Sponsored

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great job on the video! The music was..... (really really really bad) not the type of music I like to listen to.

I don’t think that at anyone’s type of music. Just generic, ambient, clearable schlock.

May I suggest, volume off and stream this instead, matching the Bronco ethos perfectly.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I posted this in one of the other Orlando threads, but figured I'd duplicate it here:

So, I drove up from Fort Lauderdale (a 3 hour drive) to this show to see the Bronco in person as well. Seeing it in person was awesome after seeing only pictures for so long - it's nice to get a sense for its presence that pictures just can't do. It's big too.

I'm ultimately glad I went, as it was nice to see in person before ordering even if we couldn't see inside.

My pictures don't have much to add beyond what others have already posted, so I won't post any of them. I'm including some overview type comments of the show, Ford's display, and the reps, but the comments also address some complaints I saw earlier in the thread about what was there.

I don't know if you guys go to many auto shows, but I've gone to a lot of them of all different sizes (Detroit all the way down to local shows) over the years, and what I saw there was pretty par for the course for a vehicle like Bronco for both automakers in general, and Ford specifically at a show this size. For a model like this, where they've only built X number of pre-production prototypes, it's very common for it to be up on a display roped off like this. Sometimes if they're closer to production, it might be on the floor, but still locked. They also likely only have a few that they've put into show circulation, so they don't want people climbing in and out yet, as disappointing as it is. Bronco Sport is different, as it's already on sale, which is why you're seeing it included in drive events, and whatnot. Even before we saw the Orlando setup, I anticipated it being roped off.

I do have some complaints about their display setup, though. I wish I had taken a picture of the whole display, as it'd make descriptions easier, but bear with me as I try..........I've included the floorplan which should help. I don't know why they'd orient the floorplan graphic this way since it's the opposite of how you're viewing it as you walk in, but anyway......the entrance in the graphic is in the top right so if you came in and headed straight for Ford, you'd go down an aisle, turn right, past Chevy, and Ford is on your left. Looking directly at the Ford display, you had both a Mach E and and Explorer located within two giant blue light wireframe cubes (I drew two blue boxes on the graphic to represent these). I guess the intent with them was to grab attention, but the blue light was obnoxious and distracting. They could've had the same effect without surrounding the vehicles within a cube, which would've put the vehicles in more normal lighting conditions as well. The Bronco Sport was in the red "2" location I drew, while the Bronco itself was in the "1" location, behind several vehicles, including the '21 F-150 which was open to sit in (on sale already), represented by the green box. The yellow box was a massive column for the building - yes, they put the Bronco next to a column. Now, it's common for them to put key vehicles in the center of the display to draw you into the entire display, but in my opinion, Bronco Sport and Bronco should have been flipped - with Bronco being closer to the entrance side where people would be more likely to see it.

1608515383665-png.png

As for reps at shows in general, for me, they're similar to auto dealership people in terms of product knowledge. These are usually NOT Ford employees, but rather hired to be display people, and memorize key points rather than being truly knowledgeable. They're there to answer general questions for folks that come in knowing absolutely nothing about any of the cars. They're there for someone like my friend I went with (not a car guy), who didn't realize the differences between the Bronco Sport and Bronco. So, unfortunately expecting them to be able to answer some specific questions (relatively speaking compared to overall general ones), usually is a lost cause. I don't even bother talking to them most of the time. Sometimes you get actual Ford ones, or a head one might know more, but usually they're only good for general info.

I'd include my photos, but they're pretty much the same as what's been posted already. I can throw up the Mach-E photos for reference of the blue light cubes I mentioned, though:

itxhlfg-jpg.jpg

hnanifr-jpg.jpg

wycy1qt-jpg.jpg

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was also disappointed I didn't wind up seeing any B6G folks there, (I had mentioned my bronco shirt I was wearing in other threads).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That person that took the pics is on this forum.
Sponsored