Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got to drive this today. Some thoughts:

-Aesthetically, the overall package looks awesome. Wheels/tires/flares/lift all work harmoniously with each other. I dislike most aftermarket wheels/tires that dudes put on their trucks, but this setup looks great.

-The 2.3+manual combo actually drives great with the 35s. Putting larger and much heavier tires on can be a recipe for making the vehicle 1) a total dog, 2) much more of a chore to drive with a manual. This setup felt great. It takes off from a stop effortlessly without a bunch of clutch riding, and is still surprisingly quick. I attribute this mostly to the 4.46 rear and the fact that Ford actually geared their transmission appropriately for big tires (looking at you, Toyota).

-The granny/crawler gear is phenomenal. It's so short that it feels like a pseudo-low range. Even with these bigger tires, the clutch can be almost dumped and the truck happily rolls forward with no drama (part of this is due to the throttle assist that Ford gives you when you're engaging the clutch, like it's 'baby's first manual'. Love it or hate it, it's here like it is on the Mustang).

-I'm totally stoked on the 2.3/manual combo. It's awesome. Clutch feel is great, trans feel/shift quality is great, gearing is great. It's awesome. If you were originally drawn to the Bronco because it's so unusual to get a modern truck/ competent off-roader with a manual, and you like manuals, you will like this, guaranteed. If you don't like it, DM me and tell me I'm an idiot (you won't). I really, really like this transmission.

-Driving this made me pumped for getting my spec, whenever it arrives (2-door Badlands, 2.3/manual). I originally thought I wasn't going to go any bigger than the 33" KO2s that come stock on this, for fears of 35s not playing nice with the manual trans. These fears are unfounded. It feels great with 4.46s and will be even better with the Badlands' 4.70s.

-I also drove their 2-door Wildtrak with 2.7 and automatic. The 2.7/auto is absolutely quicker, but I'm absolutely glad I got the manual. That said, I think very few people that specced 2.7/auto are going to be disappointed.
I agree the 2.3 w/ Falken Wildpeak M/T 35x12.5R18 moved better than what I was expecting. Those Falkens looked alot bigger than the Wildtrak tires. But of course I didn't actually measure them when I test drove.
Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree the 2.3 w/ Falken Wildpeak M/T 35x12.5R18 moved better than what I was expecting. Those Falkens looked alot bigger than the Wildtrak tires. But of course I didn't actually measure them when I test drove.
They absolutely do look bigger than the OEM 35s on the Wildtrak.

Could be because the Wildpeak M/Ts are a 'true 35', or their more aggressive tread pattern. But just looking at them, they look a lot more substantial than the 'squatch 35s.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to test drive both this one and their 2 dr Wildtrak today. Although they look the same height in these pictures this Big Bend was definitely taller and required a bit more jump to get in. Both my wife and I noticed this. Even with the 35s and 4 cylinder / manual, I felt like it had sufficient power.

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think 35s x 13.5s with a negative offset would work on this set up ? I have a nonsas OBX with the same 4WP lift (2.5” front / 1.5” rear) . It came with 315/70/17 35s on 17x8.5 black rhinos, looks like 0 offset. Looking for something more aggressive, possible 20x10s, -18 or 19 offset and put them on 35x13.5s. I’m ok with removing / altering crash bars .

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just found out about the air design flares, I absolutely love them. It's something that should have come from the factory. One question, what off set are the rims?
Sponsored