Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got my production email for my OBX 4door in the week of 1/31. Now I wonder how long it’ll take to get to my dealer in Connecticut (first world problems right?). Trading in my Tesla for it 😂😂😂

Debating on getting 275/70/18 tires or removing the crash bars and going with 285/75/18’s (both on the stock rims). Hearing that I may not even need to remove the bars for the 285/75, but the forums don’t have any concrete info confirming that.

Still hesitant on removing the bars properly because I don’t have the modular bumper but it seems pretty easy with two people where I don’t have to detach it completely. Any thoughts? All the videos I’ve seen have it taken off and disconnected.
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my production email for my OBX 4door in the week of 1/31. Now I wonder how long it’ll take to get to my dealer in Connecticut (first world problems right?). Trading in my Tesla for it 😂😂😂

Debating on getting 275/70/18 tires or removing the crash bars and going with 285/75/18’s (both on the stock rims). Hearing that I may not even need to remove the bars for the 285/75, but the forums don’t have any concrete info confirming that.

Still hesitant on removing the bars properly because I don’t have the modular bumper but it seems pretty easy with two people where I don’t have to detach it completely. Any thoughts? All the videos I’ve seen have it taken off and disconnected.
with the 275 70's , you can still go standard load as opposed to E load. the larger size is e load rated tires, which for me is not what i'm interested in. i'm going to be 100% on road use for my vehicle and adding all that unsprung weight and rougher ride quality is not worth it. 275 70 is the largest i'll be going personally if that helps

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you go larger you'll need to remove crash bars if you don't lift it and get the third brake light extension if you replace your spare. I put 285/17R18 on my OBX but did a lift as well.

OP
OP
StachioAttack72

StachioAttack72

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

with the 275 70's , you can still go standard load as opposed to E load. the larger size is e load rated tires, which for me is not what i'm interested in. i'm going to be 100% on road use for my vehicle and adding all that unsprung weight and rougher ride quality is not worth it. 275 70 is the largest i'll be going personally if that helps
perfect, solves that issue because I’m not going to off-road much with it. Saving that for my 2door Wildtrak whenever that gets built!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
perfect, solves that issue because I’m not going to off-road much with it. Saving that for my 2door Wildtrak whenever that gets built!
thanks- also with the 275 70's, they are 33x11, which most are agreeing is the biggest we want to go on an obx that isn't lifted because then no need to remove crash bars and seems to be no rubbing issues.

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went 285/65R/18 as I wanted KO2 with RWL and what I remember some other sizes didn't have that option. No lift, kept bars and FORD did it for me and gave me like $125 per tire on the stock.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks 285/75/18 vs 275/70/18 Conundrum image0

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Check out the previous weeks spreadsheets to see delivery times. They have Been a little better recently but probably a month. You are trading you Tesla and I am buying a bronco from 400% earnings on owning Tesla stock. 🤣🤣🤣

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went 285/65R/18 as I wanted KO2 with RWL and what I remember some other sizes didn't have that option. No lift, kept bars and FORD did it for me and gave me like $125 per tire on the stock.
image0.jpeg

How did you go about getting Ford to give you $$ for the take-offs? My dealer floated this possibility on me a couple weeks back, but claims to be having issues making it happen. Also, anything about giving $$ for the rims as well? Nice ride btw!

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you go about getting Ford to give you $$ for the take-offs? My dealer floated this possibility on me a couple weeks back, but claims to be having issues making it happen. Also, anything about giving $$ for the rims as well? Nice ride btw!
I don't think anyone had asked yet as it was, "let me look into that". Also the wheels had 21 miles on it I think. I have a good relationship and have bought other Ford and Lincoln from them. I was not sure on what I really want due to bad offset match on rims, so didn't ask. I also used Ford Pass points so it cost me almost nothing for a $370 tire, Thanks

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think anyone had asked yet as it was, "let me look into that". Also the wheels had 21 miles on it I think. I have a good relationship and have bought other Ford and Lincoln from them. I was not sure on what I really want due to bad offset match on rims, so didn't ask. I also used Ford Pass points so it cost me almost nothing for a $370 tire, Thanks
Ok thanks. Didn't know if it was something I should be looking on the Ford site for myself, or your local dealer offered it. I'm having tires put on before I even take it home, but I'm deciding between powder coating the rims or buying new ones. Being able to get something back for what I'm taking off will be the determining factor.

Sponsored

Dwillisbronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be getting the Outer Banks as well.

I have been debating which way to go with both Tires and Wheels. I'm looking at the Toyo Tires in a 275/70/18 or 275/65/18.

I leaning towards the Toyo 275/65/18 since I can get them in either a "C" or "SL". I will be 95% driving on road.

napenn78

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too. I went with the 275s and I love it. Good ride and great look.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm cheap so i'm going to use up my tires but when i replace i'll go with the 33's. just can't bring myself to take off a perfectly good set of tires!

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Outer Banks 285/75/18 vs 275/70/18 Conundrum image0
how do the 285/65/18s fit? Any clearance issues like inside rubbing? This is the size and brand I want to put on my OBX with stock wheels. Thanks
Sponsored