First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was informed today that Ford has cleverly disguised transfer requests as courtesy deliveries. This means our orders are still affected by the ordering dealerships allocation. I have had my transfer request in since Oct. 15th with zero communication from Ford. I have called several times with no new information. This is just another lie from Ford about the ability to transfer orders.

Such a classless move by Ford, but that has been the narrative with this vehicle rollout.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that there was a period of time after they made 2021 order void and before the 2022 orders were finalized where you could actually legitimately change dealers.

But for those who have already finalized their 2022 order... I wonder if those are the "courtesy deliveries". Or maybe the customer service representative was just mistaken? Seems fishy, because usually in order to do a courtesy delivery the receiving dealership has to agree to that since they are effectively doing work on behalf of another dealership.

I'm skeptical, honestly. Not sure if you got valid information.
Did you have yours transferred? To my knowledge nobody was successful during that time, myself included.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I would still take a courtesy delivery locally to get my Granger order delivered this more convenient way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s weird, I transferred an unconverted Lightning reservation in about 15 minutes. My unconverted Bronco reservation is a much different story. It has not been moved, because of the weirdness.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did not, but my cousin did. (Hi Luke, if you read this.)

He lives in Alaska, was buying his Bronco from a dealership in Washington (where my brother lives), and the two of them were going to go on an epic summer road-trip last year from Washington up through Canada to Alaska.

Due to all of the production delays and Covid border restrictions, he ended up changing from the Washington dealership to a dealership in Alaska. Did so in mid-October when the 2022 orders first opened up. Worked with his old dealer to cancel his order and get it transferred to his new dealer.

---

A courtesy delivery usually means you are buying the vehicle from your old dealer, but you are taking delivery from your new dealer. Both dealers have to agree to do a courtesy delivery... and, frankly, it helps no one who is trying to escape pricing issues.

But maybe that's why so many people are apparently unable to transfer dealers? Maybe it actually is a courtesy delivery and behind the scenes Ford is working with the two dealers to come to an agreement. I could see that happening for 2022 orders that were already submitted, but like I said earlier... should have been able to transfer dealers before your 2022 order was finalized.
but like I said earlier... should have been able to transfer dealers before your 2022 order was finalized.

Don't should on me......:)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If buying a Bronco hasn't made you a one and done, I don't know what would.
Love my Bronco, but it's my last Ford and I get a chance to tell people what I think of Ford almost every day I'm out in it.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Due to all of the production delays and Covid border restrictions, he ended up changing from the Washington dealership to a dealership in Alaska. Did so in mid-October when the 2022 orders first opened up. Worked with his old dealer to cancel his order and get it transferred to his new dealer.
This is one of the only times I have unambiguously heard of someone successfully moving an order through Ford's process. There is a 23-page thread of fail, including many who attempted to move orders in the MY22 rollover window when reservation orders were 99ed.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not, but my cousin did. (Hi Luke, if you read this.)

He lives in Alaska, was buying his Bronco from a dealership in Washington (where my brother lives), and the two of them were going to go on an epic summer road-trip last year from Washington up through Canada to Alaska.

---

A courtesy delivery usually means you are buying the vehicle from your old dealer, but you are taking delivery from your new dealer. Both dealers have to agree to do a courtesy delivery... and, frankly, it helps no one who is trying to escape pricing issues.

But maybe that's why so many people are apparently unable to transfer dealers? Maybe it actually is a courtesy delivery and behind the scenes Ford is working with the two dealers to come to an agreement. I could see that happening for 2022 orders that were already submitted, but like I said earlier... should have been able to transfer dealers before your 2022 order was finalized.

So it sounds like if the reason a customer wants to transfer is because of dealer dissatisfaction or pricing, Ford won't grant it, but if it's logistics, they did lol. Typical.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it sounds like if the reason a customer wants to transfer is because of dealer dissatisfaction or pricing, Ford won't grant it, but if it's logistics, they did lol. Typical.
@Someshoes was trying to transfer because of moving halfway across the country, and Ford denied the transfer.

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If buying a Bronco hasn't made you a one and done, I don't know what would.
Love my Bronco, but it's my last Ford and I get a chance to tell people what I think of Ford almost every day I'm out in it.
My sentiments exactly - except for the fact that I'm still waiting on my Bronco since Ford changed their allocation formula.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If true, it helps nothing then. Still locked into allocation and pricing of original dealer, the fees for a 'courtesy' delivery can get over $500, and does anyone honestly want a local dealer who you didn't choose to PDI it (it ain't gonna be the first in line that is for sure and they will be pissed to have to do it for the fee they get) Maybe it gets sent out for a lot of test drives, half-assed plate drilling or just signing off on the work and not really caring?

Hard pass.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was informed today that Ford has cleverly disguised transfer requests as courtesy deliveries. This means our orders are still affected by the ordering dealerships allocation. I have had my transfer request in since Oct. 15th with zero communication from Ford. I have called several times with no new information. This is just another lie from Ford about the ability to transfer orders.

Such a classless move by Ford, but that has been the narrative with this vehicle rollout.
From dealing with Granger, my feeling is that all the orders from all the dealers merge into one big line based on order dates and dealer allocations. You can't jump the line by swapping dealers as your place is set. So awesome being 719th in line at Granger. Maybe that's for my 2024.
Sponsored