First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were to order a Bronco when the order banks open in a couple months would I be able to postpone buying it for a year or two or three?

What I mean is, I want to place a reservation for a Bronco to get in line but I'm not ready to buy one for a couple reasons.

1) I want Ford to get the 7 speed trans issue fixed with the grinding noises
2) I want Ford to fix the heat issue that some people are having when choosing the heat on their feet
3) Most importantly, I want to get a bright color Bronco, like the colors Jeep has, like neon yellow or neon green or neon orange. I think at some point Ford will have to offer these colors instead of six shades of white, gray and black.

My other question is, by postponing the actual purchase will this cost me any money (besides Ford raising the price of the Bronco year by year)?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want to delay purchasing a Bronco, you'll have to just not order one until you are ready to buy one. There isn't an order now buy in a couple of years option.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you order a vehicle - any vehicle - when it comes in the dealer is going to expect you to buy it. If you don't they will sell it to someone else. The dealer is Ford's customer - they pay Ford for that truck. The dealer expects that they are then going to sell it to the person that ordered it - *their* customer. When that falls through they aren't going to sit on their $50K investment and watch it decline in value, they are going to sell it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Reservations don't exist any longer. Short answer is no, you can't do what you are asking to do. Closest thing would be to order from a dealer that gets a lot of orders and not a lot of allocations. Even then, I think Ford is going to cancel unbuilt orders at EOY from now on to avoid price protection certs.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT & 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
You actually order one and have them leave it at a priority status of "99" which means "Do Not Schedule".

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I were to order a Bronco when the order banks open in a couple months would I be able to postpone buying it for a year or two or three?

What I mean is, I want to place a reservation for a Bronco to get in line but I'm not ready to buy one for a couple reasons.

1) I want Ford to get the 7 speed trans issue fixed with the grinding noises
2) I want Ford to fix the heat issue that some people are having when choosing the heat on their feet
3) Most importantly, I want to get a bright color Bronco, like the colors Jeep has, like neon yellow or neon green or neon orange. I think at some point Ford will have to offer these colors instead of six shades of white, gray and black.

My other question is, by postponing the actual purpose will this cost me any money (besides Ford raising the price of the Bronco year by year)?
Roll the dice. There are original reservation holders from 2020 who converted to orders in January 2021 still do not have their vehicle and to date they are only out $100

2 and 3. If you are gonna wait for massive recalls on what ate not at level of recall status but ate fixed under warranty always then you gonna be walking long time

What heat issue? If you (yeah like BMW each time you get in vehicle) pull up the screen to select where heat flows the heat flows your option of up to 3 places. I have an automatic 4 door but when I have heat blowing at my feetmy toes are toasty warm.

4. Seriously? If you want neon go ahead buy a Jeep or buy with standard no cost paint and take it to paint shop of your choice. I am old enough to have been driving when you could get a car painted for $39.99 today defends on quality anywhere from $1000-$10000 but then you can have a color like nobody else --full body wrap would be cheaper

Your last point always hangs on if there from time to time is price protection.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By ordering a Bronco you're automatically delaying your build by 2 years. It comes standard :ROFLMAO:.
Sponsored