Sponsored

Order pushed to 2022, then an email with a production date in 2021, then this...

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many of you, my day 2 reservation was pushed to MY22 according to an official email from Ford.

Then Ford emailed me a couple of months later to tell me I have a December 6 production date along with a VIN.

Today I got a call from my dealer that the 22 order banks are open and I can place my 2022 order.

What should I make of all of this? Are they giving me a BOGO (Buy One Get One) to make up for the wait? 🤪
Sponsored

WildernessMan

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, my day 2 reservation was pushed to MY22 according to an official email from Ford.

Then Ford emailed me a couple of months later to tell me I have a December 6 production date along with a VIN.

Today I got a call from my dealer that the 22 order banks are open and I can place my 2022 order.

What should I make of all of this? Are they giving me a BOGO (Buy One Get One) to make up for the wait? 🤪
It’s all craziness. I guess one thing hopefully about a MY22 is that issues they are having with the MY21’s will be fixed and updated on the MY22’s. Updated assembly line usually means better product.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would interpret this to mean:

Your dealer doesn't know how, or doesn't have to time to, check which of their orders are previewing/have a VIN... so they have no idea that you have a VIN assigned, and just reached out because they are reaching out to everyone.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would interpret this to mean:

Your dealer doesn't know how, or doesn't have to time to, check which of their orders are previewing/have a VIN... so they have no idea that you have a VIN assigned, and just reached out because they are reaching out to everyone.
That’s my guess too. They have been somewhat clueless since day one.
I’m sure I’m still looking at a 2021 in January 2022.

Better late then never!?!

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if we got a VIN and order number we are scheduled right? I also got the 2022 MY email then got a build date of 11/15 to my surprise. a few weeks after. I was going to switch to a 4 door when I reordered my MY22, oh well, I guess a 2 Door was meant to be. ;o) Really enjoyed my 2.3LMT 4 Door, but when I got the build date I flipped it and will put the proceeds to the 2 door ;o)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if we got a VIN and order number we are scheduled right? I also got the 2022 MY email then got a build date of 11/15 to my surprise. a few weeks after. I was going to switch to a 4 door when I reordered my MY22, oh well, I guess a 2 Door was meant to be. ;o) Really enjoyed my 2.3LMT 4 Door, but when I got the build date I flipped it and will put the proceeds to the 2 door ;o)
Yes, a VIN means you’re getting a car… allegedly. ;)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This exact scenario is what worried me. So once we were couple weeks away from being able to order a 2022, I asked my dealer to 99 my order. Honestly I don't know if they actually ever did so maybe I was just lucky.

Then of course when I put in my 2022 order I asked they switch it back.

Hell today, I'm almost thinking of 99ing it yet simply to give Ford more time to sort out the 2.7 engines, the electronic gremlins, and the MIC.
Sponsored