First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
curious to see a before and after pic of the factory tires versus your upgrade.

Can you post a link to the tires you plan to use?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw it today but it is still at the Ford garage. Think they should have it ready for me by end of the week. I'll keep you posted
So exciting!! Congrats and thank you : )

dduvic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband surprised me with a Bronco for my birthday. I am so FREAKING excited!! I'm going with the Outer Banks, as I won't be off-roading and will mostly be using it to get around town and the occasional road trip (I know I'm the minority here:))

I decided not to go with the sas pkg because the extra cost doesn't make sense for what we'll mostly be using it for. However, I love the look of the bigger tires.

Would love some feedback on what might be a good option for after-market tires that will give it that sas look. The other thing I'm hesitant about is road-noise with the bigger tires. My dad had a wrangler with larger tires and it was so loud you had to practically yell at each other lol.

Also, if I go with a bigger tire, will I need to have it lifted to accommodate? TIA!!
I just got my bronco 4dr outer banks and my plan is to do a 1” level kit, keep the 18” wheels and upgrade to 33” all-terrain tires from the 32”. This will give it enough beef to look like more than a street ride but not so much to really changes the way it drives and feels.
Pictured with the stock wheels/tires.

1E1BB506-EF8E-46B9-9263-3F3608C991CC.jpeg

E19722A6-7910-4748-BC08-FADD45E713D8.jpeg

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got my bronco 4dr outer banks and my plan is to do a 1” level kit, keep the 18” wheels and upgrade to 33” all-terrain tires from the 32”. This will give it enough beef to look like more than a street ride but not so much to really changes the way it drives and feels.
Pictured with the stock wheels/tires.
Can you add a photo (or two) looking straight down the driver/passenger side showing how the stock wheels look with the stock fender flairs. In your first photo that angle makes the wheels look so small, but doesn't look that way in your second. Thanks and congrats on your new arrival!

dduvic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you add a photo (or two) looking straight down the driver/passenger side showing how the stock wheels look with the stock fender flairs. In your first photo that angle makes the wheels look so small, but doesn't look that way in your second. Thanks and congrats on your new arrival!
Here you.

E50C4EFE-4AE1-4262-A6BB-C617ED534547.jpeg

2DC4DF3B-D255-4700-8DD2-4586C4DB3B16.jpeg

BFA77D40-5A53-4CA4-A397-BCF1BBFF6650.jpeg

B12F42BF-43FC-4C13-8AE4-95B047B7D0F5.jpeg

Sponsored

JMP10

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered some Cooper ATP II's 275/70/18 for my OBX that will be built this month.

I went with the Cooper ATP II's specifically because they measure at 33.5" overall vs for instance Nitto Ridge Grapplers same tires size measure 33.2".

We know 275's fit so shouldn't be a problem there. Stock is 32.1" I believe so I figure around .7" increased height and a bit more width with the 275's should be a nice overall upgrade. I'm not looking for anything too crazy and def don't want to deal with any sort of lift.

I would have loved to go 285/70/18 but the brands are limited and since the Cooper ATP II is a taller 275/70/18 it is about the same height as some of the 285/70/18's of other manufacturers.

Just wondering how you like the Cooper ATP II's now that you have had them a while? I am thinking of doing the same thing but a little hesitant of their weight at 58 pounds. The Nitto Terra Grappler G2's are 52 pounds and I was also considering them.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wondering how you like the Cooper ATP II's now that you have had them a while? I am thinking of doing the same thing but a little hesitant of their weight at 58 pounds. The Nitto Terra Grappler G2's are 52 pounds and I was also considering them.
I ended up not going with the coopers and finding a set of sasquatch takeoffs instead.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been following along with the various OBX tire threads with the plan of getting bigger tires since I joined in Dec and finally pulled the trigger last week.

My points finally made it into my FordPass app so I put those towards 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeaks because they come in both an E and SL rated tire. I got the SL tires and think the ride is great so far. There is no crazy off roading in my future so no need for the E rated tires.

I still have the original tires if anyone in NY/CT/NJ is interested in having an extra set around.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Aftermarket Bigger Tires B52BBABE-9B41-482F-B97E-A08F493F3717

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband surprised me with a Bronco for my birthday. I am so FREAKING excited!! I'm going with the Outer Banks, as I won't be off-roading and will mostly be using it to get around town and the occasional road trip (I know I'm the minority here:))

I decided not to go with the sas pkg because the extra cost doesn't make sense for what we'll mostly be using it for. However, I love the look of the bigger tires.

Would love some feedback on what might be a good option for after-market tires that will give it that sas look. The other thing I'm hesitant about is road-noise with the bigger tires. My dad had a wrangler with larger tires and it was so loud you had to practically yell at each other lol.

Also, if I go with a bigger tire, will I need to have it lifted to accommodate? TIA!!
Congrats on your new Bronco! Welcome to the OBX club!
I straight up change the stock wheels and tires without any lift to 33" BF Goodrich, KT0. No issues. Freeway driving is awesome. I havent done any off-roading yet, but soon. Congrats again!

bronco7-s.jpg

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I straight up change the stock wheels and tires without any lift to 33" BF Goodrich, KT0. No issues. Freeway driving is awesome. I havent done any off-roading yet, but soon. Congrats again!

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Aftermarket Bigger Tires bronco7-s
Thanks for the picture! It’s beautiful! That’s my color too. I’m still thinking I’ll keep the stock rims, but we’ll see. Love the way yours turned out. Definitely beefs it up and it’s nice to know it didn’t require a lift.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Aftermarket Bigger Tires bronco7-s
Beautiful color! Happy to hear you are enjoying your Bronco. :)
Sponsored