Sponsored

"Orderable confirguration" - How does that work with the dealer's software, and when do we get payload #s?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. I am not sure if this is totally true, but it was said in the Q&A that if something is locked out on BnP (due to weight), then it reflects what is and isnt an orderable configuration. So when you go to place your order, is the dealer's ordering software dynamic enough that it ACTUALLY lock things out due to weight, or are they just going to follow with what is reflected in B&P as a 'payload/GVWR tool'? ...The reason I am asking is, given BnP isnt the best put together, what is our safety net for an orderable configuration? If the dealer's ordering tool isnt very dynamic, and you trip some type of weight threshold that the system doesnt reject, will that cause delays? Will Ford come back to the dealer months later when they are gearing up for the build and say, this doesnt work, please revisit with the customer, etc.

2. When will we know our rough payload figure for our specific build? If the dealer's software calculates payload numbers on your build, this would be huge, since we could modify our order on the fly with that knowledge. Or will you be waiting like a dumbass until your car gets shipped to see what the payload sticker says? Or will you find out your payload a couple months in, and you're still in a window where you could modify your build?

So in summary, when is our payload calculated for our exact build, and when will we know that number? Do we have any control over this situation? I have a feeling the worst case is true - which is the dealer puts our order using BnP as a 'payload' tool for what BnP thinks is an orderable configuration, the car is assembled, then weighed, and the payload sticker is produced. By that time, it is too late, we either take it or leave it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. I am not sure if this is totally true, but it was said in the Q&A that if something is locked out on BnP (due to weight), then it reflects what is and isnt an orderable configuration. So when you go to place your order, is the dealer's ordering software dynamic enough that it ACTUALLY lock things out due to weight, or are they just going to follow with what is reflected in B&P as a 'payload/GVWR tool'? ...The reason I am asking is, given BnP isnt the best put together, what is our safety net for an orderable configuration? If the dealer's ordering tool isnt very dynamic, and you trip some type of weight threshold that the system doesnt reject, will that cause delays? Will Ford come back to the dealer months later when they are gearing up for the build and say, this doesnt work, please revisit with the customer, etc.

2. When will we know our rough payload figure for our specific build? If the dealer's software calculates payload numbers on your build, this would be huge, since we could modify our order on the fly with that knowledge. Or will you be waiting like a dumbass until your car gets shipped to see what the payload sticker says? Or will you find out your payload a couple months in, and you're still in a window where you could modify your build?

So in summary, when is our payload calculated for our exact build, and when will we know that number? Do we have any control over this situation? I have a feeling the worst case is true - which is the dealer puts our order using BnP as a 'payload' tool for what BnP thinks is an orderable configuration, the car is assembled, then weighed, and the payload sticker is produced. By that time, it is too late, we either take it or leave it.
My uneducated guess is that your last thought is correct.

LATE REALIZATION - Best available payload would be 2Dr base Base.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guessing as well but...

1) the dealer ordering system is the bible and should not have any reliability on the unreliable B&P.

2) others have said, GVWR "comes with the VIN".

If this is true, and based on what Ford as said, we will have a chance to adjust our orders ONCE SCHEDULING is done (to account for Late availability choices), but once Builds actually start (aka VIN), I think you are SOL.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't know your payload until, roughly, delivery. You can take the option weights, when you know it, and do the math. Otherwise, you won't know until you weigh the vehicle.

The sticker will give you GVWR, but you wont know what it weighs until you get it and weigh it.

ETA: look at some VIN stickers. Do they give you the vehicle weight, or the vehicle weight rating.
Sponsored