Sponsored

Bronco Ordering looking like it may be delayed until the first of the year

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have we confirmed if you can change models or not after ordering? Since each model has a specific interior, and we haven't seen them all, The idea if delaying ordering makes sense. They can't expect people to lock in their order on an interior they have never seen...or can they? lol

And to other peoples's points... it doesn't mean anything if the order date is delayed unless job 1 is delayed

Tell us we can change models at any time before getting a vin and confirm you will have production versions of each model on display before those orders have to be finalized and i am all good.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Combining the the information from these two threads is seems like there is now a high likelihood Ford will delay ordering until the new year. This information seems to be confirmed by reading the latest Ford "press release" that their Marketing Company Bronco Nation published on November 23, 2020.
Build & Price update coming next year says Ford
Confirmed: 2-Door Soft Top Accessory Option & 4-Door Sunrider Top by Bestop

From BN article dated November 23, 2020:

So it seems clear, Ford will announce "Soon" that the ordering that was to start on Dec 7th will be delayed until "to place their orders early next year"

Who is this "Plaza-Jennings" quoted in the article? he is Esteban Plaza-Jenning who is the Ford Bronco Brand Manager.

As you can see Ford is using double speak to describe the accessories, threading the needle between "dealer orderable accessory" and "dealer channel accessories". This seems to wipe out much of the early talk of DIO. What is/was "Dealer Install Options" (DIO), it was another way to say order all your accessories on the factory order and they would be on the window sticker and Ford would pay the dealer to install them.
I spoke with the dealership I have my reservation with last week and the told me the’d be contacting me sometime in early January to place my order.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Commodities- I would think Ford is chomping at the bit to see the quantities and pattern of options that will take shape once true orders fill the book. Wait- wait for what? Dealers have build sheets in hand now. In the end Ford decides your build time. My guess is Ford will have the first few months of production on the books by late December. I’m in- my dealer has my list of DIO I am considering if and when they appear.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have we confirmed if you can change models or not after ordering? Since each model has a specific interior, and we haven't seen them all, The idea if delaying ordering makes sense. They can't expect people to lock in their order on an interior they have never seen...or can they? lol

And to other peoples's points... it doesn't mean anything if the order date is delayed unless job 1 is delayed

Tell us we can change models at any time before getting a vin and confirm you will have production versions of each model on display before those orders have to be finalized and i am all good.
If it's anything like Bronco Sport (or any other order for that matter) you'll be able to make unlimited changes while it's in Unscheduled-Clean status. I don't think it's likely you'll see production models before your order is scheduled, but that also depends on how far out your order is. My hope is that Ford will do a tour with the Bronco like they did the Mach-E. Might not be every model, but you'd get a chance to check it out at least.

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope this is not the case at all. Orders will happen as scheduled and the update will be to include dealer installed accessories everything from factory is reflected so as we were told it will be end of first quarter next year when we will get info on DIOs
@noahr thank you for responding, great to have a dealer chime in, it seems we are getting mixed messages from different dealers regarding Dec vs Jan.

Regarding DIOs, since they are supposed to be on the factory order, to be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker, how can it be that you get a list of DIOs in the "first quarter" yet orders have to be placed by Jan 31st?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Regarding DIOs, since they are supposed to be on the factory order, to be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker, how can it be that you get a list of DIOs in the "first quarter" yet orders have to be placed by Jan 31st?
well I think there are now 2 lists and the factory one will be finished for orders and everything else is going on the Dealer Accessory List which is where stuff will end up for purchase later.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the end, it doesn't matter too much. If we order in December and new accessories are released in January/February you can just ask your dealer to add them to the order. Nothing is set in stone until the VIN is created.

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The thing that gets me in all that Ford "Double talk" is this line:

...…..."and what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year".

Wrong, WRONG SIR/madam/whoever the hell you are....we are chomping at the bit to place our orders on DECEMBER 7th...NOT early next year, which could literally mean through March, which means we won't see our trucks until maybe September.

For the love of PETE...either this truck is ready to build or it's not. SHIT or get off the pot FORD...start making these Bronco's or come clean that you're not as prepared as you thought.

My God, they can put a man on the Moon (obviously FORD can't put a man on the moon or a colored roof on a Bronco, for that matter but someone else sure can).......
Coronavirus future expectations has business leaders guessing at what the work force might look like in a couple months. The vaccine will get here in time, so will the Bronco. But in the meantime Ford is reliant on so many venders to produce the components to be a part of the assembly process of 100,000+ Broncos, any number of work force depletions or shutdowns could send them all to a 2022 release date.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm ready to order only bc I'm not waiting on anything late! I'm patient though. Ford can do its thing! I just feel bad for them bc they really can't communicate with the general public bc when they do something always changes. They are getting hammered on both ends! Plus Covid!

Honestly waiting they only thing I'll change is my mind on color! ?? Found myself googling every Cactus Gray bronco I could find! Guess what I loved them all! ?

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me its not a big deal if it pushes another month or so. Look around folks, EVERYTHING is getting delayed, closed, locked down, etc. This will also include their supply chain, not just the factory build. I guess one thing you learn as you get older is more patience. If it takes an extra few months before I get it the world will not end. I would rather get it right than get it fast.
Sponsored