Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who's with me?!

Ive been 99% Black Diamond since the beginning but Im really starting to think about the OBX with Squatch.

I love the blue dash and leather, armrest in the rear seats (4dr), the Signature lighting, dont really need vinyl floors, and like the 12" screen and LED approach lamps in the High Package. Add the modular front bumper, delete the side steps and add the Rock Rails. Only negative is the plastic rear bumper. Could replace that down the line and have my perfect Bronco.

Im not even thinking about the Wildtrak because I hate the interior. Also not dead set on the V6.
Sponsored

ZiggysDad83

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i love the OBX but hate the look of the wheels. If we could do OBX with the mean looking 33s with nice tread instead of the pizza cutters it has right now, it would be perfect. I have 0 need for the SAS package other than looks.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a very nice Bronco...OBX is fine as long as you Squatch it and take off the running boards, which you are doing. The only thing I don't get with OBX, is that if you configure them like you are discussing...it's about the same cost as a Badlands...with no swaybar disconnect, or upgraded bash plates (or MGV/Washout interior).

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're going OBX with Sasq., think about Wildtrak. Build both and they're about the same MSRP...each will have a few differences.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just want the tires. Why on earth can't tires be a standalone option? I'm already looking at a 52k purchase here. The Bronco looks better with 17s anyway -- it's not a design for 18s or 20s or anything. Big meaty tires are the ticket.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're going OBX with Sasq., think about Wildtrak. Build both and they're about the same MSRP...each will have a few differences.
i checked this route about 1000 times but i like the painted mirrors on OBX but youre right price is about the same but so is equipment

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would be a very nice Bronco...OBX is fine as long as you Squatch it and take off the running boards, which you are doing. The only thing I don't get with OBX, is that if you configure them like you are discussing...it's about the same cost as a Badlands...with no swaybar disconnect, or upgraded bash plates (or MGV/Washout interior).
Yeah but for me the biggest reason Im thinking of going this route is the OBX interior. I love that blue leather and blue dash. I cant stand the all black interior in the Badlands and with orange stitching to boot?? No way, Jose. Cant do it. Badlands has never been on my radar for that reason.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, because

OBX blue interior=Beautiful
Wildtrak interior=Heinous

In my opinion.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dont forget that a part of the 'look' to get those front wheels exposed means spending another $825 on steel bumper. Steel bumper doesnt come with sas on certain trims, such as OBX.

Im getting OBX with 33.2 x 11.1 on stock rims with steel bumper and higher gearing. Posted this earlier today. I danced with getting sas, and frankly, i dont need it, nor am i sure i am going to like sitting that high. It looks cool, but i dont want to feel like im driving a semi-truck every time i need to run to a store. Don’t forget those wrangler photos from earlier this week. The bronco is a big truck. Ride height on a stock OBX is similar to a rubicon.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch discussion 400E2ED1-BD73-4E16-BB7D-42DA7A9430E7

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My money is on OBX Squatch with one of the cloth interiors being the best looking Bronco in the end. Wildtrack shouldn't even exist. It is literally meaning less (especially without the black mod top). If the WT had an all in discount because it is loaded then yes there is purpose, but it doesn't. Should have been just a black out package to the OBX and saved us the two eye sore interiors that they have on it. Only time will tell but my opinion and bets will be on the OBX Sas.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My reservation is for the Wildtrak . . . and I love the exterior and think the black trim and wheels are the best looking of the trim levels (sure wish there was a black MIC top option . . . ) BUT that interior has had me back and forth with the OBX (and really - it's not the seats so much as it is the beige dash!) . . . I could go with the Badlands but I want the tube steps and have zero need for the sway disconnect. My OBX build - to get as close as I can to the Wildtrak;
- Sasquatch
- MIC Hard Top
- Sound Deadening
- Wheel Lock Kit
- Keyless Entry Keypad
- Leather Blue/Gray Seats
- Aux Switches
- Floor Liners
- Storage Bags
- LUX Package
- 2.7 Ecoboost
- Tow Package
- Canvas Bimini
- I'll also add the Roof Rack & Crossbars and Kayak Carrier
All of this actually brings me less than $200.00 more than the Wildtrak with the same stuff . . . but I lose out on the black wheels, black trim pieces and the Baja mode. Decisions . . .

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
this needs its own thread!!!!
Sponsored