Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking with it. (i think) 7/14 res.

I went all over the place. WT, BL, BB, BASE - I think my dealer hates me.

But in the end, I really wanted that 12" screen. And this is going to be a daily driver for me, the wife, the dog, and potentially our unborn child. I'm still on the fence about canceling and just waiting to see if Ford finally pulls their head out of their ass and actually makes better interior design choices, and provides better options and configurations. It was roast vs. navy, and I saw enough videos of the OBX interior (cloth) that made me think Navy wasn't THAT BAD. But I really wanted that dark gray interior cloth of the BB. But no high-package in the BB, so be it.

In the end, I would never use ANY of the gear, tires, lift, suspension, etc - in the Badlands, or a SAS Package. WT/BL just seemed like overkill. And I plan to have that roof off a ton, so be it MGV or Leather - in the hot Texas sun, that is gonna be a no-go for me. My plan is to just replace the wheels and tires, with some 33s, and hopefully not need a level kit, lift, etc.

If that is not the case, I'll pass this up, and wait till 2045. Or when one of you sells your used one. ;)

Happy Driving, folks. Feel free to rip me a new one if I made a mistake.

Ford Bronco Ordered OBX - Already have regrets...I think ordered.PNG
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I chose OBX right from the beginning and have no 2nd thoughts. The black one in the recent dealer event is what I ordered other than choosing the mod top. Seeing those pics really has me pumped now.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the "bones" you want. You can get seat covers if you really hate them, or have them re-upholstered. But there are just some things you have to get from the Mfr that cannot be reasonably changed later.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly just confirmed order today and using same thoughts really liked BB cloth interiors but wanted at least high package and ended on Lux so went VB w NP cloth no sq my old F150 w/33s did everything I ever needed hoping for the same

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the "bones" you want. You can get seat covers if you really hate them, or have them re-upholstered. But there are just some things you have to get from the Mfr that cannot be reasonably changed later.
Certainly saved me some $$. Had I gotten the BLs with 33 ATs, nice rims, and the high package,etc. I was looking at 56k+

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly saved me some $$. Had I gotten the BLs with 33 ATs, nice rims, and the high package,etc. I was looking at 56k+
Yep - it was a battle for me, as I was originally an OBX, but went the other way. It's about a $5k difference, but I would want to swap wheels and tires, and that was probably $2k right there, plus I like the MGV with my dogs, and was avoiding the leather, but do like the look of the Roast. After doing my deal with Chapman, my BL price is where my OBX would have been anywhere else nearby, and I get the extreme capability I will likely never fully need, but that I want. Gotta not have regrets.

Ramblinm4n

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Series III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the OBX too. Was in the same boat but I hate vinyl interior (Already have it on my Series III and that's enough) and didn't want leather on a truck that I plan to get a little dirty (plus dogs can ruin leather in minutes). Likely won't ever use the capability of the BL so I figured it was a better bet to take the money, get some 33's on day 1 and enjoy my cloth seats. :)

End of the day, buy what you want, can afford, and will enjoy. It's your truck so if you're happy, you've done well!

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No idea on how well it would work but I recently found people do make a wrap product for dashes. If it works at all, that could be a cheap fix that helps with some of the obx design choices

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea on how well it would work but I recently found people do make a wrap product for dashes. If it works at all, that could be a cheap fix that helps with some of the obx design choices
That would be great. If I could replace some of those blue accents on the dash and doors, That would be ideal. Ultimately it’s gonna take a little bit more elbow grease to get this look in the way I want, but I do save some money and I have a truck that I will use 100% of.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I go back and forth on keeping my order too. I ordered the 2 dr WT, which I’m fine with. I just struggle with living the no car payment life and debating if I want to get back into “loan life” even if it’s a short term loan....

time will tell I guess. I most likely will keep my order because I’m sure if I don’t and when I see the bronco on the road I will break my own leg trying to kick my own ass for not buying one...

bobfish21

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150; 2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Converted tonight, decision came down to the last minute. OBX cactus grey mid, 2.7 with advance track, roast interior. I wanted to like the navy pier, but it just never worked for me. I have my doughs about the roast, but if I cant live with them its seat covers. I was going to wait for the 2022 changes but I had such a low reservation number(7/13 reserve date) it seemed like a waste to let it go!

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think these guys are right- you went with what you wanted for 90% and the seats can be covered, etc. I personally like the Navy cloth (I'm going OBX Sas w/ Cyber Orange) because I think the color contrast looks cool. And same here, I really wanted that dang 12" screen. At the end of the day I'm sure you'll be happy- you can always tweak the little stuff. Cheers!