Sponsored

Ordering now - Is it worth going soft top, then getting aftermarket Hard Top?

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question - if I'm ordering now, and I need a hard top eventually for board storage when travelling. I feel like I'm far enough back in line that it won't matter and get what I want. I do like the soft top, so it's not a complete loss, but I don't want to spend $2k on an aftermarket hard top. That and I don't like the full cargo cages around the soft top. I'd rather have just yakimas connected to the factory racks.

I guess I just answered my own question.
Sponsored

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it is ultimately your preference. When is your reservation date? I switched to a soft top bc I test drove one and it felt good enough to roll with that until third party MIC tops are out. Plus I am in NC so it does not get super super cold. I also do not trust ford to make a quality MIC top so I'm willing to pay extra for aftermarket

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends when your reservation date is? What hard top are you aiming to buy, MIC or Modular?

I only switched to soft top because of the Fordpass points being offered, and didn't want to wait until MY23 (at best) for the modular top.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick question - if I'm ordering now, and I need a hard top eventually for board storage when travelling. I feel like I'm far enough back in line that it won't matter and get what I want. I do like the soft top, so it's not a complete loss, but I don't want to spend $2k on an aftermarket hard top. That and I don't like the full cargo cages around the soft top. I'd rather have just yakimas connected to the factory racks.

I guess I just answered my own question.
Yup. Wait for the 2022 ordering banks to open in September, order what you want, and wait. You'll be able to get the Capable bumper, new colors, and a functional MIC top with a roof rack.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Wait for the 2022 ordering banks to open in September, order what you want, and wait. You'll be able to get the Capable bumper, new colors, and a functional MIC top with a roof rack.
Yeah, so in South Carolina, not worried with being cold in the winter, mainly worried about travelling with it. I don't need it now, mainly worried about a significant cost bump with the '22 and want to lock in my $500 below invoice pricing with my dealer on '21 pricing. I actually drove the Badlands soft top and do like it, but would want a hard top at some point (MIC is fine).

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will have to wait to see what the MY22 B&P brings us...

giphy.gif

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ilke with the supply chain and demand where it's at pricing will most definitely go up. Look at the 4xe, JL will get a bump as well. I'm ordering nowish, don't care when I get it as long as the price is locked.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, so in South Carolina, not worried with being cold in the winter, mainly worried about travelling with it. I don't need it now, mainly worried about a significant cost bump with the '22 and want to lock in my $500 below invoice pricing with my dealer on '21 pricing. I actually drove the Badlands soft top and do like it, but would want a hard top at some point (MIC is fine).
Yes, you clearly have Bronco Syndrome, and there's no sure cure except ordering one ASAP, even if you're not getting exactly what you want, and at this late date, you'll get pushed to 2022 anyway . . . maybe . . .

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you don't have a reservation, and are just putting it in now, then it probably doesn't matter. The situation is so fluid that no firm estimates are available at this point, so whether it causes delays or not won't be felt.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah order in, waiting on MIC hard top, pricing locked into current. Thanks everyone. $800 for hard top/bikini vs $3k for aftermarket hard top/soft top is the analysis. I get it when I get it.
Sponsored