Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I am coming from a JL Wrangler with the C load rated KO2's, and several trucks before. But on the other trucks, I have not gone much past stock replacement tires (except 25 plus years ago with Super Swampers and the like). The rest of my vehicles are always sports cars/muscle cars.

I'm honestly intrepid based on "internet lore" that the E rated tires ride much harsher. And they weigh more. This is a mild example, but it shows the difference:

285/70/17 C rated KO2 = 51 lbs
285/70/17 E rated KO2 = 58 lbs

I don't think I've ever ridden on E rated tires, that I know of. Except military vehicles I have experience with were that E rated or much higher, but that's not on typical street driven vehicle.
I don't know what to tell you, except the internet lore is stupid. I am riding on a cloud. Even on our pot hole ridden county roads we barely feel a thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I was driving in town today, a Defender got behind me and followed me for several miles. It was pretty obvious that he was trying to check out the Bronco. My mom was with me and commented on the silly angry eyes look they have :LOL:. Then I parked away from other vehicles at Publix and came out laughing when I saw this Jeep pulled up right beside me. Last week I saw an Area 51 4 door here at the Publix area, so if you saw a silver Bronco last weekend waving and flashing lights at you, it was me!

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Iconic Silver Non-Sas 4 Door 2.7 Jeep vs Bronco

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I am excited for you! I probably would have ordered the navy seats, myself. I do love the roast interior, though. I am not a fan of gray cars (or silver which is gray jr.) in general. However, when I saw the Bronco in person, I really liked the silver. I think it is nice and it doesn't look gray to me. When it's clean it is very pretty and sparkles. I think it looks really sharp with the black and chrome wheels and the black grill and top. I am going to wash mine today, so it will be clean and sparkly for a few hours until I drive it again. :LOL:

I like your choice in tires! I will post picks of mine tomorrow, hopefully! I am thinking about that 1" lift as well. I might ask for that for Christmas.🌲
very nice, great color combo! have a obx 4 dr MIC iconic silver with a current build week of 11/8. Ended up w cloth navy pier which I think will look good too... How do you like the Iconic Silver, does it pop enough? Also have KO2 275/70/r18's and a 1 in level waiting at the dealership for me. Gonna stick w OBX wheels as well.
which level kit did you guy? And is that only for the front? Interested to see what it looks like and how it rides after the 1” is added!

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which level kit did you guy? And is that only for the front? Interested to see what it looks like and how it rides after the 1” is added!
It's going to be the rough country 1" lift.

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love to see some pics with the lift and the tires when you are able. Thanks,

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? I didn't know that.

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First picture is stock Outer Banks and the second picture is after a 1" lift and new tires (see details on tires below). The lift was not required for the tires.

before and after.JPG

EDIT 9/27 - The Bronco has new shoes! 275/70/R18 KO2s
1632788617816.png

fender no poke KO2.jpg

1632788785868.png

5th tire KO2s.jpg

Original:
I found a Bronco for sale in my area and I purchased it until my MOD top will be built in 45 years. This is a 2.7L Iconic Silver 4 door non-SAS with roast interior and mid package.

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE! I have a number of modifications I am considering including a tire swap with my 275 KO2s and possibly some vinyl wrap detailing.
Top down side.jpg

Bronco front.jpg

(There is a piece missing that came off during transport. It's being painted this week and sent to me from the dealer.)

Abominable and Ruby.jpg

My Bronco and my mom's Sport

side shot.jpg

9/23: This is why I can't get in and out without sand getting inside my Bronco. This is a dirty beast. I am in desperate need of mud flaps with no hope in sight!

mud flaps needed.jpg
Do you have a pic of the KO2s installed before lift and after? I’d love to compare them side by side. Also, did you do a full 1” lift on all 4 corners or just a 1” level kit? I can’t seem to find a 1” lift kit anywhere, just the leveling kit.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a pic of the KO2s installed before lift and after? I’d love to compare them side by side. Also, did you do a full 1” lift on all 4 corners or just a 1” level kit? I can’t seem to find a 1” lift kit anywhere, just the leveling kit.
I had the tires before the lift, and it's not a leveling kit just a regular lift. I got it because it was lower than my F150 and I wanted a little more height.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First picture is stock Outer Banks and the second picture is after a 1" lift and new tires (see details on tires below). The lift was not required for the tires.

EDIT 9/27 - The Bronco has new shoes! 275/70/R18 KO2s

Original:
I found a Bronco for sale in my area and I purchased it until my MOD top will be built in 45 years. This is a 2.7L Iconic Silver 4 door non-SAS with roast interior and mid package.

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE! I have a number of modifications I am considering including a tire swap with my 275 KO2s and possibly some vinyl wrap detailing.

(There is a piece missing that came off during transport. It's being painted this week and sent to me from the dealer.)

My Bronco and my mom's Sport

9/23: This is why I can't get in and out without sand getting inside my Bronco. This is a dirty beast. I am in desperate need of mud flaps with no hope in sight!

Looks great! Congrats. Is that the soft top Ford is urging us to option to lessen our build time, or the "Retractable Full Soft Top Twill"?

Thanks and enjoy it!
Sponsored