Sponsored

Ordering two and selling the one I like least immediately?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also can't imagine ANY dealer not letting me take my vehicle and register it myself that I just paid cash for.
I guess we're talking two different things, allowing you to take your vehicle and register it yourself is one thing, and yes, that's common, I was referring to giving you a blank MSO to put any name you want on it so you can resell, that's what I can't see dealers doing.

If the MSO's filled out, I can't see anyone else being able to register it until you've titled it in the name on the MSO, at least in the states I've delt with, but maybe yours is different.

I guess my point is that if someones looking to flip one and not pay tax, I'd highly recommend they do their homework with the dealer and the DMV to be sure they can do it before ordering as in most states, I don't think it will work.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The market is going go be flooded with all of these second and third reservations.
Here people reserved two, but I can tell you at least for my list, very few did 2, I think mine and my sisters are the only 2 that had two reservations, and I only did that (and I told told her to) due to the paranoia about switching trims I got hanging around here. All my other regular customers just reserved one.
Lol,
I should've put a LOL or a :LOL: ... was mostly joking.
I figure for $100 bucks, I have an early and a late, if I can't get mansquatch early, I use the late 2022 reservation and see how that goes.
If mansquatch is really late, I can cruise the first Bronco until it comes in.
....or I'll get all pissed off and shit can the whole thing and order a 2021 Super Duty for the same money....and get more stuff to boot.
Win/win, lol

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dislike everything about that strategy. Just like the forum loses its mind when we discuss dealers acquiring Bronco's from cancelled orders to sell as inventory; I don't like thinking someone can answer an ad and buy a Bronco from someone who double dipped with simultaneous reservations. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Maybe I am just getting grumpy in my old age. I'll go back to minding my own business.

Reactions: Orf

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess we're talking two different things, allowing you to take your vehicle and register it yourself is one thing, and yes, that's common, I was referring to giving you a blank MSO to put any name you want on it so you can resell, that's what I can't see dealers doing.

If the MSO's filled out, I can't see anyone else being able to register it until you've titled it in the name on the MSO, at least in the states I've delt with, but maybe yours is different.

I guess my point is that if someones looking to flip one and not pay tax, I'd highly recommend they do their homework with the dealer and the DMV to be sure they can do it before ordering as in most states, I don't think it will work.
I was a manager at a Nissan dealership years ago. Handing out blank MSO's would not only get you in hot water with the mothership but might be considered fraud in alot of states. I highly doubt a dealer is going to take that chance for a customer and put their dealer licence on the line. I do remeber that MSO's had boxes on the back that you could tranfer from dealer to dealer, but not sure if thats the case now.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 21 and a 22 res. I can't decide between BL and BD. Both 2 drs. It would help if I could see both side by side. And drive both to compare. I also want a white top and don't know if I want to wait to get a white top. It would help if I knew how long I had to wait.

Since I'm unsure, I'm considering buying both the 21 and 22. Hopefully I could order the 22 with a white top. I could drive the 21 until the 22 comes in. Then I could drive/see them both together and pick the one I like more easily. Then keep the one I like (with the white top) and sell the other (with the MIC top). I may have to swap the white/ gray tops between the Broncos to get the exact Bronco / top I want, but thats ok. My garage is deep enough to park them nose to tail until I get one sold.

Maybe something will happen between now and then that will make it so I know that I can get exactly what I want and when I would get it. But buying 2 sure takes guess work out of it.
Sponsored