Sponsored

Ordering strategy to guarantee you pay MSRP with no ADM - would this work?

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While all that may be true, there is a cost to it. While I don't know Ford's invoice nor the dealer's numbers (no one ever does) saving some number off MSRP should be easily accomplished. As far as the deals you speak of, until someone signs a sales contract that locks in the price with no if ands or buts, then I'll consider them legit.

I much rather work with my local dealer and build a personal relationship for future support if there are first-year build issues (I don't anticipate any - but...) or future pricing on bolt-on accessories. I could go with Stephens Ford or Leonardtown as they are a day's round trip from me, but that's travel time which eats at least a Saturday or a vacation day at work and involving other people to drive out with me to get the new Bronco home. I traveled to Baltimore from Central VA to buy my H3T and it was still a PIA. Time and travel are money. A hotel stay and flight cost would eat up most of any potential savings Grainger may provide. Add to a 3-day trip back from Iowa; driving through Iowa alone is tough; I've done it several times. Having the new Bronco shipped, nope, eats away any price savings. I'll take my chances with my local dealer.

My 2 cents.
Pretty sure there's a central VA dealership that is offering a below MSRP deals.

Also, "personal relationship" with a dealership that wants to bend you over on pricing and ADM? You have a different definition of personal relationship than I do. The personal relationships that @NayNay or Albert at Grainger have established via this forum, despite being further, seem to meet what you're looking for.
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 100 is with Ford for a reservation, not a deposit with a dealer, and it's the dealers job to take a deposit incase you bail.
You are incorrect. Look at your credit card statement - all deposit’s are held by the dealer you selected.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure there's a central VA dealership that is offering a below MSRP deals.

Also, "personal relationship" with a dealership that wants to bend you over on pricing and ADM? You have a different definition of personal relationship than I do. The personal relationships that @NayNay or Albert at Grainger have established via this forum, despite being further, seem to meet what you're looking for.
Well, you do not know what you speak of; it's not the DMV out where I live and I'll not be dealing with Koons, Sheehy (even though I personally know Paul Sheehy), nor Ted Britt. My local family-owned dealer hasn't stayed in business for nearly 9 decades by screwing local customers over.

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, you do not know what you speak of; it's not the DMV out where I live and I'll not be dealing with Koons, Sheehy (even though I personally know Paul Sheehy), nor Ted Britt. My local family-owned dealer hasn't stayed in business for nearly 9 decades by screwing local customers over.
This thread was predicated on the supposed onerous task of finding a dealer who won't screw you over. If you've already got one, I think you're arguing my point.

For others who are stuck with a dealership at/over MSRP or tacking on ADM, I implore you to check out some available pricing deals and save yourself the money and hassle.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a Central VA dealer offering around invoice (Madison). By the way, not sure what you meant by “no one ever does” as far as knowing invoice and “dealer’s numbers”. You will know exact invoice numbers and the dealer holdback number before purchase if you want to. Those are easily obtainable.
So when I bought my H3T in October 2009, I had a friend who had a resource at GM in the CEO's office. I provided the VIN of the truck I was buying and the person provided the actual GM sales paperwork the dealer I was buying from, so I had the actual real price the dealer paid GM for the truck. That number was lower than any of the pricing information available on the internet. The look on the sales rep's face when I showed him my offer was priceless. :LOL:

I'm not saying the invoice and holdback numbers are not easily obtainable, I'm just saying how valid the numbers are is a different issue. Not arguing the point with you, just working from my personal experience, which is even more than the H3T experience.

But again, traveling great distances to work with a dealer to save on the price has costs of time, travel, and PIA factor - pre and post-sale, that need to be weighed into the total purchase price.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cover your bases, or CYA! Always the smart move.
Sponsored