Sponsored

Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board)

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I received and installed my Trailgater yesterday and figured I'd put up a few pics.

Mine showed up with a two tone cutting board, rather than the single light color board seen in all the photos. I was really happy to see it as I think it looks much better than the other one.

Install was straightforward and easy. A 1-2 beer job. No drill is a big plus. Instructions were pretty good too. A couple notes though - they include washers for all the screws, but don't mention them anywhere and the installation photos show the screws w/out washers. I went ahead and used them. My release pins were also not screwed in all the way from factory and wouldn't hold the table closed. Easy fix, just screw them in the rest of the way. They also forgot to include the foam backing strips that go in between the table and tailgate. Fortunately I had just enough laying around the garage from another project. The cutting board could be more secure too, it has a fair bit of wobble to it when slid out all the way. Maybe this was intentional to make it slide in and out easier, idk.

I know that sounds like a lot of complaints, but I'm actually really happy with it overall. I think it looks fantastic, and I love that it's adjustable for different angles so you can have it level regardless of your Broncos suspension/load setup. As a whole it's well built and IMO worth the money. I would buy this one again over the others on the market. My tailgate finally no longer looks like it's missing something.

Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) 20220712_070419
Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) 20220712_070426
Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) 20220712_070547
Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) 20220712_070445
Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) 20220712_070457
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very happy with mine as well. Initially I bought the Roughcountry piece of rebranded garbage. It rattled like hell and was too small to fit most anything on.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the appearance of the cutting board. This was one of the tables I had on my list to consider.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd pay extra for the two-tone wood grain versus the uniform blond grain that they show. I think you made out for the better on the deal. Looks good.

Please update the thread over a few weeks to provide feedback. I'm curious if the fittings loosen over time or if rattles develop.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd pay extra for the two-tone wood grain versus the uniform blond grain that they show. I think you made out for the better on the deal. Looks good.

Please update the thread over a few weeks to provide feedback. I'm curious if the fittings loosen over time or if rattles develop.
For sure. I was contemplating putting a dark stain on the regular board. The light colored bamboo just ain't my jam.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
How are you liking it now? Is it holding up ?

I'm looking for 1 and only hesitant because of the price! Thanks.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How are you liking it now? Is it holding up ?

I'm looking for 1 and only hesitant because of the price! Thanks.
It's fantastic. I use it all the time and it's worth every penny. I probably have 5000 miles with it and a lot of very rough roads and haven't noticed any noise from. It gets a lot of compliments too.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco has a vin # ( Oct 24 ) so I will get a 22 - when is they question? I think I'll order 1 now - who knows where prices will be next year. Thank you for the review.

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have had the Trailgater on for about 6 months now - very happy with it. Well built, easy install and no rattle.

Up until about a week ago I can no longer snap the left side into place. Right side snaps in fine but left side is just not reaching - what am I doing wrong and how can I correct it. Pictures below - sent an email to Doug this morning.

right side . . .
Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) IMG_0160

left side not reaching . . .

Ford Bronco Outback Adventures Trailgater (w/ two-tone cutting board) IMG_0161

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have had the Trailgater on for about 6 months now - very happy with it. Well built, easy install and no rattle.

Up until about a week ago I can no longer snap the left side into place. Right side snaps in fine but left side is just not reaching - what am I doing wrong and how can I correct it. Pictures below - sent an email to Doug this morning.

right side . . .

left side not reaching . . .

Haha you need to center your cutting board

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)