Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 Outer Banks non SAS with 18 inch rims and standard Bridgestone tires. I am striking out finding a false headlock rim or any other wheel that will fit due to bore size. According to a knowledgeable wheel person at a reputable Bronco aftermarket store that I talked to over the phone it seems no aftermarket wheels are available that are a direct drop in for my vehicle, again due to bore size. I’m hoping that’s not an accurate statement. Please advise your feedback.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Incorrect. Use the search function on this forum. Only difference is wheel width and diameter. If you are looking for just tires for your stock rims, then you will have some issues. 18" tires are not very prevalent in the offroad worlds much anymore.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 Outer Banks non SAS with 18 inch rims and standard Bridgestone tires. I am striking out finding a false headlock rim or any other wheel that will fit due to bore size. According to a knowledgeable wheel person at a reputable Bronco aftermarket store that I talked to over the phone it seems no aftermarket wheels are available that are a direct drop in for my vehicle, again due to bore size. I’m hoping that’s not an accurate statement. Please advise your feedback.
So as for aftermarket rims the bore size is different so they can be used with various vehicles and adaptors to fit your specific vehicle. As for stock rims the only rim I have found to not be able to bolt on is the Bronco Raptor rim. All the broncos regardless of trim have the same bore size. If you want to get the Sas rims with “35” You may have to do a level lift or lift the vehicle slightly to accommodate the larger tires. I think I saw someone put them on and remove the crash bars without a lift but can’t remember to be honest. The Bronco Roush rims may come with the same bore size but I’m not 100% on that.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are looking for aftermarket wheels and they are not hub centric to the Bronco, then you can purchase hub centric rings to make up the difference with wheels or elsewhere.

51-ZuLpm2YL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Craigslist / FB Marketplace is flooded with OB wheels and tires. Not hard to get a set with the TPMS sensors included for $500. More of them are listed than any other trim (except the base 16" steelies with the 30" tires). I do think that 18" may not be popular and people are swapping out both the wheels and tires are are starting from scratch.

Sponsored

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can also get aftermarket tires that are equivalent to the taller/wider tires on some of the other models mounted on your factory 18’s. This is what I did. My wife likes the factory rims, personally I didn’t so we compromised and just went with 275/70/18 General Grabber ATs. You can utilize https://tiresize.com/calculator/ to see how they stack up.

A57BEEF2-954A-47D0-A2D5-ED42C9545520.jpeg

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Craigslist / FB Marketplace is flooded with OB wheels and tires. Not hard to get a set with the TPMS sensors included for $500. More of them are listed than any other trim (except the base 16" steelies with the 30" tires). I do think that 18" may not be popular and people are swapping out both the wheels and tires are are starting from scratch.
I'm pretty sure Rudy already has OBX wheels and tires and is looking to step up.
I also have a nonsquatch OBX and just installed a set of 35" sas takeoffs that I purchased from another forum member.
Crash bars needed to be removed, and I had a 1" leveling kit installed. Aside from those things and a little surgery to remove a little bit of the inside portion of the mudflaps, they fit like a glove and look awesome.
I'll post some pictures if you want to see them

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Outer Banks wheel help 3F09E36B-D904-47CE-BBED-2008D6D65653

this is not mine, but I like the factory rim when it’s blacked out, only issue is it would have to have a narrower 35” to work. Priced out powder coating and it runs $125-150 a wheel in my area.

misterdaddyo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

this is not mine, but I like the factory rim when it’s blacked out, only issue is it would have to have a narrower 35” to work. Priced out powder coating and it runs $125-150 a wheel in my area.
I powder coated my OutBanks rims. What a difference. Worth the cost.

OP
OP
rpaluch1

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazing and much improved look to the standard OB wheel. I did find wheels for mine and have been trying to sell my old ones. I may powder coat and keep as a spare set. Thanks

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazing and much improved look to the standard OB wheel. I did find wheels for mine and have been trying to sell my old ones. I may powder coat and keep as a spare set. Thanks
That’s been my mindset, I can’t decide if I want to get wildtrak takeoffs or aftermarket rims. Leaning towards black cause they would look good with most paint colors. Rocking Area 51 for now, may use one of Flexishields cosmetic PPF’s to change the color.

jolson1228

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are plenty of options out there for an 18" wheel. I stuck with the stock OBX wheels because I plan to powder coat them black in the future after seeing it done in a few posts here, and narrowed it down to three solid options for my use case. I went with 275/70r18 tires which are 33", and the three top performers I found were BFG K02, Falken Wildpeak AT3W, and Goodyear Ultraterrain (Discount tire/America's tire exclusive)

I went with the Ultraterrains, which felt like a pretty rough ride until I did a chalk test and found that the tire shop overinflated the tires. Once I aired down to the proper PSI it was much smoother, and when compared to my friend's OBX with stock tires, I barely notice a difference.

As others have said, 35"s do fit a stock OBX non SAS, the only change you need to do is remove the crash bars. A level kit will make it look better, but you shouldn't have rubbing unless it's over 35" true diameter (Mine are a 33" tire, but the true diameter is 33.2". Tires can be slightly larger than the listed size depending on the tire).

If you decide to stick with the stock OBX wheels, I hope this helps! If you're set on new wheels too, I can't help you as I haven't changed mine or looked into it.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are plenty of options out there for an 18" wheel. I stuck with the stock OBX wheels because I plan to powder coat them black in the future after seeing it done in a few posts here, and narrowed it down to three solid options for my use case. I went with 275/70r18 tires which are 33", and the three top performers I found were BFG K02, Falken Wildpeak AT3W, and Goodyear Ultraterrain (Discount tire/America's tire exclusive)

I went with the Ultraterrains, which felt like a pretty rough ride until I did a chalk test and found that the tire shop overinflated the tires. Once I aired down to the proper PSI it was much smoother, and when compared to my friend's OBX with stock tires, I barely notice a difference.

As others have said, 35"s do fit a stock OBX non SAS, the only change you need to do is remove the crash bars. A level kit will make it look better, but you shouldn't have rubbing unless it's over 35" true diameter (Mine are a 33" tire, but the true diameter is 33.2". Tires can be slightly larger than the listed size depending on the tire).

If you decide to stick with the stock OBX wheels, I hope this helps! If you're set on new wheels too, I can't help you as I haven't changed mine or looked into it.
Thank you for the shout out! Thank you for helpful information.

Glad to hear that the UltraTerrains are living up to your expectations.

Scarlet1973

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can also get aftermarket tires that are equivalent to the taller/wider tires on some of the other models mounted on your factory 18’s. This is what I did. My wife likes the factory rims, personally I didn’t so we compromised and just went with 275/70/18 General Grabber ATs. You can utilize https://tiresize.com/calculator/ to see how they stack up.

How the ride with those tires?

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How the ride with those tires?
Love them so far. No real increase in road noise or noticeable negative driving characteristics. Excited to get them out on the trails hopefully soon.
Sponsored