Sponsored

Ordering two and selling the one I like least immediately?

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. Long time lurker here located in Monmouth County NJ. I hold 2 early Bronco reservations (not sure if you guys want to update the thread with the reservation dates and numbers) and I plan on ordering from George Wall in Shrewsbury, NJ.
7/14: 10193523
7/15: 10228649

I was set on getting a WT and canceling my other reservation but there is no way I can order a rig with that ugly of interior (seats and dash). I think Ford seriously fumbled the ball here right at the goal line. Looking at the different models and interiors I can live with, I really like the BD in velocity blue since it would match the stitching and accent handles and would probably look ok with the MIC top. I hate that I can't get a Lux package, 12" screen, or signature lighting but it could be something I can live with. I also like the BL in carbonized grey with MGV seats. I think this color could look ok with the orange accents but I do worry about how the MIC top would look (fenders flares are coming off so not a big deal if they don't match) and I like the fact I can get the Lux package. The price difference is about 6-7K with the BL costing more but in reality, I don't really need the sway bar disconnect (or the upgraded bash plates that come with both). I

Ok on to my idea. I was thinking of ordering both of them and then right away selling the one I like the least. I have 2 very early reservations so (fingers crossed) I would be getting them mid year. I wouldn't be looking to really make any money and would just want what I paid for the one I want to sell (maybe to a Forum member). Or I could talk to the dealer about my plan and maybe that's carrot I need to make sure they don't hit me with ADM or any other crazy fees. I am sure they would gladly take it off my hands but would probably mark it up on the lot. Am I over thinking this? Is there something else I am not thinking about (registration fees, taxes etc)?

Note: Would be getting 2.7L Auto, w/ Sasquatch and upgraded radio on both.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello. Long time lurker here located in Monmouth County NJ. I hold 2 early Bronco reservations (not sure if you guys want to update the thread with the reservation dates and numbers) and I plan on ordering from George Wall in Shrewsbury, NJ.
7/14: 10193523
7/15: 10228649

I was set on getting a WT and canceling my other reservation but there is no way I can order a rig with that ugly of interior (seats and dash). I think Ford seriously fumbled the ball here right at the goal line. Looking at the different models and interiors I can live with, I really like the BD in velocity blue since it would match the stitching and accent handles and would probably look ok with the MIC top. I hate that I can't get a Lux package, 12" screen, or signature lighting but it could be something I can live with. I also like the BL in carbonized grey with MGV seats. I think this color could look ok with the orange accents but I do worry about how the MIC top would look (fenders flares are coming off so not a big deal if they don't match) and I like the fact I can get the Lux package. The price difference is about 6-7K with the BL costing more but in reality, I don't really need the sway bar disconnect (or the upgraded bash plates that come with both). I

Ok on to my idea. I was thinking of ordering both of them and then right away selling the one I like the least. I have 2 very early reservations so (fingers crossed) I would be getting them mid year. I wouldn't be looking to really make any money and would just want what I paid for the one I want to sell (maybe to a Forum member). Or I could talk to the dealer about my plan and maybe that's carrot I need to make sure they don't hit me with ADM or any other crazy fees. I am sure they would gladly take it off my hands but would probably mark it up on the lot. Am I over thinking this? Is there something else I am not thinking about (registration fees, taxes etc)?

Note: Would be getting 2.7L Auto, w/ Sasquatch and upgraded radio on both.
Not a bad strategy if you can pay cash for both and have a spare 2 car garage. Pay cash, get certificates of origin and put in garage unregistered. Once they're both in there, decide which one to keep & sell the other. This way you and the buyer pay sales tax when you register, saving $2500-3000 in taxes and fees on the sold vehicle. Buyer is happy to be first to register a new car and you can give them a better deal.

I'm getting Badlands 2.7L, non Squatch with optional beadlock rims. The beauty rings are carbonized grey and will look killer with carbonized grey paint job and grille. Squatch rings are more a shiny silver. I think the top works with it we'll, but that's me. I also prefer looks of the 33s to the bro monster truck look so many here desire. The 33s will run so much nicer in the road too.

I also have two early reservations and want to order both and check them out. The best situation is being able to drive the first while waiting for the second and then deciding, but I'd have above mentioned extra sunk costs and would be selling a used vehicle. Harder to recoup money selling the first! Not sure what to do. If I'm honest with myself, it makes most sense to just order what I want most (just one) and simplify my life.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Selling it back to a dealer to sell as a new car would likely violate the rules Ford has about dealer stock. Your probably better off avoiding the dealer in that transaction anyway.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like a huge hassle, to make a couple of bucks (potentially)....I would just make a decision and order the one you like best on paper and go with it.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a bad strategy if you can pay cash for both and have a spare 2 car garage. Pay cash, get certificates of origin and put in garage unregistered. Once they're both in there, decide which one to keep & sell the other. This way you and the buyer pay sales tax when you register, saving $2500-3000 in taxes and fees on the sold vehicle. Buyer is happy to be first to register a new car and you can give them a better deal.

I'm getting Badlands 2.7L, non Squatch with optional beadlock rims. The beauty rings are carbonized grey and will look killer with carbonized grey paint job and grille. Squatch rings are more a shiny silver. I think the top works with it we'll, but that's me. I also prefer looks of the 33s to the bro monster truck look so many here desire. The 33s will run so much nicer in the road too.

I also have two early reservations and want to order both and check them out. The best situation is being able to drive the first while waiting for the second and then deciding, but I'd have above mentioned extra sunk costs and would be selling a used vehicle. Harder to recoup money selling the first! Not sure what to do. If I'm honest with myself, it makes most sense to just order what I want most (just one) and simplify my life.

Dealers going to make sure you title it, I'm in the middle of a rebate audit and thats one of the things Ford wants proof of (vehicle titled to buyer) so vehicles don't go to flippers or exporters. You could still do it, but you'll have to pay the tax.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn't be looking to really make any money and would just want what I paid for the one I want to sell (maybe to a Forum member).
That right there isn't bad. At least you aren't looking to make that quick buck. The only thing I will add to this (that really sucks), is the vehicle will end up being "double taxed". You'll pay sales tax when you purchase, then next guy will pay sales tax when he buys it from you. You know how NJ loves their taxes, though I'd imagine that is the same everywhere.

Only way to avoid is for you to give (1) of the reservations to someone else (What's Ford care who's name is on the check). But then that takes away your ability to pick which one you like better. Unless of course the new guy is good with both of your builds as is.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In our state John Q Public would not be able to leave a dealer's lot with an unregistered vehicle.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers going to make sure you title it, I'm in the middle of a rebate audit and thats one of the things Ford wants proof of (vehicle titled to buyer) so vehicles don't go to flippers or exporters. You could still do it, but you'll have to pay the tax.
Not true. I have bought a couple cars like this and already asked a dealer about it.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true. I have bought a couple cars like this and already asked a dealer about it.
I'm sure there are dealers that would do it, but most won't. As I said the proof of vehicle registration is in my audit Ford's doing right now, so I'm certain Ford wants something to prove you registered it (in our state its copy of the filled out MSO and application for title). That said I could hand it to the customer and they could fail to have it done, but I don't think any state would allow you to put it in another name with that MSO without first putting it in the name on it.

Look at it this way, if Ford didn't audit this, whats to stop dealers from reserving in one name, reporting sold to Ford it in that name, yet titling it to the person that actually bought the Bronco to game reservations to get extra units?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The market is going go be flooded with all of these second and third reservations.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure there are dealers that would do it, but most won't. As I said the proof of vehicle registration is in my audit Ford's doing right now, so I'm certain Ford wants something to prove you registered it (in our state its copy of the filled out MSO and application for title). That said I could hand it to the customer and they could fail to have it done, but I don't think any state would allow you to put it in another name with that MSO without first putting it in the name on it.

Look at it this way, if Ford didn't audit this, whats to stop dealers from reserving in one name, reporting sold to Ford it in that name, yet titling it to the person that actually bought the Bronco to game reservations to get extra units?
Reporting a vehicle sold that isn't sold is fraud! It's lying and stupid lying at that because there's no audit trail of payment and no settled contract. Plus cooking the books to record a sale leaves you on the hook for taxes on that sale. When you buy a car, there is a contract. They deliver the car, you deliver the money, contract settled. There are so many reasons that make your supposition preposterous and NO dealer would engage in such shenanigans. I also can't imagine ANY dealer not letting me take my vehicle and register it myself that I just paid cash for.

Reactions: jxc

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The market is going go be flooded with all of these second and third reservations.
Here people reserved two, but I can tell you at least for my list, very few did 2, I think mine and my sisters are the only 2 that had two reservations, and I only did that (and I told told her to) due to the paranoia about switching trims I got hanging around here. All my other regular customers just reserved one.
Sponsored