First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel it would be helpful for others to see what different people have experienced in the timeline for the production of their Bronco, particularly as Ford tries to get their mess under control. Here I will share mine thus far. Others that differ should share there's with at least as much detail. It's the detail that helps people and it may spot a trend. I've posted this in the 5/9 week thread as that is my week, but also 5/16, but I feel like this would help everyone.

Production Line Photos - Only Reservation Holders are intended to receive them and they are coming late these days.

Rotation number is the number used in the plant to sequence the vehicles through. That is the big number next to your blend date. It starts over at 9999 and Ford Rangers are also on the same line so you can't really sequence against other broncos directly.

Place in line number on the right of the slash indicates if you will get built on your blend day. Numbers around 800 mean their scheduling for that blend day covers just one day. Numbers over 800 mean they are scheduling for 2 days to get those vehicles built. I don't know why they do one or the other, but they have been.

My sequence
  • I found my VIN by calling ford on 3/16/2022
  • The sales guy was telling me I was set for build week 5/9.
  • Receive Scheduled Email from Ford 5/2
  • Window Sticker available 5/4 - I saw my blend date was 5/9
  • Modules Popped on 5/10
  • Received Built Email from Ford 5/11
  • Received Shipped Email from Ford 5/12
  • Rail to Minneapolis - Blue Island IL 5/15 10:30pm

My Rotation number was 7767, and my place in line was 648/1714 which means two days of the building were happening for that one blend day.

So,
  • Window Sticker available to Blend day = 5 days
  • Blend Day to Modules Popped = 1 day
  • Blend Day to Built email = 2 days
  • Blend Day to Shipped Email = 3 days

My build is a 2door base manual bronco with sasquatch, switches, and roof rack. Other than the roof rack it is the easiest thing to build.

Keep in Mind the BLEND DATE is very near the endpoint of the vehicle. It's when the cabin and the frame are bolted together.

What makes a build slow?
I dunno. Most of the mid or lux-level stuff is handled in the cabin and frame when they aren't connected. So various level stuff shouldn't affect anything after the Blend Date. Maybe some are missing their blend date because of that?

Also, QA checks can slow you down. They can pull a bronco off the line and run a series of checks on it, and that can add a week to your built vehicle getting shipped.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have at least three constraints (hard-top, advanced 4wd, front lockers) so no its not one of the easiest builds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have at least three constraints (hard-top, advanced 4wd, front lockers) so no its not one of the easiest builds.
Actually, it's not one of the easiest to get scheduled due to supply constraints. But it shouldn't be difficult to build once it is scheduled.
Scheduling identifies what resources are available and what orders will use up those resources.

We are past the point where they suddenly figure out they can't deliver built equipment with a part. We are past the point where they don't complete trucks because they ran out of the chips (they re-engineered it all). Unless a new resource problem has shown up (i.e. they had planned on having 100 front lockers, but they found 2 bad ones when uncrating them) scheduled items should be built.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm at 122 days since blend date and still not built.
Specifics would be very helpful, that allows others to say, hey, I have that same date but mine is built.
What is the spec of the bronco you ordered. What was your blend date. Whats the current status? Did you get a scheduled email, when? Did you get a window sticker, when?

Anything you can share in detail helps others.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Specifics would be very helpful, that allows others to say, hey, I have that same date but mine is built.
What is the spec of the bronco you ordered. What was your blend date. Whats the current status? Did you get a scheduled email, when? Did you get a window sticker, when?

Anything you can share in detail helps others.
Mate, I'm on dirtmountain for 122 days, and counting. That's the only detail that matters.

BD 2.3 7MT MIC roof rack tow

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mate, I'm on dirtmountain for 122 days, and counting. That's the only detail that matters.

BD 2.3 7MT MIC roof rack tow
What status does a dirtmountain vehicle show in tracking? In Production?, Built?
Sponsored