Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the Product A folks work a shift then they go home. Then the product B folks come in for their shift and go home. The next day the same flip flop happens? Or is it more likely a week of one and then a week of the other?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Taking a guess that this second shift is going to build the final "finished product" Bronco that dealerships get to display that was mentioned during the SEMA video. You might have to drive to a few different dealerships to see colors or models your looking for.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I do think a couple of you are correct in that some folks will move on to other vehicles only because if you are a 4x4 enthusiast, there are going to be some interesting vehicles out next year. The 4Xe and V8 Jeep are interesting, and as the Defender adds more options that are available in North America it could take a few orders away also. Rumors of a larger engine in the Defender also.

Either way, a big thank you should go to Ford for creating this market where I feel more options are available for stock 4x4 vehicles, which for years was boring.
What will be interesting is to see if the 4xe will come with tax credits. If the gubermint allows tax credits for the 4xe, how many people will skip the Bronco for the 4xe?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Each shift finishes with no units left on the line partially done?

Just trying to learn @LEGEND .

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@noahr thank you for responding, great to have a dealer chime in, it seems we are getting mixed messages from different dealers regarding Dec vs Jan.

Regarding DIOs, since they are supposed to be on the factory order, to be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker, how can it be that you get a list of DIOs in the "first quarter" yet orders have to be placed by Jan 31st?
Good question, that will be updated when you select them. Since it is nothing to do with the factory and builds wont even start until march it will not cause an issue, we personally modify vehicles all the time and have no issues selling them or dealing with the X plan or anything like that. Right now I have a tricked out ranger and f150 with 35's in the showroom both are lifted and have aftermarket mods that we put on.

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is creating the true Bronco experience. Come next summer you will all be invited out to a wide open prairie the Midwest. There you will be given a lasso and pointed to the open fields where all your production Broncos will be in gear and driving around freely in the open fields.
You will then be told to go catch your Bronco.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting for sure. I’m not meaning to stir up any drama over the vaccine with my next statement, however, if the COVID-19 cases continue to rise and the Government forces a shut down I’m sure our trucks will be further delayed. And even when the vaccine rolls out they’re saying it’ll take 75% of the population to get vaccinated for the pandemic to end. Therefore I’m starting to think deliveries may get pushed back to the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hopefully, it's because they realize they need more content for the first edition customers whom do not want that interior and they are getting it prepped for the Filson black leather seats.and matching interior :) Just California dreamin..

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reeks of "we are missing out on a whole bunch of money if 70,000 orders go in without offering all that Sema and additional options put in".

On FB, some were kvetching about how they can't get this or that when they order. I said it hurts Ford more than us. I think someone at Ford realized it, too.
Sales missed on day one may never happen. Ford is letting a lot of profit slip through their hands if they're not ready. Many will decide they didn't really need those accessories or aftermarket will provide something better.

Sponsored

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like a lot of people think they will just be able to walk into their their dealer on Dec 7 and make an order. The way I understand it is that your dealer will contact you to schedule based on your reservation number. My dealer had 117 reservations in the first 24 hours. There’s no way they’d be able to take all those orders on day one. He told me that with my mid September reservation to not even expect to be contacted to come in and order until February.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like a lot of people think they will just be able to walk into their their dealer on Dec 7 and make an order. The way I understand it is that your dealer will contact you to schedule based on your reservation number. My dealer had 117 reservations in the first 24 hours. There’s no way they’d be able to take all those orders on day one. He told me that with my mid September reservation to not even expect to be contacted to come in and order until February.
Interesting twist to the story, current info says Ford closes ordering Jan 31st yet your dealer says you can't order until February :unsure:

If true, this just further confirms Ford Is moving the goalposts.
Sponsored