Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too love the KO2's but I am used to the C rated ones. I'm not sure how I feel about stepping up to E rated tires, which is what I think yours are.
If my husband ever drives my Bronco, I need E rated tires 'cause that man can hit a curb.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks BEAUTIFUL!! I am taking delivery today of my OBX and found the same tires at Costco set of 5 installed for $1400 is that about what you paid?
Yes, in that ballpark, but it sounds like a good deal. I wish we had a Costco around here!

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any lift or spacers needed for the tire swap you did on OBX?

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did you do with the old tires? Did you keep them and plan on selling or did the tire store just take them off your hands?

New tires look great on the OBX. Big difference!

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you do with the old tires? Did you keep them and plan on selling or did the tire store just take them off your hands?

New tires look great on the OBX. Big difference!
My husband is going to pick them up with his truck and I'm keeping them in my barn just in case I need them in the future.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too love the KO2's but I am used to the C rated ones. I'm not sure how I feel about stepping up to E rated tires, which is what I think yours are.
I don't understand why people are so worried about that? Are you coming from a car? That played exactly 0% into my decision. They drive great and they are quiet. I love them. BTW, I am not being grouchy, sorry if it comes across that way. I just haven't ever thought about the tire rating, so I'm wondering what makes people concerned about that? I'm just a girl who likes KO2s. :LOL:

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I am coming from a JL Wrangler with the C load rated KO2's, and several trucks before. But on the other trucks, I have not gone much past stock replacement tires (except 25 plus years ago with Super Swampers and the like). The rest of my vehicles are always sports cars/muscle cars.

I'm honestly intrepid based on "internet lore" that the E rated tires ride much harsher. And they weigh more. This is a mild example, but it shows the difference:

285/70/17 C rated KO2 = 51 lbs
285/70/17 E rated KO2 = 58 lbs

I don't think I've ever ridden on E rated tires, that I know of. Except military vehicles I have experience with were that E rated or much higher, but that's not on typical street driven vehicle.

Sponsored

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't understand why people are so worried about that? Are you coming from a car? That played exactly 0% into my decision. They drive great and they are quiet. I love them. BTW, I am not being grouchy, sorry if it comes across that way. I just haven't ever thought about the tire rating, so I'm wondering what makes people concerned about that? I'm just a girl who likes KO2s. :LOL:
I have had way too many flats in the woods or on plain gravel roads because of C rated tires. I always go for E rated tires when I can. Never had issues with E rated tires, they ride fine (you don't have to inflate them to the max). I run my 2021 Ranger on E rated Duratracks (BFG's are better) and its great on and off road. Did a 7,000 mile overland trip with some serious offroading with the truck loaded to gross weight and 0 problems. if I was on the stock tires I would have had at least 2 flats I'm sure.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm updating just to correct some misinformation I read on the forum. The 8" screen DOES work wirelessly with Car Play, so ignore the misinformed.

Also, the music sounds much much better using Car Play rather than Andriod Auto. I just got the iPhone 13 and I can absolutely tell the difference. Pop on some Booker T and the MGs - Green Onions - you'll see what I'm saying.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Being a southern girl I know you'll understand when I say, "I like 'em tars". :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gotta love 'em southern gurls. (y) Your Bronco looks really good. Enjoy

With the MIC 2.0 running full blast I may just see my OBX by late summer/early fall next year. :)
Sponsored