Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Word to the wise.... Everyone ordering a new Bronco needs to know if their State requires California Emissions!!! I think there are 13 states that may require the California Emissions. You need to know if your state is one of them or you could get royally screwed
If you are ordering from an out of state dealer you must insure that your order includes the California Emissions if your home state requires it!!!
I am ordering my Broncos from @StephensAutoCenter and so far John has not received info from Ford on how to include California Emissions on my order.
THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP

@StephensAutoCenter
@Granger Ford
@NayNay

5A0DB2EE-FE95-45A6-9B77-B83FB28F20B4.jpeg
Sponsored

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Word to the wise.... Everyone ordering a new Bronco needs to know if their State requires California Emissions!!! I think there are 13 states that may require the California Emissions. You need to know if your state is one of them or you could get royally screwed
If you are ordering from an out of state dealer you must insure that your order includes the California Emissions if your home state requires it!!!
I am ordering my Broncos from @StephensAutoCenter and so far John has not received info from Ford on how to include California Emissions on my order.
THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP

@StephensAutoCenter
@Granger Ford
@NayNay

Ford Bronco Ordering From An Out Of State Dealer - Emissions 5A0DB2EE-FE95-45A6-9B77-B83FB28F20B4

Ford advised me that all Broncos will have "50 States Emissions" which are suppose to pass emission tests for all 50 States.

/john

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Major car manufacturers don't make cars for the US market that don't meet the most stringent requirements of any state. It would be too hard to have a standard to Missouri and one for Indiana.

Delete thread.

Or at least eliminate the whole bold and underline.

Or try researching stuff on the internet before posting.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford advised me that all Broncos will have "50 States Emissions" which are suppose to pass emission tests for all 50 States.

/john
I am told this is not true... I am told that 50 state compliant is the Federal Emissions Requirements.
I am told that there are 13 States that require a stricter standards known as California Standards.
It is critical to get this resolved!!!

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Major car manufacturers don't make cars for the US market that don't meet the most stringent requirements of any state. It would be too hard to have a standard to Missouri and one for Indiana.

Delete thread.

Or at least eliminate the whole bold and underline.

Or try researching stuff on the internet before posting.
Did you even read the attached document?

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am told this is not true... I am told that 50 state compliant is the Federal Emissions Requirements.
I am told that there are 13 States that require a stricter standards known as California Standards.
What does "I am told" mean? You were just told by @StephensAutoCenter that Ford has addressed the issue. What is your source? Who is telling you?

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*implying it’s not already resolved*

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the vehicle is "dual certified" as stated in the attached document it's good to be sold anywhere in the US.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think that bolding and underlining, makes what you post true? Or is it just you lighting your hair on fire and saying, "LOOK AT ME". Don't believe everything you're told.

Just because the federal standards are lower, doesn't mean that major manufacturers make new cars to that standard alone. When California first raised their emission standards, yes many manufacturers made a Cali special only to be sold in California. But as other states adopted California standards, over a decade ago, major manufacturers began producing cars that met the most stringent emission standards so that there was just one version of their vehicles manufactured for the US car market.

There are exceptions. Small car manufacturers, start-ups, etc. But Ford isn't in that category.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
She's wrong...not the first time.

There's not a different version of the Bronco for California.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you think that bolding and underlining, makes what you post true? Or is it just you lighting your hair on fire and saying, "LOOK AT ME". Don't believe everything you're told.

Just because the federal standards are lower, doesn't mean that major manufacturers make new cars to that standard alone. When California first raised their emission standards, yes many manufacturers made a Cali special only to be sold in California. But as other states adopted California standards, over a decade ago, major manufacturers began producing cars that met the most stringent emission standards so that there was just one version of their vehicles manufactured for the US car market.

There are exceptions. Small car manufacturers, start-ups, etc. But Ford isn't in that category.
If Im wrong then so be it... If you are wrong then a bunch of people are going to get screwed.... I can admit I might be wrong.... F’ing know it alls cant ever admit they might be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.