybertruck as they have over 1 million reservations.

No, I'm rarely offended, but you're comparing a company (Tesla) who has had the same vehicles offered for the past ?? years, to Ford who had like 150,000 reservations in the first year for a new model.

As people say here, it's apples to oranges. :LOL:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford experience:
Ordered my Bronco in Oct 2021 and it was delivered almost exactly 1 year later in Oct 2022. Lots of drama, not knowing if price protection was going to be honored, will there be dealer ADM, no reliable information from the dealer as I don't think they knew, delivery date moved a bunch of times, etc., etc.

Tesla experience:
Ordered the car, received the car, no drama, no questions about the price, delivered on time to the minute. Handled my trade-in like it was a breeze and gave me more than I expected, and the icing on the cake - Tesla's auto loan interest rate was almost 3% lower than the banks.

Ford is going to have to catch up to the Tesla experience because at this point in time my next vehicle will very likely be another Tesla. I love my Bronco and plan to keep it forever, but after it's paid off it will be my fun car and I'll get another work vehicle which unless things change I'd go right to Tesla.

Ford is going to have to change otherwise they'll be left behind!
So when will you be sharing your experiences with your new Tesla Cybertruck? Inquiring minds want to know!

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I went to Burger King and ordered a Whopper with cheese. Sure enough two minutes later I got a Whopper with cheese. Ford you listening?
Sponsored