First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands is almost here, and one of my first mods will be swapping grills for an OBX grill.
I've found one, but the seller tells me that the flat plastic piece above the camera (in the center cutout) was part of the camera housing, and isn't included with the grill he's about to sell me.

Can anyone confirm that's true? (My Bronco just shipped, so I don't have one to inspect myself)

Does that mean my Badlands camera will already have that shield piece (which I thought protected the hood latch mechanism)?

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 2.04.58 PM.png
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is actually part of the radiator support bracket... and there are two brackets... one for Base/Big Bend/Black Diamond/Outer Banks, and the other is for Wildtrak/Badlands.

EDIT— Guess I should actually answer the question. He is correct that it is not part of the grille.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is actually part of the radiator support bracket... and there are two brackets... one for Base/Big Bend/Black Diamond/Outer Banks, and the other is for Wildtrak/Badlands.

EDIT— Guess I should actually answer the question. He is correct that it is not part of the grille.
Thanks for the response.

Any clue on how that might affect placing this grill on a Badlands? Does the Badlands bracket interfere? Would I need to the replace the BL bracket with one of these instead?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response.

Any clue on how that might affect placing this grill on a Badlands? Does the Badlands bracket interfere? Would I need to the replace the BL bracket with one of these instead?
Hard to tell without them side by side honestly. I've personally done a Black Diamond / Big Bend grille swap, but haven't done a Badlands swap yet.

Just by looking at the service manual, it seems like the differences between the two brackets is cosmetic. If you stick with the Badlands bracket, the top center and the top left cutouts in your OBX grille will be blocked by the mounting bracket... rather than just the top center.

EDIT— Here is the diagram. Callout 8046 is the bracket I'm referring to, and you can see how they are different on Badlands and Outer Banks.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks/Big Bend Grill Question 1659650651235

Last edited:

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just learned this after trying to replace my badlands grill with an outerbanks one. The camera housing and bracket from my badlands will not fit the outerbanks grill. At least the grill is super easy to take off and put back on.
Sponsored