Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211023_174352rev1
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211023_173816

The day finally arrived for our family and our Race Red 7MT Badlands finally arrived from Dirt Mountain this past week. We picked her up in the old 96 (since I foolishly had sold my daily driver back in July when I got a build notice the first time). Took her out for some light wheeling yesterday, my wife commented "well, she ain't no princess" after we powered through some some moderate mud like it was nothing. I'll have to find some more challenging terrain.

Overall we are very impressed and we love it as our new family daily driver. For us, this 16 month journey was worth the wait but we know we were fortunate to have gotten it already.

(Excessive Text Below)

First impressions:
-For anyone who enjoys stick shift, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is peppy in first through third and when you get into boost it will put a smile on. I drove the v6 at the off rodeo; I still think they should offer the v6 (or bigger) with the 7 speed, but this will be great until that day comes. No Regrets whatsoever choosing the stick shift.

-Crawler gear is awesome. Be careful, you can launch yourself in 4L

-I had a cactus grey order-holder approach us unsolicited telling us she is changing her order to Race Red. Color really Pops in direct sun and I have yet to see another one in my color. I think there is enough black on the vehicle to make it work well.

-33" BFG A/T (AKA at the Off-Rodeo as "The Small Tires") on the Badlands are fantastic offroad, grippy and quiet on road. I've had these on my other trucks so I had no concerns. I think proportionally when you see in person the 33s look great.

-FYI the Ford spare tire covers do fit on stock Badlands tires but I doubt if you could go much bigger. Let me know if anyone wants pics or info

-MIC top 2.0 is nice. Front coming off is great for little kids to be in shade in the back while we have the open air. It is a little tricky to get in and out of the roof rails TBH. Kind of have to close the main latch and then shift it a bit towards back to get it out. The rooftop bag I recommend, slides right in the back and protects the panels.

-Got seat covers for under the kids' carseats. I think i would also recommend these because the MGV is so nice I'd hate to have the carseats damage them when you tighten them down

-Bike Rack; my dealer ordered both the Yakima and the Thule from the Bronco accessories catalog and said we could pick one since he didn't know which one would work to open the back gate with the rack on. Well, short answer is neither at the moment, even with the accessory hitch extension in the catalog; the tire on the back hits it before you can open the glass (even with rack folded down). We took the Thule rack home because we can use it on our 96 if we can't get it to work, but if anyone has any suggestions or has figured this out let me know. I am thinking about getting a longer hitch extension than the one in the catalog may work, I have to take some measurements. Overall this is kind of a fail IMO. I will post update when I mess with it some more.

-Feels smaller inside than my 96 but still very comfortable

-I ended up getting the high pkg as a last min impulse buy. All the tech is a little overwhelming sometimes TBH but I can see how most of it might be useful. It will take a while to get used to.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but I want to thank my dealer for absolutely no BS and answering/putting up with all my questions for this long process. I also want to thank this community for all the info and pics to help make this journey a little easier. Been waiting 25 years for a new Bronco, and it was worth the wait!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful!! Congrats! This is so exciting. Now get out there and drive.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The day finally arrived for our family and our Race Red 7MT Badlands finally arrived from Dirt Mountain this past week. We picked her up in the old 96 (since I foolishly had sold my daily driver back in July when I got a build notice the first time). Took her out for some light wheeling yesterday, my wife commented "well, she ain't no princess" after we powered through some some moderate mud like it was nothing. I'll have to find some more challenging terrain.

Overall we are very impressed and we love it as our new family daily driver. For us, this 16 month journey was worth the wait but we know we were fortunate to have gotten it already.

(Excessive Text Below)
First impressions:
-For anyone who enjoys stick shift, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is peppy in first through third and when you get into boost it will put a smile on. I drove the v6 at the off rodeo; I still think they should offer the v6 (or bigger) with the 7 speed, but this will be great until that day comes. No Regrets whatsoever choosing the stick shift.

-I had a cactus grey order-holder approach us unsolicited telling us she is changing her order to Race Red. Color really Pops in direct sun and I have yet to see another one in my color. I think there is enough black on the vehicle to make it work well.

-33" BFG A/T (AKA at the Off-Rodeo as "The Small Tires") on the Badlands are fantastic offroad, grippy and quiet on road. I've had these on my other trucks so I had no concerns. I think proportionally when you see in person the 33s look great.

-FYI the Ford spare tire covers do fit on stock Badlands tires but I doubt if you could go much bigger. Let me know if anyone wants pics or info

-MIC top 2.0 is nice. Front coming off is great for little kids to be in shade in the back while we have the open air. It is a little tricky to get in and out of the roof rails TBH. Kind of have to close the main latch and then shift it a bit towards back to get it out. The rooftop bag I recommend, slides right in the back and protects the panels.

-Got seat covers for under the kids' carseats. I think i would also recommend these because the MGV is so nice I'd hate to have the carseats damage them when you tighten them down

-Bike Rack; my dealer ordered both the Yakima and the Thule from the Bronco accessories catalog and said we could pick one since he didn't know which one would work to open the back gate with the rack on. Well, short answer is neither at the moment, even with the accessory hitch extension in the catalog; the tire on the back hits it before you can open the glass (even with rack folded down). We took the Thule rack home because we can use it on our 96 if we can't get it to work, but if anyone has any suggestions or has figured this out let me know. I am thinking about getting a longer hitch extension than the one in the catalog may work, I have to take some measurements. Overall this is kind of a fail IMO. I will post update when I mess with it some more.

-I ended up getting the high pkg as a last min impulse buy. All the tech is a little overwhelming sometimes TBH but I can see how most of it might be useful. It will take a while to get used to.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but I want to thank my dealer for absolutely no BS and answering/putting up with all my questions for this long process. I also want to thank this community for all the info and pics to help make this journey a little easier. Been waiting 25 years for a new Bronco, and it was worth the wait!
I need to go take some good pictures of my outer banks and my 86. I think they are about the same length, just narrower on the new one.

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

(Excessive Text Below)
First impressions:

Congrats! I love seeing that you picked up your new one with your “older” Bronco! I did the same! Mines a 1989 I bought in 1999! How long have you owned your 93? Glad to see you are enjoying both!

774B0E70-6191-4E89-BB49-1331385CAF81.jpeg

00365A9D-8CDB-402A-8B7A-E328F84E1DB1.jpeg

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What rack did you try from Yakima? I was looking at the Yakima Exo for when my Bronco shows up. Most likely will need an extension. The Exo swings out and I’ve seen Jeeps use that rack.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 00365A9D-8CDB-402A-8B7A-E328F84E1DB1
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 00365A9D-8CDB-402A-8B7A-E328F84E1DB1

(Excessive Text Below)

First impressions:

Very nice. Red pops! Not available on the Base, so I had to go another way. Surprised to hear about the rack issue. Good luck with that.

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I agree on the 33’s and how they look. At the stop here in Omaha, most thought the Badlands they had there were Sasquatch. The stock 33’s give an aggressive stance, and serve the purpose of daily driver (I’m an outside sales guy). I was on the fence on MGV, mainly due to the unknown of how hot they are going to get. The look and feel is awesome.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very nice. Red pops! Not available on the Base, so I had to go another way. Surprised to hear about the rack issue. Good luck with that.
It is for ‘22 👍🏻😁

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh...Where's the pics??? 🤔
LOL sorry never been a kiss and tell kinda guy. 😂

Here is one though:
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211022_165029_resized

I will start a build thread in that section after I get around to installing the pod lights I have sitting in my office (hopefully next weekend). When I do it will pictures as well.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome dude, nice hearing from another 3 pedal fan. We are looking to get the BL 7MT in Eruption Green, probably with the lux package to get ACC. Dealer told us not to expect it prior to October ’22. I guess we’ll need to bide our time with my daughter’s Bronco in the meantime.
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait E624150A-52B9-4415-8650-BC96AF0C4320

Deleted member 13702

That’s a great color! You mentioned taking the tops off and storing them in the back, how has that been as far as taking up storage room.

Do you feel that if you were on a road trip with the back filled with gear you could still squeeze them in? Just trying to get a feel for how large they are and how much space they require.

Anyway, congrats. I am jealous.

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I love seeing that you picked up your new one with your “older” Bronco! I did the same! Mines a 1989 I bought in 1999! How long have you owned your 93? Glad to see you are enjoying both!

Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait E624150A-52B9-4415-8650-BC96AF0C4320

That 89 is friggin sweet, my first Bronco was same gen an 87 in the red and tan, it was an awesome truck. Got my 96 about 10 years ago for $4K. My dealer wanted to buy it for $20k+, I said no deal! New one looks amazing too BTW, enjoy.
Sponsored