First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband surprised me with a Bronco for my birthday. I am so FREAKING excited!! I'm going with the Outer Banks, as I won't be off-roading and will mostly be using it to get around town and the occasional road trip (I know I'm the minority here:))

I decided not to go with the sas pkg because the extra cost doesn't make sense for what we'll mostly be using it for. However, I love the look of the bigger tires.

Would love some feedback on what might be a good option for after-market tires that will give it that sas look. The other thing I'm hesitant about is road-noise with the bigger tires. My dad had a wrangler with larger tires and it was so loud you had to practically yell at each other lol.

Also, if I go with a bigger tire, will I need to have it lifted to accommodate? TIA!!
Sponsored

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recommend you stick with the factory tires for your intended use. I'd also get the hard top with sound deadening to make your highway use more enjoyable. Wife and I are doing the exact same thing with our Outer Banks.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i believe there are other threads on this you can search- i think the consensus was that you could go to a 33 inch tire like the badlands without changing anything else in terms of suspension. that would mean, i believe, either going with a 33 inch tire for an 18 wheel if you want to keep the stock wheels, such as maybe something like a 270/70 or something in that neighborhood or going down to the badlands 17 inch rim with a 33 inch tire which i think would give more of the look you are looking for but would cost more as you're having to get new rims then. the real issue other than not going bigger than 33 inch overall height of the tire would be the width- you prob want to keep it to about 11 inch width or under to not run into trouble- look this up though on other threads this is just my recollection and none of us have had our hands on the truck yet to measure and really see. look up a tire size calculator to play around with sizing and to keep it 33 x 11 or so i would think- just my 2 cents

edit- also remember there's a difference in look and driving with a mud tire vs an all terrain tire- when you're looking online you can see how different they can look in terms of treads

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to agree, a 33" should fit fine, but nobody knows for sure yet.
The Squatch also has 1.5 to 2 inches of lift, so if you really are looking to get the whole look, it is probably far easier to just get the Squatch option from the factory.
Doing a lift, rims and tires will pretty much eat up that 5k and it won't be factory or under warranty.

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recommend you stick with the factory tires for your intended use. I'd also get the hard top with sound deadening to make your highway use more enjoyable. Wife and I are doing the exact same thing with our Outer Banks.
Thanks for the input! We did add the sound deadening liner. Based on these other answers, we may just stick with stock wheels/tires, too. You guys doing 2dr or 4dr?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i believe there are other threads on this you can search- i think the consensus was that you could go to a 33 inch tire like the badlands without changing anything else in terms of suspension. that would mean, i believe, either going with a 33 inch tire for an 18 wheel if you want to keep the stock wheels, such as maybe something like a 270/70 or something in that neighborhood or going down to the badlands 17 inch rim with a 33 inch tire which i think would give more of the look you are looking for but would cost more as you're having to get new rims then. the real issue other than not going bigger than 33 inch overall height of the tire would be the width- you prob want to keep it to about 11 inch width or under to not run into trouble- look this up though on other threads this is just my recollection and none of us have had our hands on the truck yet to measure and really see. look up a tire size calculator to play around with sizing and to keep it 33 x 11 or so i would think- just my 2 cents

edit- also remember there's a difference in look and driving with a mud tire vs an all terrain tire- when you're looking online you can see how different they can look in terms of treads
Thank you for the help!! We may end up just sticking with the stock options. Or at least wait and see what others are saying after they get them in hand. Appreciate it!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the help!! We may end up just sticking with the stock options. Or at least wait and see what others are saying after they get them in hand. Appreciate it!
i have ordered an obx and my plan is to stick with the stock for starters because i don't want to throw away perfectly good tires and i have other mods i want to do but at some point, i'll go to 33's, probably on the stock rims because i believe you can do 33's without needing a lift but we'll see

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tend to agree, a 33" should fit fine, but nobody knows for sure yet.
The Squatch also has 1.5 to 2 inches of lift, so if you really are looking to get the whole look, it is probably far easier to just get the Squatch option from the factory.
Doing a lift, rims and tires will pretty much eat up that 5k and it won't be factory or under warranty.
Thanks for the input!! That's a good point regarding the warranty.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am getting the OBX without Sas. I plan to stick with the factory tires but may get wider tires when replacement time comes. We just changed our wrangler 255/17s for 265/17s and they look nice and fit pretty easily (likely could have gone to 275s) but was concerned on clearance. Will have to see how the Bronco is set up when time comes. Good luck with it

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear, I'm getting a Base with the intentions of slapping 33s on ASAP, I'm quite confident that they'll fit without issues .... or lift.

The OBX and Big Bend tires are 32.1" tall, while the BADLANDS standard tire is 32.7 and they look really darn nice, BUT, with small lift and different wheel specs also.
Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My husband surprised me with a Bronco for my birthday. I am so FREAKING excited!! I'm going with the Outer Banks, as I won't be off-roading and will mostly be using it to get around town and the occasional road trip (I know I'm the minority here:))

I decided not to go with the sas pkg because the extra cost doesn't make sense for what we'll mostly be using it for. However, I love the look of the bigger tires.

Would love some feedback on what might be a good option for after-market tires that will give it that sas look. The other thing I'm hesitant about is road-noise with the bigger tires. My dad had a wrangler with larger tires and it was so loud you had to practically yell at each other lol.

Also, if I go with a bigger tire, will I need to have it lifted to accommodate? TIA!!
You have one hell of a husband! Better keep him .

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting the OBX without Sas. I plan to stick with the factory tires but may get wider tires when replacement time comes. We just changed our wrangler 255/17s for 265/17s and they look nice and fit pretty easily (likely could have gone to 275s) but was concerned on clearance. Will have to see how the Bronco is set up when time comes. Good luck with it
Thanks! Yep, definitely think it's the wider look I am going for. Guess we'll just wait and see. Good luck to you too!

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

khoward9

Outer Banks
First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm in the same boat. Did not like the look of non sas outer banks and been researching putting 285/70r18 tires on and keeping factory wheels. Should be doing within a week and I'll let you know how it goes. What did you end up doing with your outer banks ?

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the same boat. Did not like the look of non sas outer banks and been researching putting 285/70r18 tires on and keeping factory wheels. Should be doing within a week and I'll let you know how it goes. What did you end up doing with your outer banks ?
I kept my order as is, but definitely still considering after market options when the time comes. I have no idea when that time will be though 😆

When you say "within a week", does that mean yours has been delivered?? If so, and you go aftermarket, would love what you ended up going with and hearing your feedback!
Sponsored