Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Lethal Performance 4 door first edition Bronco made its way down the drag strip last night for the first time. Now before everyone get all crazy we FULLY understand that the 2021 Ford Bronco isn't designed to be drag raced. However we were curious what times the bronco would run with the all new calibration from Whipple Superchargers. Our Bronco is a 4 door first edition Sasquatch package with the hard top roof and was run at full weight with the spare tire still mounted to the tailgate. We made several attempts taking it down the strip starting off in 2wd where it simply blew the tires off. Switched to 4wd and foot braked it a few time where it still either spun the tires or made the bronco hop. A few low 15 second passes were made. With a few minutes left of our private rental I foot braked the truck again but not nearly as hard as the earlier runs where it blew the tires off. The bronco hopped a tad but I stayed in it. As I saw the best 60ft of the night on the board I kept in it. After coming back down to the pits I was greeted by our sales manager with a 14 second pass. The only performance modifications to our Bronco at the time of the run was the Whipple Supercharger's 50 state legal calibration and Roush axleback exhaust. For those not familiar with the Whipple calibration they are the only company to offer a full flash calibration. Their calibration gets loaded onto the Tomahawk flash device where it's then flashed onto the bronco. The device has the ability to read/clear dtc's, datalog, adjust for axle ratio and tire size changes. Not only did we pick up 50rwhp and 80rwtq from their calibration it also disabled that annoying auto start/stop feature.

Ford Bronco Our First Edition 4 Door 2.7L Bronco Hits the Drag Strip with the Whipple Calibration! 71d74870-55e8-4856-ba7b-85937c9b4604-jpe
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn, I wasn’t expecting the launch to be so violent. Nice work!
Thanks!!!
I'm sure with a little more work I could have done better but we really just did it for fun. I was busy racing our Whipple powered 2020 GT500 and our 2021 Whipple Powered F150 last night. Figured once I was done with those we'd take the Bronco down the strip to see what it could do.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What kind of 60ft times was it getting?

Here's my 2012 Turbocharged JKU at the track a few years ago.
Ford Bronco Our First Edition 4 Door 2.7L Bronco Hits the Drag Strip with the Whipple Calibration! 71D74870-55E8-4856-BA7B-85937C9B4604
2.04 was the best I could get out of it. I believe I attempted 4-5 passes total. A few times I tried to foot brake it hard off of the convertor and it loaded up, spun or bucked really bad. Then took it easy and it wouldn't 60. The pass in the video was the last pass of the night where I foot braked it a little lower in the rpms before it loaded up too much.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When's the intercooler coming?
They're in route from Whipple's intercooler manufacturer. Hoping to see one show up here shortly after the new year. We'll keep everyone posted once I get confirmation of it shipping from Whipple to us.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the video.
ESPECIALLY since it was to the point and not too looooong.
Nice!

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the video.
ESPECIALLY since it was to the point and not too looooong.
Nice!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. More to come!!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Lethal Performance 4 door first edition Bronco made its way down the drag strip last night for the first time. Now before everyone get all crazy we FULLY understand that the 2021 Ford Bronco isn't designed to be drag raced. However we were curious what times the bronco would run with the all new calibration from Whipple Superchargers. Our Bronco is a 4 door first edition Sasquatch package with the hard top roof and was run at full weight with the spare tire still mounted to the tailgate. We made several attempts taking it down the strip starting off in 2wd where it simply blew the tires off. Switched to 4wd and foot braked it a few time where it still either spun the tires or made the bronco hop. A few low 15 second passes were made. With a few minutes left of our private rental I foot braked the truck again but not nearly as hard as the earlier runs where it blew the tires off. The bronco hopped a tad but I stayed in it. As I saw the best 60ft of the night on the board I kept in it. After coming back down to the pits I was greeted by our sales manager with a 14 second pass. The only performance modifications to our Bronco at the time of the run was the Whipple Supercharger's 50 state legal calibration and Roush axleback exhaust. For those not familiar with the Whipple calibration they are the only company to offer a full flash calibration. Their calibration gets loaded onto the Tomahawk flash device where it's then flashed onto the bronco. The device has the ability to read/clear dtc's, datalog, adjust for axle ratio and tire size changes. Not only did we pick up 50rwhp and 80rwtq from their calibration it also disabled that annoying auto start/stop feature.

Ford Bronco Our First Edition 4 Door 2.7L Bronco Hits the Drag Strip with the Whipple Calibration! 71D74870-55E8-4856-BA7B-85937C9B4604
A little slow on the R/T 😉

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A little slow on the R/T 😉
lol. Funny thing is that I never look at the tree. Just the staging lights as I know I’m only racing against myself.

Here’s a pass I made the same night in my Whipple powered 2020 GT500 CFTP. Still the same laziness with the R/T but I’ll take the rest of the time slip any day of the week. Lol
Ford Bronco Our First Edition 4 Door 2.7L Bronco Hits the Drag Strip with the Whipple Calibration! E5ED99A9-9853-417D-8CE4-C15590DBAE48
Sponsored