First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really sucks. I love the Outer Banks I love all the options as it has to make it more of a everyday Cruiser. But the one thing I think is the coolest thing about it is the marine-grade vinyl. And I can't get it on the Outer Banks. It's cloth or leather. That really sucks...
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This really sucks. I love the Outer Banks I love all the options as it has to make it more of a everyday Cruiser. But the one thing I think is the coolest thing about it is the marine-grade vinyl. And I can't get it on the Outer Banks. It's cloth or leather. That really sucks...
That's why BD is better and for the price jump from BD to OB should be similiar +/- to upgrade to mid pkg and auto tranny and u will have all the extra BD accessories that comes with BD and not on the OB

Last edited:

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is also way I changed from OB to BL!

Here is why:
1. Number one reason I am getting a Bronco to begin with is ”OPEN AIR” Living in Miami, FL it rains all the time. The standard seats on the Badlands work perfectly.
2. Wheels. Even though I do not need the bigger tires and really like the standard tires on the Badlands.
3. After talking to my friends, I do plan to take this out off-reading more then expected.
4. I realized that 12 inch, High Package is not really important to me.

However, I do plan to upgrade to 2.7 L / Auto.

When all is said and done, I still will be below $50,000 for a great Bronco!!

Below is my thinking when a started. Thanks for opening my eyes!! I do not plan to wear a dress and go to soccer games anytime soon!!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is also way I changed from OB to BL!

Here is why:
1. Number one reason I am getting a Bronco to begin with is ”OPEN AIR” Living in Miami, FL it rains all the time. The standard seats on the Badlands work perfectly.
2. Wheels. Even though I do not need the bigger tires and really like the standard tires on the Badlands.
3. After talking to my friends, I do plan to take this out off-reading more then expected.
4. I realized that 12 inch, High Package is not really important to me.

However, I do plan to upgrade to 2.7 L / Auto.

When all is said and done, I still will be below $50,000 for a great Bronco!!

Below is my thinking when a started. Thanks for opening my eyes!! I do not plan to wear a dress and go to soccer games anytime soon!!
I still think BD is a better option and you'll save a lot more even by adding 2.7 with auto, hardtop and mid package.

Last edited:

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still think BD is better option and you'll save a lot more even by adding 2.7 with auto, hardtop and mid package.
Good points. I did go back and forth with BD and BL. It really came down to the standard tires on the BL. However, I will revisit that. BL has a few extra things I will never really use. You might be right.. Thanks!

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deno, most manufacturers have a plastic coating on their imitation leather seats these days. It's pretty much water resistant, and very easy to clean. IMHO if you're not doing any hard core off roading the leather in the OBX would hold up just fine. My Sahara has pleather seats, and they have done well. But, I'm a light off road guy taking the easy trails wherever I go. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outer Banks is the premium on road version where vinyl would be a bit out of place. Much like buying an F-150, you can't get everything in every trim level.

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what exactly the problem with leather?
I thought marine-grade vinyl is just cheaper leather and you can clean easy !
Both of them well have tear and wear over the years ..

Do i miss something here ??

Coryatver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Black diamond with mid package and you got an outer diamond super bronco lol

OP
OP
USMC_n_philly

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only problem with all of that is that I want the 12 and touchscreen basically I want the high and the Lux package which I can't get on the BD so I'm starting to go w the Outer Banks. So it looks like I'm probably not to get the BD and I have all the individual stuff added as an option. Or just get the Outer Banks and go with the leather option

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what exactly the problem with leather?
I thought marine-grade vinyl is just cheaper leather and you can clean easy !
Both of them well have tear and wear over the years ..

Do i miss something here ??
The vinyl will be more durable when exposed to the elements. Rain, hosing out the interior, etc.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently have a OB reserved because I really wanted the 12 inch screen and also because it comes with the 10 speed. I plan to upgrade to the 2.7 so I figured since the OB already comes with the 10 speed the upgrade will be cheaper then having to upgrade to the 2.7 and the 10 speed on the BD. I am a little unsure of what to do because like OP mentioned the vinyl is not available on the OB and I do not want cloth. I also like the rubberized flooring with drain plugs on the BD.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good points. I did go back and forth with BD and BL. It really came down to the standard tires on the BL. However, I will revisit that. BL has a few extra things I will never really use. You might be right.. Thanks!
I am hoping you can get the BL wheel and tire setup on the BD. It's easy for Ford to do! If so, that with 2.7L and hard top is my top build.

OP
OP
USMC_n_philly

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model