Sponsored

Order quick on July 13th or wait to learn all details?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trying to figure out if I should make my reservation asap to ensure early production slot or should I wait and stay up half the night on the 13th and make all my order decisions to ensure I have exactly what I want.

With the true order apparently not being able to be entered by my selected dealership until December I'm thinking I should place my order as soon as the order bank is activated.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd just put the $100 deposit down. I don't think anything will be locked in as far as trim level, packages etc. You'll still have plenty of time to figure out exactly what spec you want down the road before ordering, signing paperwork, selling organs, etc.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just put the $100 deposit down. I don't think anything will be locked in as far as trim level, packages etc. You'll still have plenty of time to figure out exactly what spec you want down the road before ordering, signing paperwork, selling organs, etc.

LOL, "selling organs."

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I've read so far you can make changes up until a VIN is created which will be at/near the end of the calendar year.

My plan is to blitz through the system right when it opens and make a pretty good approximation of what I want in as little time as possible to secure the earliest VIN / get the vehicle soonest and make changes after.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trying to figure out if I should make my reservation asap to ensure early production slot or should I wait and stay up half the night on the 13th and make all my order decisions to ensure I have exactly what I want.

With the true order apparently not being able to be entered by my selected dealership until December I'm thinking I should place my order as soon as the order bank is activated.
The only thing you'll be doing on the 13th is reserving a place in line to order one. Options, packages, etc. are not locked in until you order at a later date (closer to the end of the year if not early next year). That $100 reservation is also refundable, so if more info comes out that you don't like and you decide you don't want one or something, you can get your $100 back.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing you'll be doing on the 13th is reserving a place in line to order one.
rmc....do you expect it to be just ID & Card #???? Or do expect to define #doors, color, engine, grill???

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

rmc....do you expect it to be just ID & Card #???? Or do expect to define #doors, color, engine, grill???
Go click through the reservation pages for the Mach E. It'll probably be like that. Major driveline choices, trim level, color. Maybe a few more small things for fun, but not much else.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually plan on doing this first before watching the reveal. If Ford hasn’t beefed up their servers the site very well may crash lol. Just need to get the spot secured first then I can go back later and worry about options and colors and such

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With Mach E, you pick color, trim, driveline (for it, that included battery size/range and RWD/AWD, so for Bronco that'd be powertrain and RWD/AWD), and yeah maybe grille (unless they're tied to trims). I think Ford is using that info to gear its production toward what people are reserving. More specific option package choices and whatnot would be chosen when you actually place your order with your dealer.
Sponsored