Sponsored

Ordering strategy to guarantee you pay MSRP with no ADM - would this work?

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading a lot I think there might be a strategy that would guarantee you will pay MSRP or less. This hinges on the fact that the Bronco reservations are not dealer allocations. That means if you don't order, the dealer does not get the vehicle on their lot to sell.

I've read reports of dealers saying they'll allow people to order without putting any deposit down, but this is a trick to allow them to negotiate the price with you later - once the vehicle is already on their lot. At this point they have you over a barrel. If you don't pay whatever price they want to charge you won't get the vehicle and they can sell it to someone else.

The trick here is to make sure they don't get a vehicle to sell if they don't agree to MSRP, and it looks like this:

1. When the time comes to place your order, politely inform your dealer that you expect to pay MSRP
2. Make them write up a bill of sale for MSRP and offer to put some money down ($500 - $1000) as a deposit. This is crucial - having a price in writing and putting money down creates a contract.
3. If the dealer refuses to do this, go to step 1
4. Place your order with Ford only after you have an agreement on price in writing
5. Once your vehicle is on the lot, the dealer has to sell it at the agreed-upon price or it's fraud

Again, the ordering process hinges on you. If you don't actually order, that's one less vehicle the dealer can actually sell (because again it's not an allocation). Sure they'd rather charge you an extra $10k, but if you don't order they will get $0. Force the dealer into the decision between making the modest profit on MSRP or zero and see which one they agree to.

I haven't tried this yet (and probably won't need to because I have a good dealer) but I think this could help people who are worried about being charged ADM. Would this actually work?
Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be curious to see what industry folks have to say here. It sounds logical to me, and when things sound logical, I automatically assume it wont work out that way.

I'd be happy to drop a SERIOUS deposit, it it meant I got what I ordered for the price advertised.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading a lot I think there might be a strategy that would guarantee you will pay MSRP or less. This hinges on the fact that the Bronco reservations are not dealer allocations. That means if you don't order, the dealer does not get the vehicle on their lot to sell.

I've read reports of dealers saying they'll allow people to order without putting any deposit down, but this is a trick to allow them to negotiate the price with you later - once the vehicle is already on their lot. At this point they have you over a barrel. If you don't pay whatever price they want to charge you won't get the vehicle and they can sell it to someone else.

The trick here is to make sure they don't get a vehicle to sell if they don't agree to MSRP, and it looks like this:

1. When the time comes to place your order, politely inform your dealer that you expect to pay MSRP
2. Make them write up a bill of sale for MSRP and offer to put some money down ($500 - $1000) as a deposit. This is crucial - having a price in writing and putting money down creates a contract.
4. Place your order with Ford only after you have an agreement on price in writing
5. Once your vehicle is on the lot, the dealer has to sell it at the agreed-upon price or it's fraud

Again, the ordering process hinges on you. If you don't actually order, that's one less vehicle the dealer can actually sell (because again it's not an allocation). Sure they'd rather charge you an extra $10k, but if you don't order they will get $0. Force the dealer into the decision between making the modest profit on MSRP or zero and see which one they agree to.

I haven't tried this yet (and probably won't need to because I have a good dealer) but I think this could help people who are worried about being charged ADM. Would this actually work?
Step 1. Or ask for a discount say $1000 under invoice.:p

Dealership nor purchaser can renegotiate price once agreed to and signed by both parties

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I've ordered vehicles in the past, I have agreed on the price at order, and we put it in writing (even on A-Plan deals). That is for my protection and the dealership's protection. This is just for the sale price of the vehicle. It doesn't include any extras or a trade. I would highly recommend doing the same.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There are plenty of dealers offering to not add ADM....getting MSRP should be the very worst deal you should take with a reservation. Nothing special needs to be done other than having multiple dealers available and to negotiate with multiple dealers and willingness to move dealers at order time.
You should pay less than MSRP.....with minimal effort.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You already have a $100 deposit with your chosen dealer, no need for additional deposit.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You already have a $100 deposit with your chosen dealer, no need for additional deposit.
This is 100% false. You have placed a refundAble deposit to get a reservation to have the option to purchase the vehicle. There’s no agreement to buy or set price yet.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe, but the simpler solution is to just sign up for X-plan.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is 100% false. You have placed a refundAble deposit to get a reservation to have the option to purchase the vehicle. There’s no agreement to buy or set price yet.
You don't need an additional deposit at most dealers though. I know I don't.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dealership nor purchaser can renegotiate price once agreed to and signed by both parties
I know I am going to be pushing Granger HARD for $1,001.00 under invoice... just so I can say I paid less than others. Might mean I have to bring Albert lunch when I go into sign the papers...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the reservation is converted the refundable goes away...

Justa heads up on that

ScientistNK

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I am in South Florida and I am looking to lease my Bronco. How would that work if I were to switch my reservation to you?

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know I am going to be pushing Granger HARD for $1,001.00 under invoice... just so I can say I paid less than others. Might mean I have to bring Albert lunch when I go into sign the papers...
Ummm....unless Albert eats saltine crackers or a piece of gum for lunch, you're kind of getting the short end of the stick. :ROFLMAO:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that is an interesting question...I will have to get back to you on that..not my area of expertise even though I lease most of my first year models...
Sponsored