Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see why it would necessarily have to cost extra unless Ford just wants to exploit the demand.
I’m strictly speculating but anytime you see a black package it 2k-5k, so I assume it’s the same for white. Time will tell

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because i haven't seen it mentioned, has the quality of the ride/comfort been brought up?

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One would think

Modular on the two door means both the rear windows and the weird oval come out
OK, I'm gonna be a Word Nerd here, and I know a lot of folks get the general idea with the roof already. But "modular" generally means something has been designed to fit into a space with same-sized parts. Often, it's a grid-built space. Sometimes they are interchangeable. But for the Bronco, the overall idea is just to make it easier to swap in or out other pieces. I think it is well illustrated by the Sunrider, as you remove two of the square modules (the roof panels) and swap in one rectangular panel (the Sunrider) equal to the two you took out. Bottom line for us is how easily swappable/removeable the panels are and how it promotes development of accessories in the aftermarket.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I'm gonna be a Word Nerd here, and I know a lot of folks get the general idea with the roof already. But "modular" generally means something has been designed to fit into a space with same-sized parts. Often, it's a grid-built space. Sometimes they are interchangeable. But for the Bronco, the overall idea is just to make it easier to swap in or out other pieces. I think it is well illustrated by the Sunrider, as you remove two of the square modules (the roof panels) and swap in one rectangular panel (the Sunrider) equal to the two you took out. Bottom line for us is how easily swappable/removeable the panels are and how it promotes development of accessories in the aftermarket.

i think the US Navy has a pretty different definition for modular when ship building.
for example, the latest submarines are modular

construc.jpg

"Newport News will build the bow, stern, sail, and selected forward modules for each submarine, while Electric Boat will build the hull cylinders, the engine room modules, and the command and control system module. Both shipbuilders will fabricate reactor compartments for the ships they assemble."

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think the US Navy has a pretty different definition for modular when ship building.
for example, the latest submarines are modular

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event construc

"Newport News will build the bow, stern, sail, and selected forward modules for each submarine, while Electric Boat will build the hull cylinders, the engine room modules, and the command and control system module. Both shipbuilders will fabricate reactor compartments for the ships they assemble."
Similar, actually, in that one design has elements fabricated by different companies. The Navy standardizes the specs of a given module, and the private companies build and deliver based on that. Different in scope, of course. But using Ford's definition of the specs for a standard module, I'm hoping third-party companies come up with even better accessories than are already out there for Jeep.

PapaJoeBRONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s the benefit to having no windows in the cargo area, just a safari look?
Having the side glass out allows you to drive with front panels of top off but not get your ears punished with the air vibrations from the trapped air in the back of the rig. >> Ventilaton > Flow through = awesome!

Reactions: JT1

PapaJoeBRONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're running an automatic the Sasquatch package will give you the 4.7 final drive ratio. Otherwise you'll have the 4.46.
Good point. That is a Pro... AND a Con.
Sponsored