Sponsored

Order question?? Dealer says i have to wait till Ford tells them to "pick up the build"?

Tommy 2dawg

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think some dealerships are not receiving the same level of support from Ford that others are. Maybe it's based on dealer size or region (Ford rep knowledge). I have day 1 reservation, and I placed my order this week. When I check my status, it shows an order for my original Base reservation and not my Big Bend order.

When I emailed the dealership, I got this response:
"I just talked to my Ford manager and he said every order has been like that so far with the way Ford is having us place the orders. He has to push the reservation first then he will get the actual order sent off. So once he gets confirmation for the reservation push then he will start building it the way you want and you will get another update with the correct build."

I don't think there's anything nefarious going on. It sounds like there is some commonality with the process at different dealerships. However, if things haven't updated by early March, I will certainly pursue things more aggressively.
Sponsored

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not a Dora. But yes you should at least have this preview of your order entry. A Dora is a document with mostly numbers and codes. You receive that when ford has accepted (acknowledged) the order.
My misunderstanding, Thank you. Shouldn't the OP received one of these acknowledgments
from Ford to confirm the receipt of his order from the dealer. So for me, I received the
original one which had missing components to my build. I contacted the
dealer and after two more attempts the order as presented is correct. The fact that
the OP has not received this aknoweldment makes me worry about his order.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My misunderstanding, Thank you. Shouldn't the OP received one of these acknowledgments
from Ford to confirm the receipt of his order from the dealer. So for me, I received the
original one which had missing components to my build. I contacted the
dealer and after two more attempts the order as presented is correct. The fact that
the OP has not received this aknoweldment makes me worry about his order.
Yes. Not all dealers are equal. The dealer possibly inputed it so he (OP) would feel like he couldn’t make changes. He can. I can’t say for certain the dealer did this. When doing a custom order with ford, it is customary to get a copy of the wbdo (web based dealer order) preview of order the dealer inputed. That at least insures what they inputed. It is nice to get a DORA to confirm that Ford accepted it. You can use the codes on the preview to confirm what Ford accepted is the same on the DORA.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some dealerships are not receiving the same level of support from Ford that others are. Maybe it's based on dealer size or region (Ford rep knowledge). I have day 1 reservation, and I placed my order this week. When I check my status, it shows an order for my original Base reservation and not my Big Bend order.

When I emailed the dealership, I got this response:
"I just talked to my Ford manager and he said every order has been like that so far with the way Ford is having us place the orders. He has to push the reservation first then he will get the actual order sent off. So once he gets confirmation for the reservation push then he will start building it the way you want and you will get another update with the correct build."

I don't think there's anything nefarious going on. It sounds like there is some commonality with the process at different dealerships. However, if things haven't updated by early March, I will certainly pursue things more aggressively.
Did you get an email confirmation from Ford stating your correct build (Big Bend)?

I had two reservations, a day one Black Diamond and a day 14 or so Badlands. I ordered a Badlands with my day one reservation. Everything is correct on the preview order sheet my dealer sent me, and on the email Ford sent me.

However, when I go to ford.com to check my reservation/order status, it does state a "Bronco Badlands" was ordered, but the PICTURE of the Bronco on the right still shows a Black Diamond on that order (what it was reserved as originally), and the 14 day reservation (not converted to order) shows a Badlands Bronco, which is what that reservation was originally.

Anyway, maybe this is what you are seeing? I am not worried about getting a Black Diamond, I just noticed this small discrepancy.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know people don’t want to think the dealer is doing anything nefarious...but they converted a FE without consent, and are telling the customer that they aren’t/can’t convert his yet and that they will choose who gets their allocated units. I bet they are seeing a path to an FE that they can sit in tier showroom with a big fat ADM sitting on it. As long as the 7 orders they decide to convert for people they pick actually pick up the vehicles, then they are under the 20% threshold and can sell that FE. So it’s either that or extreme ignorance of every step of the process...either way get that reservation moved, even as difficult as it is at this point to do so.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello All,

I've been patiently waiting for my local Ford dealership to take my Bronco Order. I placed the reservation for a 1st edition back on 07/14/20. When i asked the dealership recently about when they are going to place my order I was told by the salesman: "When they pick up the build they will notify us both. Then we can sit down and go over it all. According to Ford." What does this mean ? can anyone throw some clarifying light on this? I also briefly spoke to the general manager a week prior to this and he informed me that the dealership i had ordered from only had 7 allocations and that the dealership got to pick who those allocations would be going to.. This seems contrary to what Ford has posted. We are 3/4 the way through February and the last email from Ford I received was on Janurary 15th that my dealer would be taking my order soon. That was over a month ago! Any help would be appreciated.
The others posting here are correct, the dealer has converted your reservation.

Here is what Ford has to say about this:
We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you're in Susanville, I used to do transports up there. You don't have a lot of choices in Dealers up there, maybe have to go down to Reno. Your Dealer is either totally clueless or trying to be sneaky, either way you need to think about switching. My Dealer tried the same thing (holding up my conversion until mid March) so I switched to a much better one.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know people don’t want to think the dealer is doing anything nefarious...but they converted a FE without consent, and are telling the customer that they aren’t/can’t convert his yet and that they will choose who gets their allocated units. I bet they are seeing a path to an FE that they can sit in tier showroom with a big fat ADM sitting on it. As long as the 7 orders they decide to convert for people they pick actually pick up the vehicles, then they are under the 20% threshold and can sell that FE. So it’s either that or extreme ignorance of every step of the process...either way get that reservation moved, even as difficult as it is at this point to do so.
It isn't difficult, at this point, to move the reservation. Why would you suggest it is?

OP
OP
Roadkill

Roadkill

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you all, I plan to head into the dealership monday and get this resolved one way or another. I'll keep you all in the loop about what transpires.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't difficult, at this point, to move the reservation. Why would you suggest it is?
His dealer already converted the reservation to an order....so now it’s much more difficult for him to move it...why would you suggest it isn’t?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His dealer already converted the reservation to an order....so now it’s much more difficult for him to move it...why would you suggest it isn’t?
Ford has a process to deal with this. It's not like he's the first person to have this happen. If he was, it would probably be a pain in the ass. As it is, he need only call Ford customer service, and they will do the rest. If there is difficulty, it's Ford who has the burden. OP only has to dial a phone and wait.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every thread I read like this just makes me so happy that I have gone with Granger for the order...

To the OP, good luck with your process, I wish you the best. For what it is worth, I had a 7/14 order with Carson City Capital Ford and while I have decided to go with my Oct reservation with Granger, Capital has been great with communication and are selling at MSRP... not that far away from Susanville.

they have 500 reservations, I was 134...

Good luck!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has a process to deal with this. It's not like he's the first person to have this happen. If he was, it would probably be a pain in the ass. As it is, he need only call Ford customer service, and they will do the rest. If there is difficulty, it's Ford who has the burden. OP only has to dial a phone and wait.
Trust me, it is STILL a pain in the ass...and there are multiple stories (even directly from Ford) on how to resolve this. Ford CRC still says they are working on this "but it will take a couple weeks". Old dealer says it cannot be done by them reverting the status, and my new dealer has successfully managed to resolve these by having you create a new reservation and having Ford transfer your original time stamp... YMMV.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s cute you think it’s that easy...must not have read the threads on people trying to do it. You should go on those threads and tell them just to make the one simple call and then wait. Apparently it’s not their burden anymore, I’m sure that’ll be a major relief. I’m sure they’ll love you for it.
Sponsored