Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here we have yet another one if these threads. I've got a VIN and no longer have a build date on my Bronco. I went through Ed Kenley Ford in Layton, Utah.

I'll update the thread with build dates and delivery when it arrives in the future.

New Build is a whopping $645 more than my Black Diamond 4 Door 2.7 EB with SAS, mid package, Hardtop.

I'm sick of waiting for a vehicle that is having more issues than I imagined a new vehicle would have. Yes I know first year vehicles have issues but I took a chance.

The Xtreme Recon Package was too hard to pass on for only $4k.

17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Beadlock-Capable Wheels
35-Inch Tire BFG KO2s
1.5 Lift Suspension
4.56 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Performance Brakes
3rd Generation Heavy-Duty Dana® 44 Front Axle
GVW Rating - 6,100 Pounds
Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Jack Spacer
Tire Relocation Kit
Wheel-Flare Extensions

iris.jpeg
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may be ordering a Rubicon soon myself, and I know there's a lot of excitement over the extreme package, but it really doesn't seem worth it.

If this was a package added to a non-Rubicon trim I could see that kind of price tag because they have to add different axles and front lockers, etc.

But adding 35s to a Rubicon is like adding the 35s to a Badlands.

Do you really think it's a good deal?

Now I will admit, I don't know what the third generation front axle is.

In addition the Rubi cones with 4.1 ratio and this changes that the 4.5... maybe someone who knows more than me can chime in but it doesn't seem like .4 ratio is that crucial.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I may be ordering a Rubicon soon myself, and I know there's a lot of excitement over the extreme package, but it really doesn't seem worth it.

If this was a package added to a non-Rubicon trim I could see that kind of price tag because they have to add different axles and front lockers, etc.

In addition the Rubi cones with 4.1 ratio and this changes that the 4.5... maybe someone who knows more than me can chime in but it doesn't seem like .4 ratio is that crucial.
Even the 4 to 1 ratio on the Rubicon is questionable unless you rock crawl quite a bit. For general trail running and exploring it can be pretty low, and the 4.5 will just make it worse. This is especially true for the few who will order a Rubicon with a manual trans. Normally, there is an overlap in ratios between lowest gear in 4H and highest gear in 4L, but with a stick and 4 to 1 this isn't true, there is a gap rather then overlap. So, when exploring, like on steep grades where you need low range, you're stuck going slower then you want in 4L.

Just experienced this a couple weeks ago on a trip with a friend who was very happy to get a Rubicon with a stick. Then on this trip (his first with the Jeep) he was frustrated and wished he hadn't bought the manual. Worked fine on the Rubicon, which he had just done, but was a PIA exploring the routes around Bishop that we were doing. So, yes. the 4.5 is overkill and could be frustrating.

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's a great deal. I'm basically paying $500 for a reinforced tailgate, upgraded suspension, axles and gearing which jeeps always need no matter the trim. 4.56 should he just fine for 35s. The majority of guys on 37s or 38s are running 4.88s. I would have bought wheels and tire day one which would cost me 3500+ Beadlocks and 35s alone would easily surpass $4000 if I bought it all myself.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here we have yet another one if these threads. I've got a VIN and no longer have a build date on my Bronco. I went through Ed Kenley Ford in Layton, Utah.

I'll update the thread with build dates and delivery when it arrives in the future.

New Build is a whopping $645 more than my Black Diamond 4 Door 2.7 EB with SAS, mid package, Hardtop.

I'm sick of waiting for a vehicle that is having more issues than I imagined a new vehicle would have. Yes I know first year vehicles have issues but I took a chance.

The Xtreme Recon Package was too hard to pass on for only $4k.

17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Beadlock-Capable Wheels
35-Inch Tire BFG KO2s
1.5 Lift Suspension
4.56 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Performance Brakes
3rd Generation Heavy-Duty Dana® 44 Front Axle
GVW Rating - 6,100 Pounds
Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Jack Spacer
Tire Relocation Kit
Wheel-Flare Extensions

Ford Bronco Ordered a Rubicon Xtreme Recon. iris
Sweet - which motor?

That Mopar lift is a nice one, and the end result of this package is pretty much where I built my JKUR to over time (less the gearing).

Sponsored
OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet - which motor?

That Mopar lift is a nice one, and the end result of this package is pretty much where I built my JKUR to over time (less the gearing).
The 3.6 eTourqe. Couldn't order it with the diesel or get a manual unfortunately.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm honestly close to doing this myself.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it's a great deal. I'm basically paying $500 for a reinforced tailgate, upgraded suspension, axles and gearing which jeeps always need no matter the trim. 4.56 should he just fine for 35s. The majority of guys on 37s or 38s are running 4.88s. I would have bought wheels and tire day one which would cost me 3500+ Beadlocks and 35s alone would easily surpass $4000 if I bought it all myself.
Wait what did I miss, how you getting a $5,000 package for 500 bucks?

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait what did I miss, how you getting a $5,000 package for 500 bucks?
I'm not. I was pointing out all the upgrades I would get after spending $3500 on wheels and tires day one if it was a regular Rubicon.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not. I was pointing out all the upgrades I would get after spending $3500 on wheels and tires day one if it was a regular Rubicon.
Oh gotcha...yeah, factory to aftermarket prices...factory will always win.

I think if I do end up with a rubicon, i will just do a minor lift to fit the 35s (which a may never actually do)... I know the tail reinforcement can be had cheaper aftermarket.

I think I'd keep the gearing at the 4.1 for better fuel highway (hopefully).

I wish it was cheaper, but the Wrangler is already more expensive than the Bronco, and you get less, and to add another 5 onto it.... Just too much for me.

Probably one of the biggest reasons I'm pissed at Ford is because I may have just been more money to get less features with the Jeep.
Sponsored