Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Touareg, 2021 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey,

Bit of a long story, I had reserved a Bronco with a local dealer back in July, 2020. They haven't reached out to me and inquiries were basically ignored. In the mean time, a sales person at a different dealer in town reached out and asked if I had ordered my Bronco (they knew I had reserved one when I shopped for an F-150 in the fall).

When they reached out the sales person indicated they could do the switch of reservation and put the order in. However I did some reading and realized that may not have been the case and they likely created a new reservation in my name and ordered at the same time.

My question is, can I switch my reservation at this point or am I better of cancelling my order and going with my original dealer.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have 2 days to switch in order to possibly qualify for a first quarter 21 machine.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless they changed it, Ford has not allowed Canadians to move their reservations between dealers.
They got their orders frozen. Really sucks to get licked like that.

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a similar situation, I couldn’t get anything from the dealer I made my reservation with. So I put in an order with another dealer. They assured me I wouldn’t lose my spot in line but I’m not so sure...

The original dealer has since submitted an order using my reservation without ever speaking to me. I can only see the reservation has been converted to an order online and I have no idea what they ordered since they won’t return my calls. They essentially stole my reservation, I’m assuming so they can markup and sell

Going to call Ford customer service tomorrow, I want to stay with my new dealer and keep my time stamp. It’s not my fault the dealers around here are skeezy.

OP: if you learn anything or make progress let me know, I believe our situations are identical.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canada is special as I understand you are not allowed to transfer your reservations.

I will say that some universal truths are:

Reservation time stamp means everything. That’s how they will determine build order (oversimplification). If you cancel a previous reservation and make a new one, you’re effectively abandoning that original timestamp.

That said, and particularly in the case of a dealership stealing *your* reservation in *your* name, Ford corporate May be able or willing to assign your original time stamp to a new reservation with another dealer.

It’s absolutely worth calling and seeing what your options are.

If any of you are able to actually make contact with the dealer who made an order without your consultation, that order can be modified to whatever you want... it doesn’t solve the issue of a slimy dealer, but it leaves open the possibility that things can be salvaged.

Redwolffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer 2019 sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Deposit required: I'm just wondering how much deposit dealers are asking? I've paid $1,000 and not expecting delivery until early or mid 22.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Deposit required: I'm just wondering how much deposit dealers are asking? I've paid $1,000 and not expecting delivery until early or mid 22.
My dealer required $500. Which is still more than I wanted to pay to order a vehicle I've never seen (in person), touched, sat in, or driven.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer required $500. Which is still more than I wanted to pay to order a vehicle I've never seen (in person), touched, sat in, or driven.
$500 for me as well.

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah so just got off the phone with Ford Canada, they don't want to take any responsibility.

So my original reservation dealer has ordered one under my name even though i could not get in touch with them.

The dealer I changed to has ordered one for me but Ford of Canada can only see the original dealers reservation under my name. So i assume it's under someone else's name who held a reservation but decided to not convert reservation to order.

Both dealers are playing dumb, Ford of Canada is passing the buck saying that its a dealer issue. The dealer I ordered from is saying timestamp plays no factor, and there's no reason why Ford cant see the order. The reservation dealer is claiming I just have to accept that there is an order under my name and i will continue to receive email updates. He actually suggested i just unsubscribe email so i don't get the notifications. Both dealers responded to my issues with if you don't want it let us know and we'll just sell it to somebody else.

I don't care what is happening behind the scenes I just want to know i am getting my Bronco as soon as everyone else with a similar build does... I have now accepted that I will get the Bronco if/when I get it, and if it goes longer than I can wait I will walk away and buy something else...

Ford needs to get control of these skummy franchisees in their dealer network.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer did not require a penny more than the $100 refundable.

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah i can see stuff. But i only see the order from the original dealer who i could never get ahold of and went ahead and put in an order using my name. Not the order i actually ordered from the second dealer.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's up to the dealer, it will be their problem if said "buyer" backs out, makes all the sense in the world to take a deposit, it's a no brainer really.
My dealer told me if I bailed out between order and delivery that Ford wouldn't allow them to sell my Bronco to someone else. Even if it had arrived on their lot and I looked at it and said "Naw." So what's Ford going to do with the thing, throw it in the dumpster??? :unsure:

Normally I would think having a buyer back out on a vehicle that has a long waiting list is not a problem for the dealer at all.

I can see why Ford would have wanted to prevent dealers from juicing their allocations via reservations from "ringers" who would then back out at delivery time, giving the dealer inventory to sell at markup, but what about those legitimate pre-orderers who do have to back out for some reason or another?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Additional $400 at order time for me as well. Refundable under Maryland law...

Guys in Canada are getting screwed overall. Wonder if they'd be better off getting it from NY or Pa?
Sponsored