First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to see what the process of ordering out-of-state is and if it’s a better approach? My local dealerships are giving me false/inaccurate info even if they are doing MSRP. I live in California so I know the emission requirements are more stringent. However, not sure the logistics of vehicle delivery/taxes/etc. Hoping some of you can shed some light on the topic.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve ordered two vehicles out of state and picked up the first one in person and will do the same for the second. Easy peasy, state taxes are paid at the time I registered my vehicle in my state.

OP
OP

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thx for the input…I was curious if the customer is responsible for shipping costs or if Ford just ships to the dealership as part of their normal delivery process?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you want it shipped to you from the dealership you bought it from that’s on you. Ford will only deliver to the dealer buying it from Ford. Some dealers will help with shipping arrangements and some won’t.

OP
OP

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll need to reach out to them…with diesel fuel costs now, I have no idea what closed or open carrier shipping costs are now….I had done a closed carrier shipping of a classic vehicle back in 2020 which was ~2000 for coast to coast….that price has probably doubled now.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thx for the input…I was curious if the customer is responsible for shipping costs or if Ford just ships to the dealership as part of their normal delivery process?
There is a 1795 destination and delivery charge with every Bronco. But again, that is for shipping from Ford (MAP) to the dealer purchasing the vehicle from Ford.

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have purchased two vehicles out of state and had them shipped. I am in Texas and one came from California and one from Colorado. I had to pay shipping from those dealerships to Texas. Ballpark cost is about $1 per mile for an open trailer

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What false information are they giving you?

Just did a quick look up and Broncos are 50 State certified for emissions so you can buy anywhere in the US and register in California. If they're giving you MSRP I don't see the issue, that's about the best you're going to get right now. As for shipping, that's out of your pocket if you don't buy local, destination charge is only to the dealer you purchase from.

Never had an issue buying out of State, you'll be responsible for the taxes only in your State so budget for that and some will finance that and give you check for difference.

OP
OP

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just did a quick look up and Broncos are 50 State certified for emissions so you can buy anywhere in the US and register in California. If they're giving you MSRP I don't see the issue, that's about the best you're going to get right now. As for shipping, that's out of your pocket if you don't buy local, destination charge is only to the dealer you purchase from.

Never had an issue buying out of State, you'll be responsible for the taxes only in your State so budget for that and some will finance that and give you check for difference.
So I just spoke to an inventory Mgr who gave me all the answers…the sales rep was the one giving me confusing info stating that he couldn’t submit orders for certain packages and only do 4-door models of specific trims. Turns out that he couldn’t fulfill 2023 orders unless certain cuts were made. This somehow ties to their number of allocations.

So realistically, I’m looking at maintaining some level of priority for a 2024 build. There’s a slim to none chance I was told I could possibly get my order in 2023 and I’m ok with that. I know it’s better toplay the waiting game to ensure you get what you want which I believe most folks here had to endure.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ll need to reach out to them…with diesel fuel costs now, I have no idea what closed or open carrier shipping costs are now….I had done a closed carrier shipping of a classic vehicle back in 2020 which was ~2000 for coast to coast….that price has probably doubled now.
It cost the guy buying my Gen 1 Lightning 1.5k Midwest to CA open carrier.
Ford Bronco Ordering a Bronco out-of-state E1E7944F-9237-400A-8C98-34DEBD74EE4D

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nova430

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Though it’s reassuring that the vehicle is 50 state compliant regarding emissions…thanks for sharing that important piece of info

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I just spoke to an inventory Mgr who gave me all the answers…the sales rep was the one giving me confusing info stating that he couldn’t submit orders for certain packages and only do 4-door models of specific trims. Turns out that he couldn’t fulfill 2023 orders unless certain cuts were made. This somehow ties to their number of allocations.

So realistically, I’m looking at maintaining some level of priority for a 2024 build. There’s a slim to none chance I was told I could possibly get my order in 2023 and I’m ok with that. I know it’s better toplay the waiting game to ensure you get what you want which I believe most folks here had to endure.
Well, shopping around for unsold inventory might be your best option unless you want to wait. I'm surprised to see that some have found loaded WTs at MSRP sitting on dealer lots so deals can be found but they'll be even more rare once the order gates open back up. Anyrate, good luck!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It cost the guy buying my Gen 1 Lightning 1.5k Midwest to CA open carrier.
Ford Bronco Ordering a Bronco out-of-state E1E7944F-9237-400A-8C98-34DEBD74EE4D
Man, that must have been a sad day watching that drive away. 😢

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in CA and bought my car from the lot at a dealership in MI. I had to pay MI sales tax, but no license fees. Then when I got it to CA, I paid the difference in taxes, about $1,700 for that and registration. I just had to get it smogged first, but luckily for me there was one right next to the DMV. It was all very easy. They don’t make cars specifically for one state or another, so you’re good no matter where you go. Oh and I paid about $1,500 to have it shipped, which was about 60 cents a mile and didn’t have any issues. It was cool seeing a big rig pull up to my house and drop off my Bronco!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Little did I know I’d be waiting 2 plus years. I was making room for the Bronco. I liked it, but I no longer have the need for speed. Parts were becoming an issue. I’ll never buy a low production vehicle again if I plan on keeping it a long time. Although at my age, that’s becoming less of an issue! She was in great shape. Never saw snow or salt and rarely saw rain. It’s greatest asset was the ability to tow. The 4.10 rear and 12 inch wide tires allowed it to tow a dual axle trailer like it wasn’t there. The 2door won’t be the same from the point but I’m glad it’s getting closer to getting here.
Sponsored