Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were they supposed to choose the 2021 Bronco that doesn’t exist yet. There’s always next year...
Sponsored

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP: I wouldn't say you are out of touch but there are a LOT of people with serious money out there. A lot of people. $80k is nothing.

I've been on a waiting list for a $200k car for two years with money down at three different dealerships. I wasn't given any of the first years round of allocations because other people are willing to pay $50k over sticker. I was bumped down the list because I refused to pay above MSRP on a car that is that expensive even though I was first on the list at two dealerships. Really frustrating. There will only be about 3000 total of these cars made over the next two years though.

I am just happy that I know I will get a Bronco at some point.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the 50 to 60k asking price for a well equipped Bronco is about 20 to 30k too much. So yes, the Defender is way overpriced, in my humble, blue collar, single household income opinion. That said... I'm still getting a Bronco.
You get an entry LEVEL vehicle for 20-30 thousand these days. The bronco lacks refinement in some areas but excels in many. It’s adaptability and easy of modification is a feature found in only a few vehicles. It is unique and I LIKE unique!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the question is, how good of an off-roader will the loaner that they have to give you be when your new defender spends half its life in the shop?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

62 for a 2001 RR
Yep, and the HSE started out at 68K.

I think they changed the design around 2003, and that was more the 70-80’s range, whereas the 2001 model closely resembled the ‘96 design

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP: I wouldn't say you are out of touch but there are a LOT of people with serious money out there. A lot of people. $80k is nothing.

I've been on a waiting list for a $200k car for two years with money down at three different dealerships. I wasn't given any of the first years round of allocations because other people are willing to pay $50k over sticker. I was bumped down the list because I refused to pay above MSRP on a car that is that expensive even though I was first on the list at two dealerships. Really frustrating. There will only be about 3000 total of these cars made over the next two years though.

I am just happy that I know I will get a Bronco at some point.
80k is nothing, but you won’t pay 50k ADM.

I mean shit, it’s just 50k!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm about to spend close to $60k on a FORD that doesn't even have leather or power seats, no option for a roof that can match the color of the body, can't bear the weight of a large child on the top, and can barely tow a canoe... so yeah, I can imagine $80k for an optioned out Defender.

Maybe the Bronco will get consideration next year. I'm not sure of the rules, but would guess that you would actually have to be in production by the time the car is reviewed to be in consideration. If not, at least be willing to hand over a version that is baked enough to give to evaluators at the car mags.
The “rules” for Motor Trend Car of the Year are that whoever commits to the highest advertising budget with them for the year wins.
Seriously. It has nothing to do with comparisons or being the best.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah- 80K, waaay out of my price range to the point I am not interested, intrigued at all. My price point is 40K- which is stretching it to the extreme and beyond maximum to get my Base Sas. Anymore than 40K and I'm out. My 2019 Silverado 4 X 4 Double Cab I got for a steal and it set me back 28K- brand new. That was even stretching it.