First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kept my order as is, but definitely still considering after market options when the time comes. I have no idea when that time will be though 😆

When you say "within a week", does that mean yours has been delivered?? If so, and you go aftermarket, would love what you ended up going with and hearing your feedback!
**would love to know
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've spent way too much time on this but i think I'm closer to a decision on my OBX. I think I'm getting 16x8.5 wheels with a +20 offset and 285/75R16 for tires. This will give me the increase in sidewall height but I'm a little shaky on how it would affect handling.
Any thoughts?

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've spent way too much time on this but i think I'm closer to a decision on my OBX. I think I'm getting 16x8.5 wheels with a +20 offset and 285/75R16 for tires. This will give me the increase in sidewall height but I'm a little shaky on how it would affect handling.
Any thoughts?
I don't have input to offer, but would love to know what you end up going with. As of now, I'm planning to stick with stock until it's time for new tires and then consider going larger with tires, or possibly both wheels and tires. Hoping by that time, I'll have plenty of input from folks here who've done it before me.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have input to offer, but would love to know what you end up going with. As of now, I'm planning to stick with stock until it's time for new tires and then consider going larger with tires, or possibly both wheels and tires. Hoping by that time, I'll have plenty of input from folks here who've done it before me.
To wait and see is a good plan but you gotta ask yourself WHY? why do you want to change the tires? - cosmetics, or functionality, or a bit of both? once you can objectively answer yourself, you can start narrowing it down to very few options pending your actual USE. But IMHO I think that's the first step and the biggest step..

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To wait and see is a good plan but you gotta ask yourself WHY? why do you want to change the tires? - cosmetics, or functionality, or a bit of both? once you can objectively answer yourself, you can start narrowing it down to very few options pending your actual USE. But IMHO I think that's the first step and the biggest step..
For me, purely aesthetics : D

Sponsored

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the same boat. Did not like the look of non sas outer banks and been researching putting 285/70r18 tires on and keeping factory wheels. Should be doing within a week and I'll let you know how it goes. What did you end up doing with your outer banks ?

I'm also planning on putting on 285/70r18 tires. Not many options though so will likely end up with Nitto Ridge Grapplers! Hopefully they don't rub with crash bars on or the Ford Dealership might refuse to do it ?!?

Might end up with a 1.5-2" spacer lift eventually, but no good options for it right now.

Let me know as soon as you try the 285/70r18s on your Outer Banks as I can't find anything else on the www about 34" tires fitting.

Cheers

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband surprised me with a Bronco for my birthday. I am so FREAKING excited!! I'm going with the Outer Banks, as I won't be off-roading and will mostly be using it to get around town and the occasional road trip (I know I'm the minority here:))

I decided not to go with the sas pkg because the extra cost doesn't make sense for what we'll mostly be using it for. However, I love the look of the bigger tires.

Would love some feedback on what might be a good option for after-market tires that will give it that sas look. The other thing I'm hesitant about is road-noise with the bigger tires. My dad had a wrangler with larger tires and it was so loud you had to practically yell at each other lol.

Also, if I go with a bigger tire, will I need to have it lifted to accommodate? TIA!!
Get some BF Goodrich tires they will be fine and the same size with the 18" rims

OP
OP
TtotheZ

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered some Cooper ATP II's 275/70/18 for my OBX that will be built this month.

I went with the Cooper ATP II's specifically because they measure at 33.5" overall vs for instance Nitto Ridge Grapplers same tires size measure 33.2".

We know 275's fit so shouldn't be a problem there. Stock is 32.1" I believe so I figure around .7" increased height and a bit more width with the 275's should be a nice overall upgrade. I'm not looking for anything too crazy and def don't want to deal with any sort of lift.

I would have loved to go 285/70/18 but the brands are limited and since the Cooper ATP II is a taller 275/70/18 it is about the same height as some of the 285/70/18's of other manufacturers.

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m getting an OBX too and I don’t intend to do any crazy off-roading. I am looking forward to the ability to do some trail exploration but no rock crawling or anything near that (I don’t have the disposable income or the interest in injury risk of my 50k vehicle, lol). So OBX also makes the most sense for us. I will definitely be keeping the stock tires BUT when It comes time to replace them - then I will probably shop around and by then we will have a lot more data on what works and what doesnt from all the people changing things up by then, lol.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stock is 32.1" I believe so I figure around 1.5" increased height [...]
You'll only get 0.7" lift. The tires are ~1.4 inches larger in diameter, but only the radius affects lift.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup you are right... I had a brain fart. .7" increase height since the increase in height will be from the center of the wheel to where it touches the ground.

Last edited:

khoward9

Outer Banks
First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kept my order as is, but definitely still considering after market options when the time comes. I have no idea when that time will be though 😆

When you say "within a week", does that mean yours has been delivered?? If so, and you go aftermarket, would love what you ended up going with and hearing your feedback!
I saw it today but it is still at the Ford garage. Think they should have it ready for me by end of the week. I'll keep you posted
Sponsored