First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Im wrong then so be it... If you are wrong then a bunch of people are going to get screwed.... I can admit I might be wrong.... F’ing know it alls cant ever admit they might be wrong...
Well you better switch your dealer then, because he keeps correcting you throughout this thread.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Im wrong then so be it... If you are wrong then a bunch of people are going to get screwed.... I can admit I might be wrong.... F’ing know it alls cant ever admit they might be wrong...
There is a difference between people who know first hand telling you that it's not an issue... and "F'ing know it alls [that] can't ever admit they might be wrong..."

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When was the last time you bought a new car that was not 50 state emissions compliant?
I know as of last year you could still choose that on some motorcycles, but cars and trucks?

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you place the order you select the California emissions. Just like you select a specific trim.
Yes because you cannot blame a dealership if you did not ask for this. Hopefully that makes sense. You should have a print out that shows your order and what you selected.
That's exactly it, that's what I'm saying. Make sure that the dealer orders it for you with the proper equipment. In my experience, dealers that aren't used to doing it aren't really aware of the option. It isn't something they normally pay attention to. You need to make sure they know that you it need California emissions to be ordered, and that they know you cannot accept the vehicle if they don't.
It shouldn't be a problem as long as the vehicle has the correct equipment. See below.

FYI - This is NOT the same as meeting California emissions. All Fords are "50 state" compliant. The issue is that there's a bit of a misnomer in that term. Vehicles that meet the federal-level emissions are deemed "50-state compliant". So, the term really means they meet federal standards, instead of meaning that the car is acceptable in all 50 states.

So, while all Fords meet federal rules, they do not all meet the elevated "California" standards. There are a total of 13 states (including California) that require this elevated requirement. So in reality, "50-state" means 37 states. Dealers that don't deal with that on normal basis may not be aware of this distinction (I've seen this before), but I think that there is a California emission option box that they can check when ordering. If they order your vehicle with it, then there should not be a problem. But you can't buy off their lot because their inventory is unlikely to have been ordered accordingly.

So, it becomes a matter of if they are willing to order with California emissions, for an out-of-state buyer, and take the risk of being stuck with it. I can't imagine that their average buyer would know the difference, but who knows?

EDIT - I looked it up. You can bring in a non-compliant vehicle if:
1) it has more than 7500 miles on it
2) you bought it at time that you resided outside of NY and since moved here
3) you where traveling and had to buy a vehicle to replace a damage/wrecked/etc vehicle
4) you inherited the vehicle from out-of-state
5) you are in the armed forces
6) the vehicle is an authorized emergency vehicle.

And of course, there is a form to fill out to do so.

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/california-emissions-standards

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI - This is NOT the same as meeting California emissions. All Fords are "50 state" compliant. The issue is that there's a bit of a misnomer in that term. Vehicles that meet the federal-level emissions are deemed "50-state compliant". So, the term really means they meet federal standards, instead of meaning that the car is acceptable in all 50 states.
Read your own document your first post.

Ford breaks it down into:

Federally Compliant
CA Compliant

Then they state if it meets both it's "50 State Compliant"

By your own document, if the Bronco is "50 State Compliant" then it meets both Federal and CA standards.

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont know anyone personally on here... perhaps ZackDanger an Judge Rufus have correct and/or official info.... I certainly hope so.
In todays world its hard to know who to believe

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we bypass all the nonsense and get to the real route of the problem....California - anyone tracking a way to accelerate its drop off into the ocean we've all been promised?

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By the way.....I was bored...not really...you know you can always go to CARB and look stuff up, right? Example...

Here's the 2.7liter Ford engine family executive order for California emission compliance.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/defaul...pcldtmdv/2020/ford_ldt_a0102211_2d7_u3-70.pdf

Typical California, it isn't easy to search and I won't state this is the EO that applies directly to the Bronco, but, emissions are "family" oriented.

Bottom line, Chicken Little all you want, Ford only produces domestic US 50 state-compliant vehicles. And that means California compliant.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PSA to anyone purchasing out of state... if your state requires a safety and / or emissions annual inspection your selling dealer should credit you for the cost e.g. $100 or whatever it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.