Sponsored

Ordering strategy to guarantee you pay MSRP with no ADM - would this work?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assumed the quantity bonus as well, but someone on this forum told me I was wrong and dealers do not get a quantity bonus. I cant remember which thread or how it was stated.
l probably should have said “spiffs“ instead of volume. There are definitely other programs and dollars that go from the manufacturer to the dealer. I have no idea how that may or may not apply to Bronco.
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well just talked to my lease department head and the out of state logistics with Ford lease contract not feasible...

So unfortunately we will not be doing out of state Ford leases.
How about out of state buyers?

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Step 1. Or ask for a discount say $1000 under invoice.:p

Dealership nor purchaser can renegotiate price once agreed to and signed by both parties
How do dealers like you make profit if undercutting invoice so much? My understanding is that there isn't much going to the dealership with each sale.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Step 1. Or ask for a discount say $1000 under invoice.:p

Dealership nor purchaser can renegotiate price once agreed to and signed by both parties
Walks in dealership, takes paper, writes down “invoice-$1000”, signs paper, tells salesman to take it to the GM. ?

The salesman “tricks” some of them try have always irritate me. The last vehicle I bought, the guy was trying all the games they go through and I told him to cut the crap. I know what the invoice is one this vehicle. Just go ask the GM what his bottom price is going to be.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do dealers like you make profit if undercutting invoice so much? My understanding is that there isn't much going to the dealership with each sale.
Small portions large numbers.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI, When both buyer and dealer have agreed upon price and you have a purchase order, MAKE SURE PURCHASE ORDER IS SIGNED BY A MANAGER. A Jeep dealer tried to pull a move that I only had a salesmans signiture on my purchase order. I needed to get owner of dealership involved to make it right.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, When both buyer and dealer have agreed upon price and you have a purchase order, MAKE SURE PURCHASE ORDER IS SIGNED BY A MANAGER. A Jeep dealer tried to pull a move that I only had a salesmans signiture on my purchase order. I needed to get owner of dealership involved to make it right.
Also, if that's a big concern, check with the laws of your state. I know CA was super strict about what car salesmen can do, but their involvement still mostly ends when you take delivery; wheels hit the curb.

So, it's unreasonable for the GM or even GSM to handle every geek off the street and that's why they have sales staff. The GM in many states has to follow a bunch of laws that give the customer an absolute advantage. They could be held liable for a myriad of stupid stuff any one of their salespeople do or say. So, not only are you giving the sales team the brunt of your pent up hurt feelings from all of your past car buying experiences and what you've heard through the grapevine, but that salesperson is also taking a lot of "stuff" from their managerS.

When you walk into a dealership, don't lose your humanity by taking away another's dignity and slap some Bronco ransom note in their face asking them to go fetch the manager.

Rocketman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4, 1994 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can handle financing alongside the customer doing their own.

As for leasess however and the complexities involved we will do our state only
How will you handle the ordering process to out of state customers?

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know about Granger, but I've bought out of state before, and it wasn't any different than buying down the street.

The dealer used a title service, which cost me maybe $150, to transfer the taxes to my state, and to file the registration paperwork.

In my case, the title company messed up the title work. They got taxes correct, thank goodness. So, I had to go to the tag office and do it myself, which wasn't a huge issue.

About a week later, the dealer, without telling me, refunded me the title fee. I thought that was strong, especially since they were 400 miles away, and the likelihood that I'll buy there again are almost zero.

Anyways, it happens all the time.

On leases, there are a whole bunch of state rules and taxes that affect the lease. Not so much with purchases.

How will you handle the ordering process to out of state customers?

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Granger Ford, this is a bit off topic, but will you opine on why you think other dealers are not making the same same or similar $1,000 off invoice offer? It seems strange that of all the dealers, Granger is the only reported dealer willing to make such an offer. Why in the world would others not try to compete? I can see why large market, high volume dealers wouldn’t care to, but everyone else?
@Granger Ford, was my question out of line? Wondering why you did not reply as you are typically on top of questions. Not hating just asking.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford, was my question out of line? Wondering why you did not reply as you are typically on top of questions. Not hating just asking.
Sorry I answered on Post #34 just did not hit reply to your question

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...no-adm-would-this-work.3028/page-3#post-95113

We all can price accordingly just appears others lack of willingness.

I still have dealers telling you all and pm'ing me that it is illegal or some horse pucky that we cannot do this or that for pricing..

Trust me on this Ford KNOWS we are pricing like this..

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be brutal to dealers here...?

The burden is on us to make it right or the constomer and their dollar walks

Now I realize this is how we believed it to be for eons. FOMOCO has really put the customer in the drivers seat on this one.

Those who play games with this ICON vehicle will be remembered when the next purchase, friends, neighbor or relative go to purchase, a new Ford and they relay how they were treated..

This is the ultimate (because of sheer volume) Yelp, Google review etc..

If dealerships have not read enough pent up desire just to be treated fairly ,it is all the customer is asking for...

Now I am sure they would love to have all dealerships sell at our price but i see most just not wanting to be messed over by the "typical" dealer **** that they fear most when darkening the dealership doors..

End rant..

Back to your regularly scheduled program!
So much this.

I’m a “local guide” because of the free labor I’ve given Google. 100,000 views on the images I’ve added to my reviews to date. I try to celebrate when things go well.

20 years ago I was supposed to buy a Deep Wedgwood Blue SportTrac from Joe Meyers Ford out of their fleet department. They offered me a deal via my sister since she was working on their sales papers; however, there was enough demand they decided they could get better than invoice and sold the unit out from under me. I eventually got a Black one from Plano.

That was my last new Ford until I put my $100 down in July for the Bronco. 20 years of lost sales to myself, my family, and honestly everyone who engaged with me on the subject. I lived in Houston for 9.5 years, I scuttled at least 11 deals in my car clubs and at work with JMF. I’d think the extra $500 they made on that one car I took back from their hide. The folks I knew who wanted Ford bad went somewhere else, thankfully.

If I get screwed by this dealer, I won’t ever bother with Ford again. I had a Taurus, Explorer, and the SportTrac for my first 3 cars/trucks. For the last 14 years, we have bought new VW’s. We bought a used F150 from someone in the family, but it took a package this compelling to make me even engage with a Ford dealer again.
Sponsored