Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
I am ordering my Bronco this week and am not sure what to do with the roof options. It is my understanding that all Bronco’s will come standard with the soft top, and for an additional charge, can be swapped to a hard to. As well, for an additional cost above that, can come with both a soft & hard top.

Based on that thought process, my question is, do I really need a hard top? For clarity, I live in SW Ontario, and we have winters, and they are not very enjoyable. However, the Bronco will not be my daily driver. I have a work truck (’19 F-150 XTR) that I drive ~95% of the time, as well as my own truck (’15 F-150 Sport) and my wife has an ’17 Explorer Sport. My intention is to only drive the Bronco when the weather is nice enough to have the top down / off & the doors off. It will be a weekend “fun” vehicle (I was looking at a GT350, but know I’ll rack up too many speeding tickets).

So, do I need a hard top?
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am ordering my Bronco this week and am not sure what to do with the roof options. It is my understanding that all Bronco’s will come standard with the soft top, and for an additional charge, can be swapped to a hard to. As well, for an additional cost above that, can come with both a soft & hard top.

Based on that thought process, my question is, do I really need a hard top? For clarity, I live in SW Ontario, and we have winters, and they are not very enjoyable. However, the Bronco will not be my daily driver. I have a work truck (’19 F-150 XTR) that I drive ~95% of the time, as well as my own truck (’15 F-150 Sport) and my wife has an ’17 Explorer Sport. My intention is to only drive the Bronco when the weather is nice enough to have the top down / off & the doors off. It will be a weekend “fun” vehicle (I was looking at a GT350, but know I’ll rack up too many speeding tickets).

So, do I need a hard top?
The hard top is a $600 option And the first two rows come off easily. I’m ordering with the mic hard top and will get a aftermarket fastback soft top after.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
unless the choices in Canada are vastly different than the US, all 2-door and several of the 4-door trims have a hard top as standard. Depending on what trim you purchase, your point may be moot. Beyond that, will be a lot nicer in the winter with a hard top should you decide to get it out

OP
OP
BroncoBilly17

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
Thanks guys

On the Ford.ca website, the standard roof equipment changes based on whether it's 2-door or 4-door.

2-door says it comes with MIC Hard Top, but when I switch over to the 4-door, it says Black Cloth Soft Top

Options Listed on Ford.ca for the Outer Banks;

4-Door
  1. Hard Top, Moulded-in-Colour (MIC) - $795
  2. Modular Hard Top, Shadow Black-Painted - $2,500
  3. Soft Top, Black Cloth - Included
  4. Dual Tops – Moulded-in-Colour (MIC) Hard Top + Black Soft Top - $1,995
  5. Dual Tops – Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top + Black Soft Top - $3,700
2-Door
  1. Hard Top, Moulded-in-Colour (MIC) - Included
  2. Top – Modular Hard Top, Shadow Black-Painted - $2,500

Maybe the website is funky, but I can't make sense of it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With your intended use I would say no. If you get the hard top it's more difficult to remove the entire thing, and then you'll need a place to store it. If you buy both tops then you're right back to needing storage space. IMHO.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t get a hardtop now, you won’t get the wiring for adding a hardtop later
Sponsored