Sponsored

Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22.

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone,

New to the 6G forum. Not new to forums or Ford vehicles.

Glad to be a part of the discussion on the future of this awesome vehicle. Just some general thoughts on why I went with the WT and things that I would love to see for MY22. (especially if I end up having to wait for a 22MY)

First, this will be the woman's daily driver. The daily commute into town is through mountain roads that are tight and steep, mostly pavement. Our driveway is pretty steep gravel, if I'm not home to plow right away after heavy snow I want her to be able to get up the driveway without issues. The majority of off-road use will be on Colorado Forest Service roads to and from trailheads. Will probably do some trips down to Utah and Nevada to get some higher speed Baja-style driving when time allows. Don't really plan on taking an almost 60k vehicle on serious rock crawling adventures. (Bless everyone on this forum who will really push the capabilities of this vehicle on their own dollar, Looking forward to seeing all of that action on here.)

Main reasons for WT over others,
I like the idea of having the widest wheelbase possible considering how much this vehicle will be on the pavement in the mountains. Sport mode is something I really enjoyed using on the gen 2 Raptor when driving on mountain roads. WT has this as an option and also includes BAJA mode which I see myself using much more often than Rock Crawl. From what I understand, WT is the only trim with both sport and Baja on the G.O.A.T modes. I'm hoping the sasquatch package will provide raptor-like performance. This trim level was much easier to convince the "final decision maker" that we need all this off-road equipment.

CONTINUED below with wishlist of improvements for MY22
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The first major gripe is that it doesn't seem like any of the Broncos will offer panel shifters. Going from a gen 1 to gen 2 raptor is what made me really gain an appreciation for these. Especially in Baja mode during any high-speed driving. The last thing I want is the car changing gears through a turn when you're at the limits of the vehicle. Having a manual mode is big for me because I use it almost every single time I drive for engine braking and keeping the weight of the vehicle where I want it. The difference of selecting gears on the PRNDL vs panels is maybe a 1/4 second but really increases the pleasure of driving fast in my opinion.

The second thing I would like to see is more interior color options for the highest trim level available on the bronco right now. The sandstone is growing on me but it would be nice to be able to select from a few different colors and at least have a marine vinyl option.

The third is the carpeted floors should at least have the option to be removed in my opinion. The idea of having a drain plug sounds extremely convenient and I'm bummed this isn't available for the WT.

The last thing is if was buying this for myself I would really want a manual transmission option with the 2.7, I hope Ford will offer this in the near future.

Hope this offers insight for people still on the fence, Cheers!

Richie

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They do have paddle shifters, see 1st pic below on left of the gear shifter.

ā€˜Also, the drain plugs ARE under the carpet see, 2nd pic, so if you really need them, the carpet is easy to pull up and access them. You may even choose to cut a hole in carpet if you want and add some type of plug directly through the carpet, which would be under your floor mat So not seen unless needed.

Ford Bronco Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22. A803DAF8-5A58-4407-9D3E-984CBD8E5C1F

Ford Bronco Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22. 56F49225-A834-48D9-ABAF-F6468C5900AD

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All Broncos have ā€œpassiveā€ drain plugs under the carpet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ā€˜Also, the drain plugs ARE under the carpet see, 2nd pic, so if you really need them, the carpet is easy to pull up and access them. You may even choose to cut a hole in carpet if you want and add some type of plug directly through the carpet, which would be under your floor mat So not seen unless needed.

Ford Bronco Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22. 56F49225-A834-48D9-ABAF-F6468C5900AD

That's awesome for the

That's great news on the drain plugs. Thanks for the info. Curious if there will be an easy swap from carpet to rubberized flooring in the aftermarket world.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not paddle shifters.

Both my and my wife's DDs have paddles and it's really nice to be able to nonchalantly click down a gear or two with the hand that's already on the wheel when I need the acceleration. And if I'm really doing the high-speed desert running that the Wildtrak claims to be designed for, I sure as heck don't want to try one-hand driving on the wheel just so I can keep my other hand on the shifter for the +/- buttons.

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2 or 3 yrs from now maybe you can talk her into a warthog. Your W.T should make a great trade in? Sale it on your own and get top dollar.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The second thing I would like to see is more interior color options for the highest trim level available on the bronco right now. The sandstone is growing on me but it would be nice to be able to select from a few different colors and at least have a marine vinyl option.
Well technically BL is the highest trim available I wouldn't call the WT the highest. WT is just an OBX with a blackout package, absolutely nothing special about it (except Baja but that can be added to any trim if Ford wanted). In fact dunno why it wasn't just a package for the OBX, Ford could have saved a whole trim. You can build a OBX to exactly what a WT is within a couple hundred dollars. With OBX having two cloths and two leathers and WT has a cloth and a leather it really does have the most choices out of any trim. Just need to decide if you want black out or body colored and you have six interior choices.

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Both my and my wife's DDs have paddles and it's really nice to be able to nonchalantly click down a gear or two with the hand that's already on the wheel when I need the acceleration. And if I'm really doing the high-speed desert running that the Wildtrak claims to be designed for, I sure as heck don't want to try one-hand driving on the wheel just so I can keep my other hand on the shifter for the +/- buttons.

Iā€™m completely with you on the nonchalant changing of gears when you have paddles directly behind the wheel. It's not a deal-breaker but absolutely increases the pleasure of driving fast. For what the WT is advertising, I think it makes sense to add that as an option at least.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well technically BL is the highest trim available I wouldn't call the WT the highest. WT is just an OBX with a blackout package, absolutely nothing special about it (except Baja but that can be added to any trim if Ford wanted). In fact dunno why it wasn't just a package for the OBX, Ford could have saved a whole trim. You can build a OBX to exactly what a WT is within a couple hundred dollars. With OBX having two cloths and two leathers and WT has a cloth and a leather it really does have the most choices out of any trim. Just need to decide if you want black out or body colored and you have six interior choices.
Agree with this. Went back and forth on OBX and WT settling on WT b/c I really didnā€™t care for the tube steps included on OBX. Also prefer WT grill and black out.

Plan is to add aftermarket drop step. Have them on my SD and are great. Also help conceal hideous pinch welds. At least thatā€™s my hope.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, while not technically paddle shifters, I am glad I can manually control the shifting in my Bronco. Itā€™s not a race car som Iā€™m ok with them on the gear shift but they would be better on the wheel for a performance car. Either way, they will come in handy in a number of situations.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not looking to argue - but this pretty much defines highest trim level - without any other options...you can add every option possible to a WT and it will cost more than a BL - just because you add options above the standard trim - doesn't mean that price dictates highest trim level. The equipment included at the base price of that trim is purpose built for that trim - if you are talking capability the 2 are geared towards very different off-roading fans.

Ford Bronco Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22. 1613174565648

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In 2 or 3 yrs from now maybe you can talk her into a warthog. Your W.T should make a great trade in? Sale it on your own and get top dollar.
W
Not looking to argue - but this pretty much defines highest trim level - without any other options...you can add every option possible to a WT and it will cost more than a BL - just because you add options above the standard trim - doesn't mean that price dictates highest trim level. The equipment included at the base price of that trim is purpose built for that trim - if you are talking capability the 2 are geared towards very different off-roading fans.

Ford Bronco Ordered a Wildtrack this week. Some things I hope Ford will consider for MY22. 1613174565648
That was pretty much the same way I came to the conclusion of the WT being the highest trim other than the FE. I guess this becomes pretty subjective when you start looking at it by optioned pricing.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I try not to look at any one is arguing, just sharing different points of view.

You can't add the disconnect to the WT but you can have everything the WT has on the BL. BL is the flagship model just like the Wrangler. When hardcore guys go to modify they will pick the BL. There is literally nothing special about the WT except painted pieces and decals. The suspension and drivetrain is the same that's available to all Broncos. The BL can baja and rock crawl (to the fullest potential with disconnect), the WT can baja the same as all the other trims with Sas. Put Sas on a BD and throw it in Sport mode and I bet it performs the same. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking the WT at all.....it's very cool, just wondering why Ford bothered to add it as a trim instead of an OBX package. A similar thing would be if Ford added Tremor as a trim instead of just an add on package like they did to the Ranger, F-150, and F-250.

Its all good.
Sponsored