Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you put new tires on yet? What are your thoughts on bigger tires on stock wheels vs new wheels and lift for ObX non-sas?

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you put new tires on yet? What are your thoughts on bigger tires on stock wheels vs new wheels and lift for ObX non-sas?
I'm having trouble finding tires in stock. I am going on a deep dive this weekend. I honestly haven't tried too hard since school started, I've been so busy. I know my mechanic can't get any KO2s in the size I want right now - not 5 anyway.

I am not going to get any new wheels at the moment. I am about to put a pic on the first post to show why. I desperately need mud flaps that will fit. My Bronco is always so dirty. For that reason, I do not want any more offset, or tires that will stick out from the fenders. I think 275/70/R18s will have sidewall exposure, but not tread sticking out. Based on the tire measurements, they will be about .4" wider, I believe, and about 1" taller. I have considered a lift and still may get about a 1" lift at some point.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! I found 5 tires at Discount Tire! I ordered them and they will be installed next Monday. I was impressed with their customer service. They called me after I ordered just to verify everything.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I visited the vinyl shop yesterday and I'm planning to get some vinyl details added in November. They will add wide stripes between the body lines and cover the hood bump. It will be kind of 70s retro. This blue also matches in the interior accent pretty well.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Iconic Silver Non-Sas 4 Door 2.7 1632666204163

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Following 'cause I think you and I are on the same page with the Bronco. After going back and forth I don't know how many times, I've finaly decided I don't need (or even want) the Sasquatch package. Too much money for too big tires that aren't going to play well in Colorado snow, I'm afraid, and since I'll probably be getting my 2-door in the dead of winter, I'd rather see how the 32s do before I go any bigger.

So I'm kind of on the same path here: potentially getting a little more sidewall with bigger tires for summer (I may swap them out every six months with the narrower 32s), but I want to make sure I'm not throwing rocks all over the doors. I don't want to get bigger off-black flares - the OBX's body-colored flares look so good! So I need the right tire and possibly mudflaps - sounds like you're looking for the same. Also thinking about a lift, but again, that would be down the road (next summer).

I like the vinyl. I'm thinking of doing the same - an on-the-body-line retro hocky stick stripe that goes across the body and over the hood. That blue will match the grab handles and stitching in your roast interior. I'm going with the navy pier/gray cloth, and haven't decided on the stripe color yet 'cause I haven't settled on a body color yet (RIP AMB).

Anyway, thanks for posting pics! Stuff like this keeps me jazzed while I await my own production date.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following 'cause I think you and I are on the same page with the Bronco. After going back and forth I don't know how many times, I've finaly decided I don't need (or even want) the Sasquatch package. Too much money for too big tires that aren't going to play well in Colorado snow, I'm afraid, and since I'll probably be getting my 2-door in the dead of winter, I'd rather see how the 32s do before I go any bigger.

So I'm kind of on the same path here: potentially getting a little more sidewall with bigger tires for summer (I may swap them out every six months with the narrower 32s), but I want to make sure I'm not throwing rocks all over the doors. I don't want to get bigger off-black flares - the OBX's body-colored flares look so good! So I need the right tire and possibly mudflaps - sounds like you're looking for the same. Also thinking about a lift, but again, that would be down the road (next summer).

I like the vinyl. I'm thinking of doing the same - an on-the-body-line retro hocky stick stripe that goes across the body and over the hood. That blue will match the grab handles and stitching in your roast interior. I'm going with the navy pier/gray cloth, and haven't decided on the stripe color yet 'cause I haven't settled on a body color yet (RIP AMB).

Anyway, thanks for posting pics! Stuff like this keeps me jazzed while I await my own production date.
It's awesome that we have similar ideas. I do like the body colored flares a lot. I hate to purchase a different step just to get mud flaps to work, but that might be the only route at the moment. I am going to be washing weekly until the solution is found! Part of the reason I decided to do the vinyl is to protect the paint from the dirt and rocks that may be flung up on to the paint.

The tires on the non-sas obx are adequate, IMO. I just need a little more height due to where I live (plus I think the duelers are ugly). The 275s will add an inch. If that is not enough, I may need a small lift. I will see how it looks after I get the new tires tomorrow.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

very nice, great color combo! have a obx 4 dr MIC iconic silver with a current build week of 11/8. Ended up w cloth navy pier which I think will look good too... How do you like the Iconic Silver, does it pop enough? Also have KO2 275/70/r18's and a 1 in level waiting at the dealership for me. Gonna stick w OBX wheels as well.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very nice, great color combo! have a obx 4 dr MIC iconic silver with a current build week of 11/8. Ended up w cloth navy pier which I think will look good too... How do you like the Iconic Silver, does it pop enough? Also have KO2 275/70/r18's and a 1 in level waiting at the dealership for me. Gonna stick w OBX wheels as well.
Oh, I am excited for you! I probably would have ordered the navy seats, myself. I do love the roast interior, though. I am not a fan of gray cars (or silver which is gray jr.) in general. However, when I saw the Bronco in person, I really liked the silver. I think it is nice and it doesn't look gray to me. When it's clean it is very pretty and sparkles. I think it looks really sharp with the black and chrome wheels and the black grill and top. I am going to wash mine today, so it will be clean and sparkly for a few hours until I drive it again. :LOL:

I like your choice in tires! I will post picks of mine tomorrow, hopefully! I am thinking about that 1" lift as well. I might ask for that for Christmas.🌲

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found a Bronco for sale in my area and I purchased it until my MOD top will be built in 45 years. This is a 2.7L Iconic Silver 4 door non-SAS with roast interior and mid package.

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE! I have a number of modifications I am considering including a tire swap with my 275 KO2s and possibly some vinyl wrap detailing.

(There is a piece missing that came off during transport. It's being painted this week and sent to me from the dealer.)

My Bronco and my mom's Sport

9/23: This is why I can't get in and out without sand getting inside my Bronco. This is a dirty beast. I am in desperate need of mud flaps with no hope in sight!

IS was my first color choice before I changed to VB. Looks great.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting a BL with leather because I wanted the power seats. However for those times that I take it off road, I would like to insert the liners like you have. So I ordered them. It looks like both the OBX and BL (with leather) have the carpeted floors. Did your liners fit properly and snap in to place? I think if they work fine in the OBX, they should do equally well in my build. Thanks in advance and you have a great Bronco!

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sun was really bright so the brown looks a bit lighter than it does in real life. When I saw the dash in person I thought it looked cool being slightly metallic.
Congrats on snagging your sweet new ride! Hope you didn't pay too much for it. I have a SAS equipped OBX with the cloth roast interior on order. Thought about getting the lux package at first but ultimately couldn't rationalize what I felt was the ridiculously high cost vs. features. Also thought the cloth might not get as hot with the top down all the time. Thanks for the pictures - it helps to get a better sense of what the roast actually looks like. I have to say too that your pictures make that bronze dash look very appealing compared to the few others I've seen. I think I'm going to like it when I get my Bronco in 50 years. Okay, I know I'm exaggerating.........in 25 years!
Sponsored