Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was really expecting more. That’s not much of a loss at all. I was planning on staying with the 33s on the badlands for the extra travel but if it’s that little I might as well get 35’s later.

I wonder if that just comes from longer bump stops or if it’s a spacer on top of the coils.
My guess is the bump stop because it would be an easier install/swap.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe both. What I am not clear on is if you go up 20 are you limiting across the suspension by half = 10 or would that double across?

If double, then yes, just a bump stop.

Either way Badlands + 7MT can put wheels with more backspace and 35’s on later and would just need wider “high clearance” flares or maybe aftermarket armored ones.
Again, just speculation until we get more info, but increasing preload on the springs would limit travel but give a harsher ride and I doubt that's the way they would do it from the factory. It seems the badlands has the same suspension but without the limited articulation. Hard to tell if that 10mm limit is just uptravel or includes droop.

My guess, and only a guess, is they are set up the same with just a mechanical block to limit upward travel, like a taller bumpstop.

Either way, I think the Badlands with the MT would be a great platform for 35s.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My understanding is the 4 piece is the T-top over the front seats, a single piece over the second row seats, and the entire cargo area.

The 6 piece is the exact same setup, but the 2 additional pieces are the 2 removable rear side windows.
Which is an extra I don't need, which means more money saved for me. If I feel the need to take out the back windows, I'll remove the whole dang top. You want a square to look out of, or do you want the open air experience baby?! I would like my regular hardtop to be black though with the Velocity Blue exterior.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking at this picture confirms what I saw when I measured it. There’s a lot more than 2 1/2’ of depth on the 4-door. It’s closer to 3 1/2’ deep.
I’d have to measure my JKUR, but I don’t think it is much deeper than 3 feet, and the 4 dr Bronco has less volume behind the rear seat than the JKU does, so 2.5 may be close, and also might be the measurement at the top of the seat vs the bottom (though 2 feet on the 2 dr is certainly at the bottom you would think.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree, clearly looks like an additional 16" to 18" in the 4 door, so this would make the 4 door 40" vs the 2 door 24"

So based on the volume, with 50% increase, that would make the 4 door 36" vs the 2 door at 24"

So averaging the two estimates the 4 door would be 38" vs the 2 door 24", or an increase of at least 14" and maybe as much as 18", if it turns out to be 42".

(from another enginerd)
Just to throw my hat in the ring, this seems way more accurate to me. The 4-door bronco has a very similar cargo area to a Jeep 4 door. And there is a significant length increase over what we’ve seen in the 2 door just based on that.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait isn't trail control included in all autos anyways? Or is it only on higher trims? If it is included then that's the worst kind of stock deflection answer there is. "Some of these"?

Words are starting to fail me
Yep, every trim level with the auto gets Trail Control.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the cargo space between the 2 and 4 door is practically the same, that might just make me switch back to the 2 door.

What am I gaining besides doors and greater shoulder room for people in the back on the 4 door?
You get 3 person back seat instead of 2, ability to put the doors in the back, and the available slide out tailgate option... Oh and a Soft top option. And I don't recall but isn't there something about Power Seats only available in 4 door?

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The RS wasn't available for AXZ
Right, but what I'm saying is that RS was mechanically different than any other Focus, so I get the no AXZ. But the FE??? It's just a hodge podge

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Outer Banks Bronco’s interior looks mint. ?

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event DA4C9D20-54A0-4309-B910-B73ADF9E5925
Man it does look nice, I didn’t even notice it until I read your post! I was busy looking at the sun rider top. I’m really glad to hear in the video Ford is using Best Top to make these, which means the soft top is probably also made by Best Top! I‘m anxiously waiting for the P&B to see if I can justify the dual top price so I can have the hard top for Winter and soft top Spring through Summer!

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven’t gone through all the posts yet, but first impressions

1. Why on earth did they do separate stampings for the carpet vs rubber floors? How on earth is that cost effective? I suspect that the aftermarket will now Be the go-to for rubber floor conversions.

2. Bummer about the removable windows being locked to the painted hardtop, for those planning on a base 2 door this means getting this one feature will cost $6-7k (upgrade to big bend, plus the upgrade cost itself), I wonder if I can get my dealer to just order a modular hardtop by itself as a replacement part at some point ? gotta be cheaper than $6k... I hope (This may be the way to go for the white top crew as well, order it separately as a “repair part” then have it painted)

3. 2 door packaging, the fact that they managed to get roughly the same legroom as the 4 door, and still have ~2ft of storage is pretty awesome, definitely solidifies the 2 door for me.

4. The Sasquatch travel is only limited by 10mm ?????

5. No change in swing door for Sasquatch package means that upgrading to 35s on any of these models will not require an aftermarket tire carrier.

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10mm of lost wheel travel with Squatch. lol
10mm isn’t even a 1/2 in. That’s nothing, right?? Unless I’m missing something here? I was worried about squatching because if giving up too much travel. But now I think I gotta squatch! Would rather have the addition clearance (and looks, of course ?), than 0.4 in more of travel.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I almost want to "downgrade" to the Sport. Pretty cool looking machine.
right?? and you can get more for your money in terms of upgrades...
Sponsored