Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wondering if any of you have purchased a new bronco out of state? I found a special ordered same as mine and the buyer backed out. I put a deposit, received a buyers order, and I am headed out tomorrow to pick up the vehicle. The dealership wants the down payment wired today so there are no hangups tomorrow, but the bank says as long as it's ordered before 12pm everything will hit same day. I am hesitant to wire the money before seeing the vehicle in person, but the dealership says I can still back out if I choose not to purchase.
Have any of you done this and if so, would you do it today before the cut off or wait until the morning of after seeing the Bronco in person?
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thatā€™s what we did, out of state. I Flew from Florida to Vermont and drove it back. This dealer only asked for a credit app. I gave my down payment when I arrived. They were good to go, seemed to have no worries whether Iā€™d show or not. I also wasnā€™t worrying about backing out, we knew what we wanted.

Ewebster

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine holding a product for someone who seems interested in your product. You tell other serious buyers it's already sold and off the market. Then when the day comes that the original buyer is supposed to get there and they never show up. You contact them numerous times and still no answer or reply. You'd be pissed right? Not saying this is you, but as a show of good faith, they ask you to place a deposit to hold that vehicle for you so no one else buys it and so they know you are serious. I see no problem with it.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Imagine holding a product for someone who seems interested in your product. You tell other serious buyers it's already sold and off the market. Then when the day comes that the original buyer is supposed to get there and they never show up. You contact them numerous times and still no answer or reply. You'd be pissed right? Not saying this is you, but as a show of good faith, they ask you to place a deposit to hold that vehicle for you so no one else buys it and so they know you are serious. I see no problem with it.
I've already put down the deposit and I've sent them my flight info receipt for them to have a driver pick me up from the airport, so I feel like that should be a pretty good indication I'm purchasing. More wondering if anyone has ever had issues wiring same day.

Last edited:
Reactions: djp
OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s what we did, out of state. I Flew from Florida to Vermont and drove it back. This dealer only asked for a credit app. I gave my down payment when I arrived. They were good to go, seemed to have no worries whether Iā€™d show or not. I also wasnā€™t worrying about backing out, we knew what we wanted.
Did you wire money the day you arrived? Were there any issues with the wire taking a long time?

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why does it worry you? It's a new vehicle and per your own description it matches your order.

Ewebster

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've already put down the deposit and I've sent them my flight info receipt for them to have a driver pick me up from the airport, so I feel like that should be good enough. A hefty down payment before I arrive worries me.
I wouldnt be as worried. They already promised you that the down payment isn't binding when it comes to actually buying the vehicle. If you don't like it, they can easily give you your money back. It's just to hold the vehicle for you. Nothing crazy. Be glad your not buying a C8 Corvette. Some dealerships required a $10K down payment in order to even place a order. On top of you having to wait 2-4 years for the vehicle to even be made.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you learn of the vehicle? If you contacted them, are sure of your contact information as a reputable dealer, and the destination for the wire transfer is verified as the dealer your working with, I don't think I'd be concerned with sending them the down payment.... if there are red flags on any of those items, I wouldn't do it.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you wire money the day you arrived? Were there any issues with the wire taking a long time?
No, I used my debit card but I did have to call my bank to have them raise my daily limit on my debit card though. It was $3k, so that would have gotten me declined.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
put it on your credit card .. like 1k. If you get there and there are issues then just call your credit card company and they will handle it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I used my debit card but I did have to call my bank to have them raise my daily limit on my debit card though. It was $3k, so that would have gotten me declined.
Oh, I've already put the deposit on my credit card. They've already ran a credit check. This would be strictly to wire the down payment. What did you use to purchase the vehicle?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought my Gladiator out of state. That dealer took a credit card for a deposit and the whole deal went through very smoothly. 5 star service.

Iā€™m always nervous about wire transferring money for two reasons: First, itā€˜s like giving somebody cash and second - I always wonder *WHY* anybody would demand a wire transfer as opposed to other (more safer) methods to send money these days. Of which there are MANY.

Really it all boils down to if you trust the guy or not. If you do - send him the money and go get your Bronco. But if your spidey-senses are tingling, stick to your guns and risk losing the Bronco.

I donā€™t even want to think back on that sickening feeling Iā€™ve had in the past when I just KNEW I shouldnā€™t do it, but talked myself into doing it anyway. And later got burned.

Like my first ex-wife. [shudders]

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if any of you have purchased a new bronco out of state? I found a special ordered same as mine and the buyer backed out. I put a deposit, received a buyers order, and I am headed out tomorrow to pick up the vehicle. The dealership wants the down payment wired today so there are no hangups tomorrow, but the bank says as long as it's ordered before 12pm everything will hit same day. I am hesitant to wire the money before seeing the vehicle in person, but the dealership says I can still back out if I choose not to purchase.
Have any of you done this and if so, would you do it today before the cut off or wait until the morning of after seeing the Bronco in person?
I bough an Audi out of state 6 years ago. Went and saw the Audi first thing in the morning and had the wire sent after I was fully committed. You can check with your bank, but typically, wire transfer instructions received by your bank by 2:00 p.m. (eastern) are honored same day (usually just minutes). Now, when I bought that Audi, the geniuses in the wire transfer department at BofA put a stop on my wire for possible fraud (just because of the size of the transfer) and did not call t tell me about it. So, it ended up taking over an hour for me to get the wire through when it would normally take 10 minutes or so. I would not feel comfortable wiring full purchase price on something I had not seen and was ready to drive away with. That's me personally, but its also a good business practice, in general.

OP
OP
Shesadragon

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you learn of the vehicle? If you contacted them, are sure of your contact information as a reputable dealer, and the destination for the wire transfer is verified as the dealer your working with, I don't think I'd be concerned with sending them the down payment.... if there are red flags on any of those items, I wouldn't do it.
It's a ford dealership and I was checking every day for it to come in to see if the buyer backed out and they did. It is a reputable small town dealership. I just wasn't sure why they wanted me to wire the down payment before I get there if Ive already put down a deposit. I'm assuming it's so that we can sign and I can get the car the same day. I am staying to see friends for a few days, so if it didn't go through that first day, I could still pick it up the next day.

It has already been test driven and bunch and the weather mats are muddy and theres scuffs on the doors, so I wanted to check everything out before pulling a hefty wire transfer. I do realize they can detail it, but I've never made a purchase this large site unseen.

Last edited:

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, I've already put the deposit on my credit card. They've already ran a credit check. This would be strictly to wire the down payment. What did you use to purchase the vehicle?
I used my debit for the down payment and we financed the rest. Your deposit should come off the agreed down payment, I mean you can always add to it of course. You should be able to use your debit card if you are going to wire it, unless itā€™s cash then just deposit into your bank account.
Sponsored