Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been harping on this for a month. There is no way the rear legroom is identical at 36". The volume numbers clearly say otherwise. Ive raised this question in various Q&As, but it sounds like nobody wants to contradict FoMoCos released numbers. I feel so strong about this, that i've convinced myself that the 4 door backseat is bigger than the 36.3" rear legroom advertised, and i've no longer flagged it as a concern.

The funky numbers could just be a product of how the measurements call out for the positioning of the front seats (given thats the only variable given the B-Pillars are pushed back on the 2 door).
Would also explain why the 2-door rear seats are tilted at an angle when folded, versus the 4-door rear seat folding near flat. The 4-door must have more legroom. Period. My OCD can't take all these conflicting numbers and information. Sorry, but not bringing a tape measure along was a huge missed opportunity.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Either way Badlands + 7MT can put wheels with more backspace and 35’s on later and would just need wider “high clearance” flares or maybe aftermarket armored ones.
The critical thing here would be the change in backspace, depending on state inspection laws. In MA there is some limit as to how far your tires stuck out past the fender (20 years ago it was about 2" but am not sure now).

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, in the Youtube video just posted for the 4-door Outerbanks model they show the rear window being removed with just an easy push of a button. Pretty cool. You can see it here:
Thanks for sharing this video! That's such a cool feature. I've seen LR Defenders (old ones of course) with the back window able to be swapped out for a storage bay.

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, in the Youtube video just posted for the 4-door Outerbanks model they show the rear window being removed with just an easy push of a button. Pretty cool. You can see it here:

I’m not sure why I would ever want to remove just the back glass in the hardtop. Do you guys think that that is a good option?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would also explain why the 2-door rear seats are tilted at an angle when folded, versus the 4-door rear seat folding near flat. The 4-door must have more legroom. Period. My OCD can't take all these conflicting numbers and information. Sorry, but not bringing a tape measure along was a huge missed opportunity.
Just editted my previous response and added this (which helps prove it out):

The difference of volume of behind the front row and second row imply rear seat volume of:
2 dr - 28.7 cubic feet
4 dr - 42.0 cubic feet

So thats a 32% loss over the 4dr.

Lets look at the width difference to back into the length -

Comparing rear hip - 43.3" vs 54.8" = 21% loss
or comparing rear shoulder - 51.8" vs 56.5" = 8% loss

So figure as a midpoint between hip and shoulder, is a 15% loss in width. The rest of the 32% loss in volume MUST come from legroom. The 4 door legroom should definitely be longer than the 2 dr. Not identical at 36.3"

Last edited:

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of the anti Squatchers can shut it now. 10mm of wheel travel amounts to less than 13/32 of an inch...right around .4 inches. Everyone bitching about lost wheel travel are not going to notice that amount on the trail. I'm going full send for the Squatch, maybe even throw in velocity blue.

Thanks for doing this Q&A for us!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure why I would ever want to remove just the back glass in the hardtop. Do you guys think that that is a good option?
When the top is on my FJ40, I wish I could remove the back glass for more air flow, so I gotta say I'd absolutely remove the glass if the day's weather didn't warrant a full top removal.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with some of these answers mentioning more details "closer to launch" how is Ford defining "Launch"?

Is Launch when we place orders in December or when vehicles actually start coming out in June?

Logically, these are the kinds of details we should have prior to placing an order, but it seems odd that so much is uncertain if Launch is December. Slightly unnerving.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 2-door seats fold just as flat as in the 4-door. The method is completely different though. The seat bottom on the 2-door tumbles forward and the seat back folds down. The headrest folds backward to allow it to fold flat. The 4-door seat bottoms are connected at the hip area to the seat back and slide forward and drop into the footwell when the seat back is lowered. I agree that 4-door will have some additional legroom over the 2-door.

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I was told that the Sasquatch basically gets you wheels/tires on a Badlands.
So will the Sasquatch package still cost the same amount to apply to a Badlands as it would on a lower model when all you are getting is wheels/tires?

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So will the Sasquatch package still cost the same amount to apply to a Badlands as it would on a lower model when all you are getting is wheels/tires?
Was confirmed in the Twitter Q&A that it would be discounted on higher models. Variable pricing on it IIRC.

TXAG

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s unfortunate they won’t commit to a white top option.
They did such a great design basing it off the 1st generation bronco.

I would hate for them to screw that up by not offering a white hard top.

I guess I can always have it painted. But come on ford, do the right thing here.
Ford has also flaunted a white top in the release and with pics all over their site. They have got to just be holding this as an ace in the hole for later on to generate some more hype...maybe...I hope...
Sponsored