Sponsored

Ordering strategy to guarantee you pay MSRP with no ADM - would this work?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sell it to another dealer like Carvana, Vroom, Autotrader can set you up with local dealer etc.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The key to negotiation is to not be easily bruised.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading a lot I think there might be a strategy that would guarantee you will pay MSRP or less. This hinges on the fact that the Bronco reservations are not dealer allocations. That means if you don't order, the dealer does not get the vehicle on their lot to sell.

I've read reports of dealers saying they'll allow people to order without putting any deposit down, but this is a trick to allow them to negotiate the price with you later - once the vehicle is already on their lot. At this point they have you over a barrel. If you don't pay whatever price they want to charge you won't get the vehicle and they can sell it to someone else.

The trick here is to make sure they don't get a vehicle to sell if they don't agree to MSRP, and it looks like this:

1. When the time comes to place your order, politely inform your dealer that you expect to pay MSRP
2. Make them write up a bill of sale for MSRP and offer to put some money down ($500 - $1000) as a deposit. This is crucial - having a price in writing and putting money down creates a contract.
3. If the dealer refuses to do this, go to step 1
4. Place your order with Ford only after you have an agreement on price in writing
5. Once your vehicle is on the lot, the dealer has to sell it at the agreed-upon price or it's fraud

Again, the ordering process hinges on you. If you don't actually order, that's one less vehicle the dealer can actually sell (because again it's not an allocation). Sure they'd rather charge you an extra $10k, but if you don't order they will get $0. Force the dealer into the decision between making the modest profit on MSRP or zero and see which one they agree to.

I haven't tried this yet (and probably won't need to because I have a good dealer) but I think this could help people who are worried about being charged ADM. Would this actually work?
All dealer will put the order in writing for two reasons : 1. To make sure the vehicle will be built exactly as ordered and 2. They want satisfied customers
A third reason and why even a 100 deposit is good is that it is a legal contract- enforceable by either party.

Sponsored

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be brutal to dealers here...?

The burden is on us to make it right or the constomer and their dollar walks

Now I realize this is how we believed it to be for eons. FOMOCO has really put the customer in the drivers seat on this one.

Those who play games with this ICON vehicle will be remembered when the next purchase, friends, neighbor or relative go to purchase, a new Ford and they relay how they were treated..

This is the ultimate (because of sheer volume) Yelp, Google review etc..

If dealerships have not read enough pent up desire just to be treated fairly ,it is all the customer is asking for...

Now I am sure they would love to have all dealerships sell at our price but i see most just not wanting to be messed over by the "typical" dealer **** that they fear most when darkening the dealership doors..

End rant..

Back to your regularly scheduled program!
i absolutely loath buying a car from a dealership, no offense.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All dealer will put the order in writing for two reasons : 1. To make sure the vehicle will be built exactly as ordered and 2. They want satisfied customers
A third reason and why even a 100 deposit is good is that it is a legal contract- enforceable by either party.
It will be interesting to read the fine print of the Bronco sales contract.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i absolutely loath buying a car from a dealership, no offense.
None taken, I got into automotive sales because I hated the process and wanted to make a change (Zach and Granger has afforded that opportunity)...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
To each his own, I don’t like playing games
This. I bought my F250 over the phone. Dealer was 120 miles away, and the closest one who had a manual. I went to pick it up and it was just a matter of shaking hands with the salesman, sitting down with the finance gal and driving away. Took about 30 minutes...

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't sell to an individual you are going to get screwed . It doesn't matter if it is the dealership you are buying a new vehicle from or a place like Carvana , CarMax etc . They are going to leave enough room to make money off your vehicle , that's what they are in business for .

The only time I came out ahead trading in a car was in 2009 when dealerships were going under . I had bought a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire used in 2006 and carried it in for one of the seat heaters not working . They had 6 new 2008's on the lot and they kept trying to get me to trade mine in . I rolled out of there with a new 37k sticker 2008 Crossfire that looked exactly like the one I had and paid 19k for it . They also allowed me $1000 less for my 2004 than I had given for it . I didn't need it but what the hell , it came with a new warranty and lifetime powertrain coverage . The salesman kept telling me he was going to be out of a job in a few weeks anyway , LOL . I finally sold that in 2016 because it was sitting in the garage not getting driven much .

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You already have a $100 deposit with your chosen dealer, no need for additional deposit.
the 100 is with Ford for a reservation, not a deposit with a dealer, and it's the dealers job to take a deposit incase you bail.
Sponsored