First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have come to understand way more about Ford's MAP production process than I should need, but one thing that isn't clear is the dependencies between the steps.
We have
Reservations, orders, VINs, Scheduled, In Production, Window Sticker, Modules Live, Being delivered.

And there may be others, but while there seems to be some order to them, I don't understand if there are some constraints that say B can't happen until A happens, or when B happens, CDEFG might happen, or might not, but if C happens, then for sure DEFG will happen.

That kinda thing. I.e. if you get a vin, but nothing else, does that automatically mean you are getting a 2022? If you get a Window Sticker, will it be delivered in the next 3 months?

Of course, I would look at this as assuming once Ford starts building something, they will finish it. Pretending they won't need to move it to some sort of mountain for 6 months. But what is the process, if they happen to have everything they need to build things?
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have come to understand way more about Ford's MAP production process than I should need, but one thing that isn't clear is the dependencies between the steps.
We have
Reservations, orders, VINs, Scheduled, In Production, Window Sticker, Modules Live, Being delivered.

And there may be others, but while there seems to be some order to them, I don't understand if there are some constraints that say B can't happen until A happens, or when B happens, CDEFG might happen, or might not, but if C happens, then for sure DEFG will happen.

That kinda thing. I.e. if you get a vin, but nothing else, does that automatically mean you are getting a 2022? If you get a Window Sticker, will it be delivered in the next 3 months?

Of course, I would look at this as assuming once Ford starts building something, they will finish it. Pretending they won't need to move it to some sort of mountain for 6 months. But what is the process, if they happen to have everything they need to build things?
To be a bit trite, you have it exactly right, except when its not! And often, the computer notifications lag. And things can change unexpectedly. So that Ford can be caught off guard. And different ones of us have had different experiences when receiving our vehicles, at different times in the process, so that our MIC delays are similar to Chip delays, but also different! From my experience, you'll lose your sanity watching too closely, sometimes its better to take a few days off from the forums.

I got my VIN in April, 2021, my build date a few weeks later. There were 4 changes until Blend, and it remained "in production" from July 22 until October 4. Within 3 days, it was built and shipped, and arrived at dealer October 20th in Charleston, SC. I picked up the next day. When we got our Ford MIC letters in July, I managed my expectations by deciding id get the car by Thanksgiving, or Christmas. So when it arrived October 20, it had gotten there early!

Now, someone with attention to detail can tell you the "exact" process!