Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Delivery day is here! 1 day shy of the reservation anniversary.

Our Blend Date was 6/25, shipped on 6/29 and took delivery on 7/12.

I have to give a huge thanks to Octavio from Mullinax Ford. The deal was exactly as promised, no dealer fee and they honored X Plan pricing!

We have RTR Tech 6 Wheels waiting for a set of 35s to arrive and the 4WP leveling kit will arrive later this week. I am hopeful to have everything installed this weekend.

IMG_20210712_144625_01.jpg

IMG_20210712_175434.jpg

IMG_20210712_175749.jpg
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s gonna look sweet with upgraded wheels and tires. I think cactus looks best on outer banks. Wish badlands had color matched mirrors and handles. Curious how the fenders would look with Sasquatch.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have to give a huge thanks to Octavio from Mullinax Ford. The deal was exactly as promised, no dealer fee and they honored X Plan pricing!

We have RTR Tech 6 Wheels waiting for a set of 35s to arrive and the 4WP leveling kit will arrive later this week. I am hopeful to have everything installed this weekend.

Ford Bronco Outerbanks 2.3L Non-Sas Build IMG_20210712_175749

Which Mullinax dealership? I have a res. At the west palm location.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford said they will be producing 60% hard tops and 40% soft tops. I didn’t realize at the time that they meant that it will be 99% soft tops and 1% hard tops for the first several months.. sheesh ready to start seeing more MIC deliveries

Sponsored

Andy_M

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base

Congratulations, what are you initial thoughts on the 2.3L auto?

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few quick first impressions.

The ride is super smooth.
The stock Outerbanks wheels and tires look much better in person.
The blue on the seats is not as vibrant as it comes across in pictures, it also looks better in person.

IMG_20210713_115041.jpg

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been impatiently waiting to see what the leveled/bigger tires will look like with the smaller painted OBX flares. Make sure to take pics from every angle possible!

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks sweet ! I debated Cactus grey OBX to match my wifes Bronco Sport FE but in the end the matchy thing seemed a bit to much so I went A51 on my OBX. Please send more pics post wheel and tire upgrade. You mentioned a Level kit, are you doing a lift for the 35's as well or just hoping they fit with no rub ? I'm imagining you'll have to remove the crash bars. What offset did you go with of your new wheels ?

BroncoMiami

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_20210712_144625_01.jpg

IMG_20210712_175434.jpg

IMG_20210712_175749.jpg
What 35" size and brand tires did you go with? For the RTR Tech 6 wheels did you go with 17x9 with +30 offset? Satin Black or Satin Charcoal? Are you doing any lift to fit the 35s? Or just level? What about the TPMS? Different Lug nuts?

I have an OBX on the way in AMB color and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your results. Thinking of going with the RTRs (17x9 +30) in Satin Charcoal and using BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires. Will be curious to see if you are able to go bigger without a lift!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What 35" size and brand tires did you go with? For the RTR Tech 6 wheels did you go with 17x9 with +30 offset? Satin Black or Satin Charcoal? Are you doing any lift to fit the 35s? Or just level? What about the TPMS? Different Lug nuts?

I have an OBX on the way in AMB color and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your results. Thinking of going with the RTRs (17x9 +30) in Satin Charcoal and using BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires. Will be curious to see if you are able to go bigger without a lift!
We are in the process of installing the 4 Wheel Parts leveling kit. The kit is great but a single bolt has created a nightmare. There are two options to complete the install, remove the lower control arm or remove the lower strut bolts from the strut. I choose to remove the lower strut bolts, the first came out in 5 seconds with an air hammer, the second is seized and I cannot remove it (going to try using a press later today). Unfortunately, the Bronco is not yet in the Ford parts department catalogs yet and the bolt is part of the strut so I might need to get creative as replacement struts are not yet available.

If I can make this work, I will be installing 315/70r17 on 17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels. I did pick up narrow spline lug nuts, I believe the stock lug nuts will work but there would be very little clearance.

The 4wp leveling kit comes with new crash bars labeled "Big Tire Kit", I am not sure if they would be required to fit 315/70r17s but I do plan on testing with the stock crash bars.

BroncoMiami

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are in the process of installing the 4 Wheel Parts leveling kit. The kit is great but a single bolt has created a nightmare. There are two options to complete the install, remove the lower control arm or remove the lower strut bolts from the strut. I choose to remove the lower strut bolts, the first came out in 5 seconds with an air hammer, the second is seized and I cannot remove it (going to try using a press later today). Unfortunately, the Bronco is not yet in the Ford parts department catalogs yet and the bolt is part of the strut so I might need to get creative as replacement struts are not yet available.

If I can make this work, I will be installing 315/70r17 on 17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels. I did pick up narrow spline lug nuts, I believe the stock lug nuts will work but there would be very little clearance.

The 4wp leveling kit comes with new crash bars labeled "Big Tire Kit", I am not sure if they would be required to fit 315/70r17s but I do plan on testing with the stock crash bars.
Thanks for the update! Do you have a pic of those monster tires mounted to the wheels yet? As for the lug nuts it would be nice to find a set to match the wheel color as opposed to the chrome. What are you doing about TPSM sensors?

Definitely keep us here posted and I can't wait to see the finished product pics! Get some leveling kit install pics if you can too.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update! Do you have a pic of those monster tires mounted to the wheels yet? As for the lug nuts it would be nice to find a set to match the wheel color as opposed to the chrome. What are you doing about TPSM sensors?

Definitely keep us here posted and I can't wait to see the finished product pics! Get some leveling kit install pics if you can too.
I am going to have the tire shop swap the TPMS sensors to the new wheels, because of this we are waiting to have the tires mounted to the wheels until they are ready to throw on the Bronco.

We went with black lug nuts rather than chrome.

I will share the install video and all of the parts and tools needed once I get over the hurdle of the seized bolt.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Bronco will be available to pick up from 4wp tomorrow. Should have been finished today but they also ran into troublesome bolts and had to order replacements to put the Bronco back together, their issue was the lower control arm bolts.

I posted the following within other threads but figured it would be good to share here also. I attempted the 4wp level install last Sunday and I rather than attempt to remove the lower control arms I went for the lower strut bolts. The first one came out like butter, I fought the second one for 4-5 hours with no luck. I ended up damaging 2 or 3 threads so I put it back to stock. I then proceeded to Ford to see about getting replacement lower strut bolts to which I found they are not available yet as they are part of the strut. That is when I threw in the towel because I do not want to take the blame if the Bronco is put of commission, I have been married long enough to know better. So now it is at 4wp where they are running into similar issues. This is a first for me, I have always been a do it yourself kind of guy.

Hopefully I am sharing completed photos tomorrow night!

Good luck with your builds and be careful!
Sponsored