First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This does not pertain to me however, I know that ordering both a hard top and soft top can be done. For those that have ordered both and taken delivery of both, how does your Bronco arrive: With the hard top on the vehicle and the soft top in a box or also installed under the hard top?
Asking as I was talking to a friend who is getting both and he said the dealer will install the soft top under the hard top.

Is this the way Ford recommends it be done?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m almost positive you canā€™t have the soft top installed under the hardtop.
That's what I thought but this is what his dealer is telling him.

I'd like to hear from those that received both tops at delivery and how things presented.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The soft top will ship separately and probably arrive in the parts department. It cannot be installed under the hard top

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was selling wranglers, soft top was always inside, in a box, ready for a pain in the ass unboxing and install.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no way for both to be on the vehicle at the same time as others have stated. The soft top would bock both the front and rear mounting points.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's what I thought but this is what his dealer is telling him.

I'd like to hear from those that received both tops at delivery and how things presented.
Any dealers that says that should be fired.....

Sponsored

brewpunk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2107 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the soft top panels that the windows clip into installed, or are they included in the box with the top?

Any suggestions on how to verify the soft top is in good condition if it is still in the box?

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer should install all necessary brackets for the soft top on the vehicle. There are plastic parts that replace the the panels on the C pillar that allow the soft top window to be installed. These can stay on under the hard top, there are also brackets that get bolted in behind the rear quarter panel trim that should be installed. And different inner panels that snap in for the soft top brackets. The soft top sets on these brackets with alignment pins and secured with 6 bolts. Other than itā€™s awkward to lift itā€™s pretty simple to install/remove. They also should install the strikes for the rear soft top latches near the tailgate. These can also stay on with the hard top. It should take less than 30 minutes to swap tops. I can have my soft top completely removed in 15 minutes if I have a hand to lift it off. This is my opinion. If itā€™s completely in the box I wouldnā€™t worry about it as long as all parts are there. It should take under 30 minutes to install the necessary parts.
Sponsored